Notices

Cincy

Old 06-16-2003, 06:39 PM
merlin540

IT WAS A GOOD TIME AND I HOPE IT HAPPENS FOR NEXT YEAR.

Old 06-16-2003, 08:35 PM
Allan4

Ditto Merlin, I had a great time and I think that next year will be even better. It's great to see that everyone can be light hearted and enjoy themsleves even when the weather is really crappy. Nice job to everyone who showed up and supported the weekend events.

Take 'er sllllooowwwwwww......

Old 06-17-2003, 08:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been to a bunch of offshore races, but this one had a million dollar view of the action. I did'nt even notice...did it rain?

This event was first class. Thanks for bringing it to Cincinnati.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:51 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

First.Offshore...

Thanks for the comments. We are working harder to make the VIP area and viewing EVEN BETTER for next year - the Mayor assured they are working on putting in more ramps and an area for the crane for next year.

And you are not kidding about the rain - I think only 15 of the 12,000 + people were there headed for shelter. The rest were ready and waiting for the big boys to play in the third race!
Old 06-18-2003, 11:06 AM
Tom
Registered

Was there a batboat race? Did I miss the post about it?
Old 06-18-2003, 11:17 AM
Registered

Bat Boats were first race.

I always thought they would be bigger....They are tiny!!! Look like bath tub toys!!! Chris, would you be able to do some sort of 1/2 day school thing in the Bat Boats?

Tommy
Old 06-18-2003, 11:51 AM
Tom
Registered

Originally posted by HyperBaja
Bat Boats were first race.

I always thought they would be bigger....They are tiny!!! Look like bath tub toys!!! Chris, would you be able to do some sort of 1/2 day school thing in the Bat Boats?

Tommy
Batboats are really only 22ft 8inch from nose to transom. They call them 22s in Europe with outboatrds and no canopy. The tail makes it 24. Even next to a "regular" 24 like a Pantera the batboat is tiny. Sitting on the deck while docked your feet touch the water and when running it feels like you are in a go cart so close to the water. That is what makes them such a blast to drive and so amazing that they handle so well against boats that are so much bigger in more than just length.

So who won? What was average speed? What were the conditions? etc.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

The One Design GLSCS (Dash for the $25,000) was won by Treadwell Motorsports/Colby Family Chiropractic... 2nd Double Trouble and 3rd Medicine Man.

The One Design Pro Series was won by Mid American team of Ken Doyle and Norman Colby. Keep in mind Colby won both races, but in different boats, with different drivers, proving the boats were running dead even. 2nd was Premier Performance Interiors with World Champion John Harlan and 3rd was American Express.

The boat may be small, but one of my best times racing was beating a 42 Fountain with tripples in 7 foot waves in Oceac City, MD... Man was that guy pissed. I guess that is why the boat was soon outlawed in all but the One Design Class.

www.reindlpowerboats.com