Notices

APBA Bod Who's in charge?

Old 05-20-2003, 07:39 PM
Hotfoot

Mike A. Grow a set of NUTS and Quit being a typical truth twistiing , (Lawyer) ---(public defender) or is it (SELF DEFERNDER)

Old 05-20-2003, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike A,
There are almost 10,000 OSO members and hundreds of APBA members on this board. This thread amounts to 3 or 4 guys posting 4 pages of crap. Those of us who raced in Marathon had a great time and will continue to do so under your guidance. I have been racing for 3 years and have only seen progress.
Racers come and racers go for various reason but the sport is moving foward in my opinion.
Can anyone tell me of an era in offshore when 80-90 boats show and race, most finish, most are deck to deck racing until the finish.
NO WAY, it never happened until LLC.
People gets pissed and yes, sometimes with rule changes and classes being eliminated etc. we do take a step or two back.
BUT, for every step back, LLC takes two foward.
This amounts to great numbers of boats and great head to head racing. If you don't like it than go to SBI and run in their Poker run without cards. Mike A, nobody but a disgruntled few are even listening to this BS
Sincerely,
Scott Begovich
Old 05-20-2003, 09:30 PM
aadesign

you know it's good I've taken a break from racing these past couple of years, I can just read about the infighting and not be part of it. When LLC started up SBI was the villan. But old John hangs in there. Then Lee Mills who was a $ man for SBI years ago gets involved in LLC & whamo. Now the old guard of APBA is in the hot seat. (by the way there have been many times when 80-90 boats raced in SBI and APBA had 25-30 mostly A boats it depends on where the sites are or which "org." was in that year)
Don't be suprised if APBA goes with SBI for a few races this year like they did for 3 Worlds in Key West years ago. There could be a migration.

Old 05-20-2003, 09:40 PM
Registered

The #'s may have been there, but the close racing was never like today.There may have been a few close races here and there, but it happens every race in LLC today I may have only raced for three years, but I have been an avid fan since my dad raced in the 70's.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:39 PM
WATERBOY2

Scott B.
You are so right!There have been good years and bad in our sport in terms of number of boats and which organization they supported....APBA,OPT,USO,SBI.....but the LLC has established something that none of its predecessors ever could; COMPETITIVE RACING!Thats what its all about.

Old 05-21-2003, 07:50 AM
jackson_staley

I think most have no argument with the racers or the racing. I know a few do, but most don't.
From my viewpoint this is about a power struggle between the LLC and APBA and has nothing to do with the actual racing, class rules, TV or any boat counts. This is about the self appointment of a select few to in reality, control all of APBA and about the enforcement of a contract between the LLC and APBA.
In reality this is about how a private company, which none of us has a vested interest in, relates to APBA and how the president of that company relates to APBA.
What the heck does any of this have to do with actual offshore racing?

Old 05-21-2003, 08:10 AM
Registered

Your right, it has nothing to do with actual racing. My point is
that we've got a good thing going now and I would like to keep it that way. If we the racers stick with our leadership and use our power of #'s, it will work out in the end. I am not trying to kiss ass, but I am in it to race and I am racing. when I lose its my fault, not a product of rule bending. Let the powers that be work it out. If we stick with LLC wich has brought Racing up a knotch, it will all work out in our best interest. I personally could care less who did what to whom or why. I want to race deck to deck with 80-90 other boats and I don't care how its get's done.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:15 AM
Registered

nothing,let allweis run it. he has to wake up with himself,and live with what he does. other people live there life diffrent. if you want to race ,race and leave the bs out. i'll be having fun at the ac poker run and new york and so on. delete this thread it boring and the same ****. LET THE RACERS RACE,THERE BIG BOYS AND KNOW WHAT THEY WANT AND WHERE THEY WANT TO RACE.