VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do not miss this.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=51284
Old 06-02-2003, 07:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I BET EVERYONE WAS SORE AFTER THE EVENT!
Old 06-02-2003, 07:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

DID KURT RUN IN THE RACE? PERFECT WATER FOR HIS 42 CUV!
Old 06-02-2003, 08:30 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Darren, Kurt sold the CUV over the winter. He raced in the Bad Boy boat with Tony.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:42 AM
WATERBOY2

Thumbs up

Even with the horrible conditions, the race went off like a clock work.The OPA and NJOPRA should be commended for a job well done.The volunteers; particularly the pace,sweep and checkpoint boat owners deserve alot of thanks for braving the conditions to help with the event and providing the best seats in the house!Good show by ALL the teams; and most importantly a safe race.Looking forward to more boats and better weather for Seaside.

Mark H.

Old 06-02-2003, 08:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally posted by Ron P
Darren, Kurt sold the CUV over the winter. He raced in the Bad Boy boat with Tony.
OH, Who owns the CUV NOW?
Old 06-02-2003, 09:17 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Someone told me it was scrapped? The boat had alot of time on it and the rivets will only hold for so long. Worth a good penny when on a scale when the Aluminum value is up.
Does anyone know the true whereabouts?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-02-2003, 10:12 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Tony from Bad Boy has it along with the old Arasaki hull which he turned into a pleasure boat. Not sure of his plans for the CUV, but I'm almost positive it won't be racing again.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:34 AM
Registered

Ron, great write up as usual...Plenty of people watching from the beach(until the rain got reeel bad) and from jenks. I was at martells on the pier, which is a bit closer to the action. Relentless had a bunch of people there too, including the girl that kept politely moving so i could snap a pic or 2. Turns out i even knew the bartender, so it was a good day all around.
I missed kurts cuv too. that thing used to eat up the water off pt pleasant. Wild card seemed to rule the air yesterday, and Firewater ruled the water, that apache was moving. Were any other board members at martells at the pier?
One thing i noticed is that the race didnt seem to get a whole lot of publicity. Im a local, and if it werent for this board (or my interest in race boats) i wouldnt have known the race was going on. I stopped by my dad's house. He just retired as the chief of police in pt pleasant beach, and has a pretty good handle on the local goings on, and he had no idea that there was a race. There was a nice write up in todays asbury park press tho. http://www.app.com/app2001/story/0,21133,745437,00.html I'm not being overly critical, id just love to see more people at the races.

Good job by all. Great racing. Big water. Weather? maybe next time....Id post my pics, but the ones at NJ sports pics are much better.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:43 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Thanks, we actually had articles in the Press on Friday and Sat and now today. Also some of the local rags are printing my emails. Plus 100.1 had pre race ads and live race coverage.

In August when the race is sponsored by Jenks, you should here it advertised on WJLK.

For a small turn out, everyone had a great time.

Quick Reply: OPA Brick Race Results?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.