Notices

SBI in Marathon

Old 06-16-2003, 06:51 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is Syeve David racing for Fountain again this year? I know he's been working a lot with his new Unlimited Hydroplane
Old 06-16-2003, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was there and Puder's right, NOT GOOD. How long can this thing they call SBI continue?
Old 06-16-2003, 07:05 AM
Registered

Can you help out someone hwo is trying to learn about this. I've been watching the APBA races on TV and love it. I like watching the big water races like Cape Cod last year. Just glad I'm not in the boat with my back...

What is SBI racing?

Are there other offshore events?

East coast, west coast?

Thanks
Old 06-16-2003, 08:13 AM
GOT MERC?

Cool

Had a nice relaxing weekend in Marathon. The best race to watch was Super V.
Maybe it should be called SVI(Super Vee International) Instead of SBI?
Old 06-16-2003, 08:25 AM
RaceLover

Every time there is a problem Carbonells famous saying is "You don't have to race here if you don't want too". I guess everyone took it to heart this year. He showed his true colors in New York last year. Now apparently he even lost the guy that started all the trouble bu cheating,Doug kelly. Bad moral decision, even worse business decision!! Loose 5 boats to protect 1 cheater!! I don't get it!!

Old 06-16-2003, 08:26 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,737 Likes on 3,794 Posts

It was relaxing, no pressure to see all the boats. as for the race,
super vee was a good race, a little excitment as Shockwave spun on the first lap battling instigator. but recovered. dont know what happened to vixen though.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:38 AM
Registered

Question

Originally posted by groove
Can you help out someone hwo is trying to learn about this. I've been watching the APBA races on TV and love it. I like watching the big water races like Cape Cod last year. Just glad I'm not in the boat with my back...

What is SBI racing?

Are there other offshore events?

East coast, west coast?

Thanks
Hey Groove...

SBI is another sanctioning body for offshore racing. They also have a schedule for the year. The problem with SBI is that they just dont seem to draw a large number of boats to their venues. There are many reasons which I dont want to discuss on this thread. For more info on SBI go to their web site.

http://www.superboat.com/index.html

Regards
Old 06-16-2003, 08:40 AM
Registered

Groove, The are 2 national Programs
APBA and SBI the are also regional clubs that put on races in the Northeast, Midwest, South East and West. Check the milling area for info. there are also links on most of the sites to the regional races.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Pete B,Vixen was there but didnt race.I run into a small medical problem in Frt Myers that was no problem at the time and wrote it off as to many hours,to much coffie and forgot about it.Well lets say that was a bad idea.When we took our physicals it had gotten a lot worse and everyone agreed I best not race.Everyone taulks about how loose the rules are in SBI,but I can tell you thier not loose on the medicales.I do want to say THANK YOU SBI. Were going to put everything on hold for now and hope I can get this fixed before the nationals in oct. MEL TEAM VIXEN
Old 06-16-2003, 09:17 AM
Registered

Mel...
sorry to hear that. I hope that everything turns out ok.

Quick Reply: SBI in Marathon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.