OT What should I do (business Op) >

OT What should I do (business Op)

Notices

OT What should I do (business Op)

Old 06-06-2003, 07:00 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He is interested in your company because he sees that it has potential. That's cool. He is hoping that with his capital that he can stand to make a large amount of money. That's fair. Unfortinatly, he's not able to run the company and thus needs you. Cool. The problem is that you'll become an employee. The advantage is that you'll have a steady income plus benifits. The disadvantage is that the margin goes to the owner you'll have to shift from being your own boss to having somebody else control your company. There are pluses and minuses, but be sure you really look at them because you might not like the minuses.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

you will never F_U_C_K yourself, but someone will F_U_C_K you
Old 06-06-2003, 07:25 AM
Registered

Jon,

Lots of good ideas. Here is another. Consider him contracting your company to establish and then consult his AV division. He can also hire you as his exclusive installer. You may even work out a deal whereby if you "upsell" more equipment etc. you get a commission on it. I would remain solo for a while to ensure that you two will work well together. I think that if he has a manager run the store after they pay you to set it up, but they pay you to consult to them on an ongoing basis for systems, design etc., and use you as their "EXCLUSIVE" installation contractor it can be a win win win. You win by maintaining your indidviduality, he wins by having you as a consultant and installer, and the customer wins by having the best of both.

Be certain that you have an"exit clause" that is fair, equitable, and agreed upon and in writing prior to any business. This will ensure that if it is not good for either of you both of your interests are protected. Good luck.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:36 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Shane that was what I was trying to figure out last night. I am going to call up Chart this afternoon about the situation and see what his ideas are as this I think is right up his ally. If I can figure out something along the lines of what Shane is saying then I would be psyched.

Jon
Old 06-06-2003, 07:38 AM
Registered

Jon,

You have my numbers. I am on a conference call from 9-10 and will be here till noon. Then to lunch, back by 1 and here till 3. Then on the road to Skaterfest. Call me at the office or on the cell if you think I might be able to help.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:39 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: OT What should I do (business Op)

Keep at it, and here is the answer posted by a wise man.
Originally posted by Audiofn
...that is finally starting to take off and make me some money...
Rules of business:
1. No Partners
2. No employees (or the least possible) contract everything
Old 06-06-2003, 07:40 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by Shane
...I am on a conference call from 9-10 and will be here till noon. Then to lunch, back by 1 and here till 3. Then on the road to Skaterfest...
Shane don't hurt your back with that schedule, five hard hours!
Old 06-06-2003, 08:35 AM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Jon,

After you do this deal, why don't you invite your in-laws to move in with you and then have cousin Eddie take up space in your driveway with his RV, and then maybe you could do a running belly flop into a briar patch follwed by a nice cool alcohol bath...

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 06-06-2003, 09:34 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Shane's got a good idea, that might just be doable. I'm not fond of you becoming an employee. I just don't think it'll work.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:57 AM
Registered

Originally posted by GLH
Shane don't hurt your back with that schedule, five hard hours!
Oh NOT to worry my Canadian friend. I will certainly be sleeping during those meetings! Remeber, tehy said that they wanted me to attend, they said nothing about paying attention.

Quick Reply: OT What should I do (business Op)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.