Notices

Down for the count

Old 04-24-2003, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Down for the count

Well it started out as a fun motocross day with my son on my birthday. It did not end that way. To fast at the wrong time and place, over the bars I went. All that is but my right foot that caught on the handlebar witch proceeded to dislocate the lower joint in my ankle and break other assorted bones in my foot as the bike twisted around. This happened on the 12th and I am now just getting home. Four surgeries to repair my ankle and foot. First one to reconstruct the ankle. The second one they had to make three 4" cuts through the skin to relieve the pressure inside my foot. The third one was to re-pin the ankle joint. Finally the last was for skin grafts to close the foot up.

I can't believe this occurred at all it was just a total fluke. All I know is I just lost a huge portion of the boating season. My boats not even put back together yet and I am sure that it will be 6 to 8 weeks before I can put enough weight on it to work on the boat. I will also miss the first runs of the year. Man this sucks thinking about it.

I don't mean to vent about it I just feel like sh#$^ this is not the way I wanted to start this summer. I know,I know if you want to play you have to pay. In 24 years of riding this was not the first bone to break and it may not be the last. It's just the timing sucks!!!

Thanks for lending an ear
Old 04-24-2003, 01:21 PM
TulsaLarry

Sorry to hear of your troubles and ails. Hope you can get back to 100% soon.

Old 04-24-2003, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I feel your pain...

one week after my wedding, my best man lay motionless on the ground bleeding and not breathing, he endowed over some breaker bumps and got tangled up in the bike.

I was never so scared in my life, I ran over to him after the crash and just kept falling trying to run so fast.

anyway, three days in intensive care, 30 stiches, 11 titanium screws (100 bucks a piece ) ( broken elbow ), 2 surgeries and 30 grand later he is just fine.

the not so funny part is right before the crash, he asked my why I was riding like such a *****, I said, because I am going home in one piece.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:26 PM
riskybusiness

Unhappy

'Sorry to hear about the crash---hope your recovery goes quickly.

I've got a couple of older dirt bikes, and ride them once in a while. When I do, I ride like a ***** to avoid the very predicament you're in. I know I'm no Jeremy McGrath, and never try to prove the opposite to myself or anyone else.

Again, 'hope you heal up quickly!