Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which SUV Has the Best Quality? >

Which SUV Has the Best Quality?

Notices
View Poll Results: Which SUV has the Best Quality?
BMW 4.4
39.29%
MB ML 500
10.71%
Acura MDX
25.00%
Other with high safety rating.
25.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Which SUV Has the Best Quality?

Old 04-29-2003, 12:08 PM
pimpthis.com
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

H2
Old 04-29-2003, 12:11 PM
Registered

Personal anecdotes aside, I chose the X5 because of this:

Greer, SC (11/14/2000) — The BMW X5 has been rated a "Best Pick" by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, outperforming all other SUVs tested. The X5 not only rated higher than other SUVs, it earned a higher rating than all other vehicles previously tested by the Institute.

I think that says it all...
Old 04-29-2003, 12:17 PM
Registered

Bought my wife a Lexus LS470 2 years ago for Christmas. She wanted a Land Cruiser for about 10 years and I thought I would surprise here with one. Only went with the Lexus since the Nav system wasn't available in the Toyota version at the time. The Levenson stereo that came with it is probably the best I've heard in any car, fatory system that is. She love is and we've never had any problems with it, ever. When we take it in for scheduled service there is always an RX300 waiting for her to take for the day as well. She *****ed that I spent the money on the nav system saying she didn't need it, now she can't live without one.
I would definately check out the new Land Cruisers. I've had Toyotas for more than 15 years and never had a problem with any of them, including my '94 pickup that I still drive today.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:21 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

I'm with Marie. I have owned and driven a 4 Runner for five years without a single issue (except for power which has now been rectified with the availability of a V8 in the 2003 model). Based upon the reliability of my 4 Runner, the wife got a Toyota Sequoia last year to transport our three little darlings.

By way of full disclosure, however, I have also heard and read that the X5 is perhaps the safest vehicle on the road. Good luck packing in the kids though.

Best of luck on the new purchase, whatever it may be.

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 04-29-2003, 12:22 PM
Registered

the toyotas rank right up there also. we looked at them, but she didn't take to any of them.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:29 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

The look at the Toyota Sequia. Great truck. Runner up to the Envoy.

I saw the safety rating on the Envoy. It didn't look bad. Hey, it's a truck with airbags, how bad can it be?
Old 04-29-2003, 12:39 PM
Registered

ron, you try and convince a pregnant woman. i have already tried.
Old 04-29-2003, 01:06 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Then just get her and H2 Hummer and be done with it. She can't get hurt in that beast, unless she messes with an 18 wheeler.
Old 04-29-2003, 01:17 PM
packinair

I had a ML55 in my shop about a week ago, after a LONG LONG way taking it back to the dealer I must say of all the highline suv's we have had here that one takes it

Old 04-29-2003, 01:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

We have always had suburbans, expeditions, and large SUV. Since my daughter is about to be driving and only have the 2 children we wanted something in a smaller but high quality and safe package. We drove the Lexus, Envoy, Mercedes, BMW, and New Volvo. The one I liked was the Volvo, but it was 46K, my wife liked the Acura, at retail 37300. its one hell of a vehicle, its got alot of neat features, 5 star crash rated, and their quality is as good as the BMW, with a third seat. I'm not a import guy, but am impressed, we get on the highway 23-24 mpg and with 260hp its as quick as our Denali , not as roomy, but over all a better vehicle, just my .02, good luck

Quick Reply: Which SUV Has the Best Quality?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.