Notices

Marathon Results

Old 05-19-2003, 07:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fever Mike,a couple questions for you.We lost a prop blade about 30 seconds into the start in Marathon but still had 66 on our gps so we decided to take a chance and run with the vibration in case one or two broke down or out on thier gps boxes,we would still be in the top three.Ok 6 and half laps lose a second blade and all hell breaks loose and were out,but were in 3rd pl.so its werth it to me. Now one boat gets DQ for speed,were in second pl.When we get in they check our box it says 69 were ok.We take off for home,work all night to change he complet drivetrain and have it ready to race by noon in Frt.Myers,only to find out from the Jersey bunch that we didnt get scored because after three years with same numbers they couldnt be read. Now if that dont stink I dont no what does.Could it be because I qestion the INSPECTERS on some things that this was a good way to get even or was it Mike A making sure the JERSEY BUNCH happy to get his foot in the door in opa.You tell me how a start only with GPS box that is supposed to tell can be put behind a DG. MEL TEAM VIXEN P5 16
Old 05-19-2003, 08:10 AM
Banned

I heard about a boat being dq'd because of the numbers. That sounded like bs to me. You would think if they couldn't read them, they would have said something at inspection.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:29 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Mel
I heard at the tech inspec that some guys were gonna get DQ'd I didnt know you were one of them. I guess Pokeruns .com got hit too. That sucks. I heard you guys go by and it didnt sound like you were runnin too good. I wondered what happened.
Did they let you race in Ft Myers?

Dan
F1-83 Screamin Eagle
Old 05-19-2003, 08:36 AM
Registered

This looks like it's in dire need of a rule clarification. It's their GPS boxes. If they can't read the numbers of their own boxes, then "burden of proof" says that there's no proof of a violation.

Imagine: Lab loses DNA sample: "No numbers." Accused gets the chair.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:40 AM
Jeff

is this a class with no prize money?

Old 05-19-2003, 08:45 AM
Registered

Peconic, They are talking about the #s on the boats, and Mel has raced for the last 3 years and no one ever missed his # before.
If the techs were saying before the race a few guys would be DQ'd. They should have told those guys and I am sure Ryan Beckly would have fixed them.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:51 AM
Registered

Gotcha, Scott.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:24 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

- Ben doesn't want to race open cockpit boats anymore after datyona.
-BC and crew never made it to the race bad fuel problems all week leading up to the race.
-Scott McCormick was not in The Velocity, which DID spin out.
-Bacardi Silver is racin Superboat in SBI.
-Fury ran ok but not fast enough for SV speed wise.
-Obsession took half the fleet off course at the start and quit?
-Big Oaks broke on the parade lap (POOR GUYS)
-Several boat got Dq'd 9 I think great to see rules being implemented, It's a tough call if you are at the top of a speed bracket but I guess theyy need to just slow the boats down alittle. The ATC boat that won P2 ran a 99.5 I placed third with 93.8.
-How fast did your Joker break out by?
-The winng P3 boat the TKO/Sutphen was 1st over all, before being DQ'd
-The number thing WAS addressed pretty well at the drivers meeting and Tomlinson even mentioned my name and company and NOT ONE TEAM contacted me.

Last edited by Ryan Beckley; 05-19-2003 at 09:28 AM.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guys,what im asking Fever Mike for is some ansewers,him being a past inspecter i thought he might be willing to stick his neck out.APBA does not say we were DQ d thier saying we did a start only, and i believe a start is in front of a DQ.Secondly If this magice box of thiers cant tell we did 6 an half laps what good is it.I know the engines i put together and i gambeld it would make it,and i believe it have if we hadnt slowed down on turn 5 for Bruce ,but there was a yellow flag on the safty boat and didnt know if he was broke or pitched one of his crew on the turn.If an inspecter measured my numbers before the race and they were wrong why werent we told so we could fix it.I know they werent measured after.
Old 05-19-2003, 02:34 PM
Registered

Mal. Sorry to hear about your problems. We were hoping tp have a good race with you guys. The numbers thing sounds like BS to me too. We heard that the Joker boat ran 70.3 but did not see it first hand.

Warren
High Priority Offshore
P5-10

Quick Reply: Marathon Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.