Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: My first flight today... >

OT: My first flight today...

Notices

OT: My first flight today...

Old 05-08-2003, 03:37 PM
JROMY2

That's great that your instrument skills came back so easily. I've been out of currency for about 3 years and keep kicking myself for letting everything lapse (commercial, multi, instrument). Hopefully mine come back as quickly!

The float idea is a good one also. Anyone know of any good FBOs around the New York City, Long Island, Connecticut area? I've wanted my float rating for a while anyway.

Old 05-08-2003, 03:51 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SummerO-
I convinced the owner of the 340 to redo the panel- it is getting an all new Garmin package with 530 and 430, plus the new Mode S transponders that display your traffic. The autopilot is being replaced as well with a new S-Tec 65. New everything!
I've spent a litlle time with the CDrom for the 530, and it seems to be a pretty capable unit- almost as good as some of the FMS's in the jets. Since his jet is all Collins, the flight instruments in the 340 are going to be too- full electric flight director and HSI to replace the old air-drive stuff.
It's going to be a very trick setup- I designed the whole thing for him, and am cutting him the new panels. I have a very competent guy doing the install locally- I'll just babysit the project. I AM installing the spoiler/air brake kits, as well as the new intercoolers myself. The aircraft will be painted when all is done- it still sports its original Cessna factory paint.
Should make for a very nice and safe to fly aircraft when it's all done. He loves that Falcon SO much, and flies it himself. If he doesn't want to fly the 340, I will.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got my student pilot certtificate, have about 20 hours in a C172, I am almost ready to solo, need a little more work with cross wind landings, I am good with the radios and air space procedures. Made two long trips, first from pompano to marathon and second from pompano to fort myers. Next week I take the Cigarette to Marathon for the apba race, staying at duck key.