Notices

Lake Champlain, NY

Old 05-19-2003, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Champlain, NY

I am thinking about a trip to the lake for the first time with a few other boats. Coming from New Jersey I am looking for a launch ramp with parking and some motels/hotels in the area. I would also like to keep the boats at a slip overnight instead of pulling them out each day. Can someone help me out? Looking for the shortest drive possible.
Old 05-19-2003, 07:43 AM
Registered

GLH is the man on Champlain.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:58 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Coming from NJ you might want to putt in the water on the NY side at the bottom of Willsboro Bay or something like that. There is a Marina in Willsboro bay you could dock at Willsboro Bay Marina and there is a beautiful state ramp at the bottom of the bay with plenty of parking. Found this on NY state web about public ramps others are listed on Lake Champlain:

http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/d.../foe4cbl2.html

(D) - Essex County, Willsboro Bay. On County Route 27 on east side of bay, 3 miles north of the Village of Willsboro. Hard surface launching ramp. Parking for 100 cars and trailers. Pumpout.

and here is the location of the place just hit directions from that page, I imagine coming from the south you would save at least 60-70 miles trailering compared to going up thru VT. This is also a very low traffic area if your wondering about safety for your trailer and tow rigs no population at all around there.

Willsboro Point

I think in NY state however motels might be on the low side if not inexistant.

If you guys want to pull all the way up to Burlington then in Mallets bay there is a beautifull ramp with Motels and Marinas that have transient slips galor if you call in advance.
the ramp is adjacent to the Champlain Marina Give me a call at 802-734-8284 and I can give you all the information you want.

This tread about a Get Together has a ton of information on the lake, let me know when your up we're always in for some riding around!!!
Old 05-19-2003, 09:14 AM
Registered

Since we are leaving Thursday afternoon we will no be up there for 5 hours. Launching will not occur til Friday morning. Is it possible to stay in a motel near Wilsboro Marina then launch there in the morning. How far is it by boat to the Burlington areas you mentioned from Wilsboro? Cruising 35-40mph. Once we are in the Burlington area we could get some slips for Friday and SAturday but will we need a car to get to lodging or are the places on the water or in walking distance?
Old 05-19-2003, 09:17 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wills to BTV about 12 miles straight across east
Attached Thumbnails Lake Champlain, NY-willsbtv.jpg  
Old 05-19-2003, 09:22 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

About Motels around Wisboro Bay for Thursday night Call the lady that owns the marina (518) 963-7276 Phone she would have an idea of lodging I am not well versed on the land in that area.

For docking in BTV try:
Lake Champlain Ferries
(802) 864-9804
or
Burlington Boathouse
(802) 865-3377
If they are not the numbers to reserve docks they will have the information.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:27 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There are plenty of Hotels within walking distance don't rent a car all the fun is within walking distances

I have a few connections with hotels however I will get back to you.

The marathon is this Week end in Burlington. Hotels might be sparse I will give you further info I have to go to a meeting now!!!
Old 05-19-2003, 09:32 AM
Registered

The weekend I am looking at is July 17-20. You have been a huge help and I would love to meet you and others that weekend! Keep the info coming.....the drinks are on me if we meet up!
Old 05-19-2003, 11:04 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hotel link from Water front in Burlington. The Radisson is right across the road from the basin but is expensive. All the other Hotels you can get a cab or van that will get you there fast. If we're around we have an Excursion we can fit 10-12 people in!!!

Last edited by GLH; 05-19-2003 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-19-2003, 11:44 AM
Registered

thanks for all your help. Still debating on Lake George. Its a few hours closer for us and I have been there numerous times. I will post of we come up. thanks again

Quick Reply: Lake Champlain, NY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.