Congrats to the KINGS of the Hudson Extreme Exhibit & JusTruckin >

Congrats to the KINGS of the Hudson Extreme Exhibit & JusTruckin

Notices

Congrats to the KINGS of the Hudson Extreme Exhibit & JusTruckin

Old 06-17-2003, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?

Finishing fifth is King? If the thing won't run how is it the fastest?
Old 06-17-2003, 10:03 AM
Registered

kenp,its king of the vees and caTS TWO DIFFRENT CATEGAORIES,I DON'T KNOW what you refering to about not running?
Old 06-17-2003, 10:07 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I guess this particular poker run is new to most of you. Each year this poker run turns in to a 16 mile drag race from the George Washington Bridge to the Tappen Zee bridge. There are two winners of the drag race. One in the Cat class and one in the V bottom class.

First Cat and first V to go under the Tappan Zee wins the honor of begin called King of the Hudson.

Yes, there are two Kings. Maybe that's the confusion.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:16 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Gotta love those good ole' fashioned "run whatcha brung" races. Too bad Mark House had some gremlins in the Skater. I have been in that boat, and it is ALL business. I think he would have been up there.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:43 AM
lightningmike

I agree there are two kings, V's and Cats. It is amazing the hardware that shows up. Especially the big powered Outer Limits! But is does seem a number of them break down thru out the run....but the are extremely fast when running.

I throttle for Bob Leach in the 36 Eliminator, and we never thought we would finish any better then the top 25. We were only running stock HP500EFI's, we were 10th to the bridge, but actually 8th to the first card stop, then finished 7th overall to Liberty Marina. Again......little old stock horsepower....most of the top 6 other boats out powered us by 1,000hp, with the 6th place boat being the Pro-Roc spectre having 360HP on us....we felt pretty good to do as well as we did with all the big players out there! When I say finished 7th, all 5 boats were within 200 yards of us, with exception to the 50 Nortech w/ Quads...wow!

We will definitely be back next year with big power...probably not quite enough to be King, but move up a few slots!

Bring what you got...may the best man/boat win!

Old 06-17-2003, 10:57 AM
Registered

when you run alot of horsepower you have that problem.Don't know why i do it,but its a blast. the cat and vee thing will always be there. congrats in your finish lightningmike
Old 06-17-2003, 11:02 AM
Registered

Hey Mike,

It was great to meet you at Liberty Landing. Hopefully we can do more business together in the future.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:05 AM
Registered

I'm calling out DJD!

Outer42 needs a driver for the Barnegat Bay Poker Run - I think you need to get a hall pass and get your butt in that driver's seat for the day.

Even the partymaster himself BILLY FRENZ is attending the Poker Run in his boat!
Old 06-17-2003, 11:13 AM
lightningmike

OL42, I totally understand, no disrespect to the guys who brake. It happens to all of us, even guys with the little power. I have raced on the circuit and know how it feels to brake..it sucks!

Gotta pay to play...and sometimes luck is not on our sides no matter what we spend to be prepared!

Hey Typhoon, good to meet you too, look forward to future dealings! Nice Nortech by the way....they are bad! I know Tron, he is only 1.5 hours south of my shop. We mostly on see his V's in this area for some reason.

Old 06-17-2003, 11:13 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Ron P
I guess this particular poker run is new to most of you. Each year this poker run turns in to a 16 mile drag race from the George Washington Bridge to the Tappen Zee bridge. There are two winners of the drag race. One in the Cat class and one in the V bottom class.

First Cat and first V to go under the Tappan Zee wins the honor of begin called King of the Hudson.

Yes, there are two Kings. Maybe that's the confusion.
This is not what poker runs should be about!! In my opinion it also violates the 10 commandments of the NJPPC and the NJPPC should not promote this. In my opinion the NYC poker run does a lot to destroy what the NJPPC is trying to fight in NJ, mainly the bad rap that high performance boaters get. I can't even begin to count how many times I've either seen videos or pics in magazines that showed passengers riding on the rear deck or standing on the deck holding onto the radar arch.
You guys need to understand you can't have it both ways. If you're going to fight for our high performance rights you need to distance yourself from this sort of activity otherwise risk losing credibility. With the moon tides and all the crap that naturally floats down the Hudson this is definitely a tradegy waiting to happen.

BTW, How many resuce helicopters did the poker run have?

Just my .02

Quick Reply: Congrats to the KINGS of the Hudson Extreme Exhibit & JusTruckin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.