Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Catalina Ski Race........who's going, and when? >

Catalina Ski Race........who's going, and when?

Notices

Catalina Ski Race........who's going, and when?

Old 06-18-2003, 09:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Tom,

Call me and we can hook up. I contacted you a few months ago about going out with both of our boats.
Im interested in seeing how that Batboat works!
Kevin 805-581-4700
Old 06-18-2003, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Tom
I'd like to bring the batboat if somebody can tell me the schedule, where to launch, where to stay, who is going to be my navigator, etc.

YOu could launch at the ramp near the Queen Mary, but it might be too crowded. Perhaps Newport and run up from there? Lots of places to stay in Newport area, and probably quite a few boats heading up from there.

There might be more info on www.CatalinaSkiRace.com
Old 06-18-2003, 10:55 AM
Registered

Planing on going over to Catalina from Dana Point in the morning for the best Breakfast burrito's on the dock and them hanging around to watch the turn. Hope the suns out.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:45 PM
DEVIL MAN

Burt...Sure I remember Chuck Stearns...the Babe Ruth of offshore speed skiing...I think he won the overall title something like 11 times...that was back in the day when they used regual ski boats and not 39 foot monsters with thousands of horses. He was an amazing athlete making his practice runs in the middle of the night!!!!

Phantom...no age jokes please...you know how I am about birthdays!!!!

As for the record in our class??? It must be around 54 minutes so that is not a goal...that is moving!!! It would have to be like glass to attain that record. June gloom is ok as long as there is no fog!!!!!

Phil is old for a skier...the DMan is young for a driver!!!

DMan

Old 06-19-2003, 03:48 PM
Registered

Smile

DMAN, there are a lot of senior gentlemen who perform well in the Catalina against the kids, Chuck was the best, but your skier Phil is still a threat, Lee Squires, Marty Wells, and others. Chuck and I were both in our 50's when he won his last overall...
Old 06-19-2003, 04:57 PM
SoCalOffshore

Hey Steamin, glad to see a familair avatar, lol. Boat should be done next weekend and will be taking it to Nacimiento for the fouth of July.

Old 06-19-2003, 05:06 PM
Registered

Hey SoCalOffshore! Welcome to the board!
Old 06-19-2003, 05:07 PM
Registered

SoCal Offshore, Congrats on almost getting the boat......Make sure you get that new Schiada out for some runs in the big blue now and then...

Good luck Dman and Turbo
Old 06-19-2003, 11:28 PM
SoCalOffshore

Thanks and I will for sure. Gotta fill out that SCOPE app in the next week. But, I don't think I am worthy untill I figure out the dam avatars, lol

Old 06-19-2003, 11:46 PM
Registered

Originally posted by SoCalOffshore
Thanks and I will for sure. Gotta fill out that SCOPE app in the next week. But, I don't think I am worthy untill I figure out the dam avatars, lol

Yeah!!! You better do that! I fix you a damn avatar.........just get that boat, then get together with the left coast gang! Looking forward to meeting with you. I live just down the road (in LA terms) from you.

Quick Reply: Catalina Ski Race........who's going, and when?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.