Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
APBA Offshore Chairman's Response to APBA "Report" >

APBA Offshore Chairman's Response to APBA "Report"

Notices

APBA Offshore Chairman's Response to APBA "Report"

Old 04-23-2003, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Who needs facts? Attorneys convict on circumstancial evidence all the time. Oops I said the A word.

I was under the assumption that this was Offshore Only and that being anonimous was what it was all about. Note the USERNAME!
Old 04-23-2003, 06:56 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by speedchic
So C_spray,
Are you trying to say it makes one more knowledgeable about the facts if they know how to spell and use correct punctuation. I would say NOT!!
Brian, Nick, Chris - Thanks for explaining social skills to Speedchic. I've been traveling and away from the board. Looks like I missed quite a bit of the same old thing.

Speedchic - Any message is made up of both content and presentation. The perceived validity of that message is a function of both. If a well-dressed stranger shows up at your front door with roses and professes to be attracted to you, will you treat him differently than your stalker who jumps out from behind the bushes and clubs you over the head? Of course you will.

However: In their minds, they are both presenting you with the same message. I would guess, though, that your perception of that message is likely to be somewhat different between the two.

Same case here. ModMachine is a newbie here, but he is presenting his case in a rational, well-presented, and methodical manner. I'm sure that he's a bad choice from your perspective because he's on the "wrong" side, but I think you get the point.

Now, as far as what "makes one more knowledgeable about the facts":

1) Present the facts.
2) Back them up with specifics.

I've been through some sanctioning body wars. Right now the parent APBA is doing itself a lot of long-term damage. Way, way to much indication of skullduggery and behind-the-scenes maneuvering, and very, very bad timing. Even if they "win", what will they have? The rule book and sanctioning body initials do not make a series. Racers and race teams make up a series, and I think I hear what they are saying in this case.

I said it in another thread: APBA is on a path to follow the SCCA into oblivion here.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C-Spray,

Nice to see we are no longer using USAC as our bad example.

Just kidding.

As a new racer (you know the guy who will be quiting in three years) reading Mr. Alweiss's replay was comforting.

Today I was on the phone with the secretary of POPRA who is helping me get ready and she pretty much summed it up for me by stating, "Regardless of the APBA v LLC issues, we (POPRA) are going racing".

That is all I needed to hear.

Rick

btw. Just thought I would publicly thank Chris Reindl for his help in me finding a boat and his support of our new team. In the end we did not buy from him, but very much appreciate his help. We are looking forward to representing him on the west coast and showing what his boat can do.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:43 PM
Hotfoot

Originally posted by speedchic
Hope to see you at the Miami race this weekend!! How are ya doing Hotfoot? Are you racing this weekend?
Sorry ; sweety , We are headin' to Alaska for two weeks' ( I'll have my laptop) leave in a.m.

Old 04-23-2003, 08:08 PM
ModMachine

Just to apologize to everyone here about not using my real name.
I've got a business that needs to stay neutral in this deal.I dont want to bring any funk to my partner,so that is why my name stays anonimous here.Hope you all understand.

Now here's another thought
We know theres a handfull of guys on here with an axe to grind with MA,who would love nothing better than help him fall.A guy who got canned and boosom buddy to another guy who also has a chip on his shoulder for MA,is the man behind the alias known as Boatinjoe.,,Cant help but notice he hasnt chimed in here on this thred yet? Wonder why.

If I needed to go underground,so nobody would sniff me out on OSO,I'd probabyl make my new username chic!
Speedchic,,,do you know Boatinjoe?

Old 04-23-2003, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Mike And Me

At someone's suggestion I spoke with Mike A. today and spent exactly 81min on the phone with him. I would like to thank him for his uninterrupted attention that he gave freely. I still have quite a few questions but they may be going toward some members of the APBA BOD very soon once a little more information is looked over. I suggest anyone that has a question to call Mike and ask him yourself. As for me it just gets more and more interesting as I learn more. Again I would like too thank Mike A for taking time to talk to me and give his insights to this whole big mess. For those that stand by him I can start to understand your loyalty.

Thanks to all
Matthew Barrett

Not so confused as before.
Old 04-23-2003, 09:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Matthew

So now you see why I take up for the LLC. Apples for Apples it's as good as it's ever been for the racers. Still not one complaint from our guy's. BH
Old 04-24-2003, 07:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Mike And Me

Originally posted by Grin&Barrett
At someone's suggestion I spoke with Mike A. today and spent exactly 81min on the phone with him. I would like to thank him for his uninterrupted attention that he gave freely. I still have quite a few questions but they may be going toward some members of the APBA BOD very soon once a little more information is looked over. I suggest anyone that has a question to call Mike and ask him yourself. As for me it just gets more and more interesting as I learn more. Again I would like too thank Mike A for taking time to talk to me and give his insights to this whole big mess. For those that stand by him I can start to understand your loyalty.

Thanks to all
Matthew Barrett

Not so confused as before.
Matthew,
Great to hear!
Old 04-24-2003, 11:07 AM
speedchic

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Too Old
I don't think there's any hidden jealousy.

I think what he might of meant is that he hopes you enjoy the SBI races this weekend. Hope everyone stays safe and has a big time.

Now, why can't you leave the APBA folks to do the same? Why not wish them well too?
I wish everybody well!!!

Old 04-24-2003, 11:28 AM
speedchic

Unhappy

Originally posted by Airpacker
Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. Just read back to your comments towards Troutly before you type next time.

You have offered no facts to support any arguement though you have claimed to have great knowledge of the subject. You have openenly critisized a member of the board over something as silly as his avatar and seem to be inferring that I am a stalker. The likelyhood that I would stalk you is purely in your imagination. I will leave you with this simple thought,I don't take anything said by anyone that has no name as fact and not too many others will either.

Sean Rodrigue aka Airpacker.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone!! I meant it as a figure of speech.

Quick Reply: APBA Offshore Chairman's Response to APBA "Report"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.