Need help with 25 - 28 purchase >

Need help with 25 - 28 purchase

Notices

Need help with 25 - 28 purchase

Old 05-08-2003, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hugonb

Any plywood or bulsa cored areas are covered and/or sealed. They build a very solid boat that will take more punishment and out perform many other boats in it's $ range.

Steve
Old 05-08-2003, 12:48 PM
WALKIN THE DOG

Well, you did say lake boat... right??? Warlock is a awesome rough water fast boat (27ft-up). Haven't rode in a 25. 27 & up is a fast hull but needs some bigger water for the step to work good. I had a 25 nordic rage that was a awesome , fast, quality, LAKE BOAT!!! That would be my choice. They are very economically priced also. Call bob1 and take a ride. Mine ran 77mph on gps stock 502 mpi 25 mirage plus. Be very careful not to buy a river boat when you are looking for a lake boat if you want speed.

Good Luck
Don't give up on CATS till your wife rides in both. My wife was the same way, and now, she wouldn't give up the Eliminator for nothing!!

Old 05-08-2003, 12:57 PM
Registered

HugB,

If you are looking for a West Coast boat you are fine with either the Nordic or the Warlock.

The most imporatant thing for you to do, is be real honest on what the purpose of the boat is.

I have a 28' Nordic, and enjoy the boat. It has a 496ho and runs right at 70 mph. You will not find a better boat for the $$'s, new or used.

If your objective is to hit the lakes with friends are are looking for a stable, comfortable ride, the Nordic might be your boat.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a high performance boat that handles like a sports car, the Warlock is the way to go. Someone a few posts ago commented the 25 was not race worthy???? Check the APBA Offshore Results from Cleveland last year and the Great Lakes Series F1 results, Warlock 25' owned them.

The Warlock is a tougher boat to drive than the Nordic, and is most definatly not on the mild side. I considered trading the Nordic for a Warlock but the wife stopped me as she perferred the comfort of the Nordic.

Where are you going to use the boat? If you are truly going to be offshore, you will want the deeper V of the Warlock. If it is a lake boat, once again the Nordic will be more stable.

Every boat owner is going to tell you why his brand is the best (it is the way boat owners try to feel smart to compensate for buying a boat in the first place), you have to make the decision on what boat will fit your style of boating from a comfort and cost perspective. It is also nice to have a boat from a "local" within a time zone or two manufacturer. Unless you want to be the only guy on your block with a certain toy.

A couple of years ago that was me with the Nordic, now there are quite a few where we boat. Bittersweet feeling.

If your answer is you want both, then do what I did, talk the wife into letting you have a second boat where the sole purpose is racing.

Good luck,
Rick
Old 05-08-2003, 01:29 PM
hugonb

Rick,

Thanks for the info. I agree, these two are the ones that are on the top of my list. We have several lakes up here, from being smooth most of the time to Lake Texoma which is very large and that can give a you quite a shake. I want something that will be good for both. I think you answered my questions on the Warlock. From my viewpoint, the Nordic has more "Conforts", the Warlock is more for driving hard in rough water. As I said, I am going to check out a 25' this weekend. The dealer also has a 28 heat so I can get a good feel.

Old 05-08-2003, 04:40 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Cant compare the 25 Warlock to a 28 Nordic. Much more room in a Nordic. The space between the seats is non existant in the Warlock.
If you want a fair comparison the 27 is much bigger. The 29 bigger yet but less freeboard and less headroom in the cabin then the 27.
I dont know what you mean by the Nordic being more comfy. I have spent up to a week living in my Warlock (at a marina) and with the camper enclosure up and the TV on it dont get much better. My Warlock will out run and out handle any 28 Nordic Ive run up against, in the rough and on smooth water, and being from Ca theres been a few.
Compare apples to apples and then decide.

Dan
Old 05-08-2003, 04:43 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Here's a 27
Attached Thumbnails Need help with 25 - 28 purchase-cockpit2.jpg  
Old 05-08-2003, 04:51 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Hey RYoung
Did you get your Nordic from the boys at A&T (Al and Todd) ?
If so tell em Dan said Hi.

Dan
Old 05-13-2003, 11:11 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default All these boats...

And not a single mention of Active Thunder's 25??

Doesn't matter if you are on a rough lake or the ocean, a 25' Active Thunder capable of 80mph with stock HP 500, (no superchargers), and still sleeps two is the only way to go.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:27 AM
Offshore Addiction

have got access to a used 29 world class w/502 mpi,hyd steering,planes,and dry stainless exhaust,gps speedo,boat will turn 73 mph on flat water all day long,won a flag in her once myself....will talk to you about her if you would like,but with all the p-class *****in going on I'd rather not say.........

and hey fever mike,add #16 to your list,ACTIVATOR 26..........and # 17,the JOKER 28,that you can order new from us and get exceptional discounts on either with new boat orders!!!!!

Last edited by Offshore Addiction; 05-14-2003 at 06:36 AM.

Old 05-14-2003, 07:44 AM
Registered

I know I will probably get ridiculed for this but I think the Baja 25 Outlaw or the 275 would be a good choice. I know I know, they are not as much of a "custom" boat as most mentioned here but in my experiance they are a good boat for the money. They are built well and handle rough water great. You would however need 500 EFI to go much over 70 on GPS or radar. To me their biggest downfall is the quantity of them that are out there, however you do have the Level I and II custom options to set it apart. To me dealer location plays a big role in a purchase of a boat. I would not want to travel 3+ hrs to get warranty or service work done.

Quick Reply: Need help with 25 - 28 purchase

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.