Notices

Donzi Barrell Roll??

Old 05-22-2003, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ecaliber or nefarious or........whoever you are today, PM me you real name and a phone number where I can contact you and I will be more than happy to answer any questions, or if you prefer I can have Pat call you back as well.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally posted by thunderdan
ecaliber or nefarious or........whoever you are today, PM me you real name and a phone number where I can contact you and I will be more than happy to answer any questions, or if you prefer I can have Pat call you back as well.

ahhhh, silence...
Old 05-22-2003, 10:53 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Is there an "anti Active Thunder" movement going on? I must have missed that one.

I'm not sure that there is any true anti-Audacity sentiment either, but this forum requires you to put up or shut up...... It's a big part of what makes it so useful and informative.... Joey has boasted a bit about his boat, his abilities, and his drive...... He is also a "tech editor" on a boating magazine and with that comes a certain professional responsibility...and expectation of journalistic even handedness. At the same time he has been less than flattering in some of his comments about others. I chalk all of this up to lack of experience, and youthful exuberance (In fact as a young racer... I was worse....), but it has hurt his credibility... maybe undeservedly so...but no one said life (or boating) is fair.

We are all glad he wasn't hurt....... no exceptions. Many of us are skeptical that he learned the primary lesson that an accident like that should teach, to objectively avoid a repetition.... with enough humility and gratitude for the safe outcome.

My only point here (and disageement with Joey)...... is his trivialization of accidents as "just part of racing". I chalk this up to his aforementioned youth and a misplaced machismo present in a lot of boat racers over the years. While there is no doubt that accidents will happen....... the vast majority are avoidable...and more importantly..... technology improvements must continually occur to minimize injuries or fatalities. This will happen only if we continually raise the safety bar...and never accept these incidents as "inevitable"....... I can point to a number of fatal accidents (but not in a public forum) that were clearly preventable using the technology available at the time of the death...... and that makes me angry and sad at the same time.

Joey may counter that his family is willing to "take the risks", but ask any of the widows at the many funerals I have been to while burying good friends.... if they were "willing" to permanently sacrifice their loved one to an avoidable accident.... and you get a whole different sense of the gravity inherent in this topic.

I congratulate Joey on his racing career, and sincerely wish him both success........ and humility. He will benefit greatly from both.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 05-22-2003 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-22-2003, 11:15 AM
Registered

T2x, "youth and a misplaced machismo"...this is really far from the truth and you really have no idea who i am or what i'm about...but you can have your opinion.

"I chalk all of this up to lack of experience, and youthful exuberance "...again this proves you have no idea of my background!

T2x, you seem to have me all figured out. How about take the time to come to a race and met me in person? I think you would have a very different opinion...till then you can speculate all you want about who i am and what i'm about.
Old 05-22-2003, 11:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

H20warrior....read my previous posts about where I heard it. If you knew how to read, and followed the thread, you might realize that it was most likely a bad rumor from a stemming from the spin-out in Marathon...

I too know of the Pompano roll-over two years ago...Kevin Erams F2 boat during testing..(Kevin was NOT in the boat)]

As for the one in Maryland/Va....hadn't heard of that one til today!
Old 05-22-2003, 11:19 AM
Registered

Default Great Thread, I am still laughing

Fred, I had no idea you were this funny! As this thread unfolds you keep outdoing yourself. Where are you finding those cartoons?

Philip
Old 05-22-2003, 11:37 AM
Registered

Just goes to show you, you can't believe everything you read on the Internet...
Attached Thumbnails Donzi Barrell Roll??-honesty.jpg  
Old 05-22-2003, 11:51 AM
Registered

funny i met my current wife from a online dating service...she still pissed about all my lies!
Old 05-22-2003, 12:12 PM
Banned

Originally posted by audacity

T2x, you seem to have me all figured out. How about take the time to come to a race and met me in person? I think you would have a very different opinion...till then you can speculate all you want about who i am and what i'm about.
Glad to see that Audacity is back up on a plane.
Old 05-22-2003, 01:47 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by audacity

T2x, you seem to have me all figured out.
Originally posted by T2x.... 30 days ago

It now seems we have a generation of guys who, aspiring only to be "like Don Aronow", standing in a cockpit two or three abreast.....and believing they have a world class skill set without training.......are racing in 30-40 ' vees at or above 100 mph. What they don't realize, and apparently don't want to learn, is that Mr. Aronow raced at speeds between 40 and 65 mph during his entire career.....and the vee bottom designs he helped to pioneer were never intended to go straight at these speeds .....much less turn.

However if you must barrel into race turns at ballistic speeds, with stern drives spinning backwards, and bubbles ooozing out of your steps....( the current "hot" setup) at the very least you need to have some frame of reference in the basics of mass, momentum, hyrodynamics, course correction, and surface adhesion limits.......all of which can be learned with plenty of seat time in a smaller boat.

So instead of patting yourselves on the back while waiting for your drives to be put back on......or worse...... spend some time around the "little guys".... you just might learn a thing or two.

T2x
[/Quote]

Yes Joey....... I seem to have you all figured out.

T2x

Quick Reply: Donzi Barrell Roll??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.