Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO gathering at Hardy Dam, Big Rapids, MI....Wette Vette & I wanna know!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/52070-oso-gathering-hardy-dam-big-rapids-mi-wette-vette-i-wanna-know.html)

Waterfoul 06-10-2003 05:02 PM

OSO gathering at Hardy Dam, Big Rapids, MI....Wette Vette & I wanna know!!!

Saturday, June 21st. The best ramp is at Brower Park on the North west side of the lake. Easy to get to from the US 131 Freeway. The Hot Boat guys with their egg beater boats have their weekend, how about an OSO weekend?? This is a good place to meet up, hang out, hang em out, and have a good time. Deep ramp, and a deep water lake that never gets too rough. Good beach to run to and party/tie up with each other.

So far it's me with the 'Foul, Wette Vette and his 98 mph Baja, several of his buddies with Checkmates, and perhaps Whitey and his 32 Challenger. Who else???

Last year Midnight Rider managed to launch his 42 Fountain at this ramp, so I'm pretty sure it will handle just about anything you can bring up there.

If you wanna come, and need directions, let me know on this thread and I'll post em for you!!

'Foul

WETTE VETTE 06-10-2003 05:36 PM

Our group will have 2 Bajas (mine included), 1 22 Velocity, 2 Checkmates (1 Blown 90MPH:D). It would definately be cool to get some more OSOers together. :cool:

traviss 06-10-2003 05:47 PM

It sounds entertaining, I'll have to throw it around. kinda somethin planned up north that weekend.

Where would my boat fit in.. in the high HP slow boat class :mad: god I can't make this thing scream!!!!

eliminator219 06-10-2003 05:48 PM

Hardy Dam get together..

Foul and Vette
Had a great time there last year and wish I could join you.However,that is the same week-end that they are having the poker run starting at pastrick marine in East Chicago.
Hope you guys have a great week-end and maybe another time!!

eliminator219

Dredgeking 06-10-2003 07:15 PM

i'd kill to be able to join you guys. i miss MI reall bad right now. been stuck in TX too long without a break

Waterfoul 06-10-2003 07:31 PM

Come on up DK. Perhaps you can camp with Wette Vette and his crew?

I have plans later that night and all day Sunday with a buddy. His parent's have a place not far away on a different lake. Going there Sat. night and fishing and tubing on Sunday. If I didn't have these plans, I'd say come on up and stay with me.

WETTE VETTE 06-10-2003 07:46 PM

Don't worry Travis you will be able to stomp all over the WETTE VETTE all weekend since my more sensible wife is likely to be riding shotgun with me.:p If you stomp to hard I will drop her off and do a little stomping myself.:D I know 3 of the boats in our group run less than 70 MPH. Hey who cares how fast you go we are all just there to have a good time. I would love to check out your ride and maybe we can find a few more MPH.;)

Eliminator219,
How are the new drives? Have a great poker run and be safe. A buddy of mine just got a 28 Daytona with twin 500 EFI's. He loves it and says it runs 95 all day long with no headaches. He will be coming up sometime this summer and we will venture out on the big lake. I will be sure to let you know.:cool: I still want that ride!!!

Waterfoul 06-10-2003 07:57 PM

Come on over Travis!! Your boat is faster than mine so don't worry!!!

Dredgeking 06-10-2003 09:13 PM

foul, wish i could, but the baby is getting close. just a couple more months. really limits the travel we can do.

enjoy the hell out of it for me. say hey to the FSU girls for me.

Tinkerer 06-10-2003 09:59 PM

I will do my best to be there. The boat should be done by then. HOPEFULLY

KAAMA 06-10-2003 10:33 PM

I'd like to go, but I can't make it---just bought a house and started moving today. Besides, I still need to hang the drives back on my hog and install the rebuilt starter on my port engine. I should be running either the last weekend in June or by 4th of July weekend. :)

eliminator219 06-11-2003 12:30 AM

Hardy Run

Craig
Have not run the boat yet this year , Maybe this week-end. B-Max does not make polished lowers on their drives. I wanted them polished so after 17 hours of sanding and polishing I have polished lowers!!Still have to put my new GPS speedpmeter in and clean the thing up and I should be ready to splash..
You know you always have a ride with me any time u want, look foreward to when you and your friend with the Daytona come to the big pudle, Be sure to let me know..:D :D :D
Have a great time at Hardy!!
eliminator 219

neu-rich 06-11-2003 07:50 AM

Damn, You Foul.... Thats Bay City River Roar Weekend..... Sorry I'm Going To Sit At Hooters All Day And Get Drunk Watch The Girls, And The Boats Race.........

Jeff

MAX VELOCITY 06-11-2003 10:23 AM

I will be bringing my Velocity up with Wette Vette and the rest of the crew. It should be a fun weekend.
I only wish I could have gotten my new motor done by now.

OG Outlaw 24 06-11-2003 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I will try to make it. I've only had the chance to run the outlaw once this season (300 acre Lake:rolleyes: ) no fun:D Hope to put some faces with names. I would like to get some time to prop before the 21st.

OG:cool:
F2-21 AR O-Town Donzi
Head of Security

Waterfoul 06-11-2003 06:43 PM

So......who else????? Redstripe?? Gofastboater (you can ride with me and Ryan if you want!), SuperV, Dyno, Crazyhorse (we'll get that hog in the puddle Dave!!), Midnight,

Maybe we can make this an annual event.

'Foul

Scooter 06-11-2003 07:10 PM

still up to no good mike! you have to work more like me, i feel bad that you don't. lol

Waterfoul 06-11-2003 07:13 PM

Hey Scott!! Make the lake on your route that day and I promise no broken belts!!!

Scooter 06-11-2003 07:29 PM

you sure, or do you have spares
lol we will see what happens wife leaves for Chicago on the 22

Whitey 06-11-2003 10:01 PM

If the weather is good we will be there!!

Whitey 06-11-2003 10:05 PM

Hey OG where do you boat? We spend most our time on the west side of the state. Dwight

OG Outlaw 24 06-12-2003 12:02 PM

Whitey,

During the week I usually grab some chick(s) and go to Gull. On the weekend it's usually Grand Haven/Spring Lake, I'm gonna try to go to St. Clair more this year, get's pretty crazy.

OG:cool:

velocity260 06-12-2003 01:12 PM

ARe you sure thats all you want hmmy to do to the FSU girls Dredgeking? :) You know FSU girls

fred 06-12-2003 01:14 PM

Whitey...OG Outlaw...if either of you are ever around Muskegon I'm usually at Great Lakes Marina (the marina behind the old Milwakee Clipper ferry boat) every weekend in the summer....I work in Lansing and live in Charlotte....look me up at the above marina on dock E....boat name is "Surface Grinder"......Fred

traviss 06-12-2003 01:18 PM

Hmm foul and vette... you almost have me convinced :crazy: So far I think I am planning on coming for the day. Just cross your fingers that the boat will still be running that weekend :o

I'll have my new "black magic" prop for that weekend too :D :D

fred 06-12-2003 01:28 PM

How you doing Traviss?...had that boat out?....what kinds of speeds have you squeezed out of it?....Fred

traviss 06-12-2003 02:04 PM

Hi ya fred :) I am doing just fine.. Have put about 6 hrs on the boat so far. Had a few little problems that I have fixed. I haven't got it on GPS yet, Having a prop worked on and i'll have it later next week. I would guess I am about 5-6 miles faster then last year.. dad picked on me last weekend and I went by him pretty good, with the last motor I was about 2-3 mph slower then him. Hopefully I'll be running mid to upper 70's with this motor and prop.

How is your boat doing? When ya gonna let us convince you that a couple sterling 1200's will make your boat fly :D

Travis

Whitey 06-12-2003 05:28 PM

Hi Fred
I know I will be over to Muskegon sometime soon just do not know when. Are you keeping your boat there? I remeber you used to trailer your old boat. That was quite a bit smaller..
OG, I will keep an eye out for you around town or in GH.
Dwight

Whitey 06-12-2003 05:40 PM

Hey Traviss,
Hope you can make Hardy. I have been thinking about my next engines and it sounds like you have a good running one. Later Dwight

traviss 06-12-2003 06:27 PM

I'll even give ya a ride whitey :D :D Just bring your life jacket cause its not the smoothest and safest ride :eek:

boathead 06-12-2003 07:41 PM

No Wake North of Browers Park

Hey Boys and Girls,

Don't forget starting this year it's supposedly [U]NO WAKE[U] upriver from Brower Park, this is why I don't go to the pond any longer, and it's in my backyard!!!!! I've launched the Avenger at Browers on numerous occasions it's a great ramp, better than most on the big lake........

Have Fun,
Paul

powerqrudy 06-12-2003 08:31 PM

that was the best waterskiing .....you know between the 131 Bridge and Brower It was great...just some junk in the water..OH well

Jgray 06-12-2003 09:06 PM

NO WAKE B.S.!!

I think that the no wake north of Brower didn't fly or they have yet to enforce it. We were there two weekends ago and it was the same as last year. What I heard they wanted to do was make it no wake from brower north up to the old Parker's, they built a new campground/marina with gas/booze now, it would be no wake from like 7:00pm to 11:00am. As I said it has not happened yet. Have fun, we'll be at Higgins, if we're able to leave on Thursday to beat everyone to the ramp. Jay

Whitey 06-12-2003 10:28 PM

I was there last weekend and it was the same as last year. That would be a huge no wake area if it goes through. What I had heard is ,they were looking at from the Davis bridge(old Parkers), to up river. Dwight

Whitey 06-12-2003 10:30 PM

Hey Traviss I would look forward to a ride, I bet it is not as rough as the my old glastron. Dwight

fred 06-13-2003 05:38 AM

Dwight, I'm rack storing my boat this season at Great Lakes Marina....stop and say hi if you get in that area....Fred

Waterfoul 06-13-2003 07:11 PM

Originally posted by Whitey
Hey Traviss I would look forward to a ride, I bet it is not as rough as the my old glastron. Dwight
Don't you mean Tinkerboater's old Glastron?? :D :D

traviss 06-13-2003 07:50 PM

sup boys :D I am sitting up north here and I was just told that next saturday is the 21st :eek: I thought I had 2 weeks before hardy :eek: damn gotta get my ass in gear. Glad i drove my truck up this weekend, I gotta pull the boat home on sunday :D Cause were gonna tear up hardy next sat. :cool: Hopefully my prop comes in on friday so I will have it. The 21st snuck up on me :mad: I'll be ready though :D

Can someone describe hardy to me..? sandy? rocky? deep, shallow ??? stumps? Thanks

Foul.... I will email you later sunday night, I need to ask you a few things bro. I am gonna go now, chat with you guys in a few days.. My aunt gets pissed when I just come down to use her puter and not to see her :rolleyes:

Travis

Waterfoul 06-14-2003 01:26 AM

Or, give me a call Travis. 616-540-1224

Whitey 06-14-2003 06:09 AM

Foul,
Well when I owned it, it was my Glastron. Steves Glastron was much faster..lol Like him, I miss that little boat. Kinda like that first girlfriend.
Hey Traviss I have a 3 blade 27 you can try if you want.
Fred,
I wll look you up sometime, I will email when we come over some time this summer.
Dwight