Notices

IMCO on 22' Velcity?

Old 06-15-2003, 09:45 PM
Mad Hatter

Default Re: 22 Velocity

Originally posted by Steve Miklos

At 90 MPH now If you do the 2" shorty I would expect 4-5 MPH. If your X is below 17.5 " I would buy an IMCO with the 3" shorty and 2" longer skeg.
I feel the best X dimension is 20.5 -21 if you run the long skeg and 5 blade the boat feels real big.
Do you still run a shorty lower?

Old 06-16-2003, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Steve, I hope you know your really messing with my head!! With the baby and everything else I haven't had a chance to start on my 22, but NOW I have to!!! I was planning on taking it off the trailer this evening!!

Does my boat have shingel's??? or a wedgie'??? What is my X cut at??

Man that sounds real bad!!!!
Old 06-19-2003, 11:40 PM
Mad Hatter

boner springs huh?

Steve: Lightweight engine?

Old 06-20-2003, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, it's Bonner Springs but all the Rock concerts that come to town do call it "Boner Springs" (We have a outside amphitheater here)

Lightweight engine - Steve has told me this before... He said to go with a small block to keep it light... But, I'm with you, I'd rather have a big block for the shear power.... But, then again these guy's (Steve & Gary) have forgot more about setting up a Boat, than I will ever know!!!

F.Y.I. I did finally get the Velocity off the trailer and set onto blocks the other night!!!!!
Old 06-22-2003, 09:16 AM
Mad Hatter

I lost to a 38 top gun twin step yesturday cause I couldn't keep the nose down. I had to run heavy tab, it slowed me way down. Pissed me off I couldn't catch him.

Old 06-22-2003, 12:35 PM
Mad Hatter

So how the hell do I move the CG? The pulleys are sticking through the board already, so I really can't move the motor forward, I'm kissing the steering wheel so I can't move my seats forwards. Add a balast tank?

Old 06-22-2003, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am also trying to figure out how to control my 22' velocity. Once I start to really get into her the bow wants to really come up and then it starts to bounce. It only does this on really calm water If there is any sort of chop, the boat sits right back and goes. I am currently running a pitch bravo lab finished. I am thinking of giving a or mirage a try to see if it will hold the front of the boat up. Any ideas on this?
Old 06-24-2003, 10:32 AM
Mad Hatter

Originally posted by MAX VELOCITY
I am currently running a pitch bravo lab finished. I am thinking of giving a or mirage a try to see if it will hold the front of the boat up. Any ideas on this?
I am currently running a hydromotive 28, I was using a non labbed 30 pitch bravo of my dad's. I noticed a very opposite characteristics. I like the bravo better in the calm to light chop, but in the rough stuff 3 to 4 the bravo sucked. I couldn't keep the bow down without tucking the drive all the way down and running lots of tab. Where my Hydro in the rough stuff I keep the tabs about even with the drive (on the indicator) and the thing lays flat as can be at crusing speeds.

What exactly is the dif between the bravo and the mirage?

Old 06-24-2003, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently am running a 26pitch labbed bravo. This prop works great when there is some chop. On the calm stuff, the boat really wants to bounce. I can run tabs to get rid of the bounce, but I lose about 4-5 mph. From what I understand, the mirage might help lift the front more and keep the boat back on its pad.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:25 PM
Mad Hatter

What kind of power are you running MaxV? @ what sppeds are you getting nose bob?

See I'm trying to get more tail lift and more down pressure on the bow. My nose gets all flighty when I'm in the rougher stuff. Not quite sure how to do it yet. I'm not sure if a battery could handle being up towards the bow?

Quick Reply: IMCO on 22' Velcity?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.