Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Any reports on Cincy Race (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/52394-any-reports-cincy-race.html)

ScottB 06-15-2003 05:14 PM

Any reports on Cincy Race

Results, #of boats etc. I sounded like a great time.

Amy 06-15-2003 05:54 PM

It poured rain here all day with a flash flood warning in effect till Monday morning. No idea about the race or if it even went off. Another rainy day in Cincy.

birdog 06-15-2003 06:55 PM

Well...They pulled it Off !!!! despite rain & the river rising they got
it in......The local boys did good !!
Alan4 & Bajaboat smoked them in P-5 !!
Merlin 540 & the "Agitator" put on a hell of a show & won his class also.......

Despite the crappy weather,It was a great time !!!
hats of to the Reindl crew & all the others who made this happen !

Thanks to all the racers who came...We promise better weather
next time !!!

HyperBaja 06-15-2003 07:08 PM

A4 didnt do anything stupid in the race that we can make fun of, but he did saw it would be 82 and sunny, when it was rainy.

Got lots of pics...the restaurant was going to float away...so they held the docks up by hand...

Lots of fun, Treadwell, were you there?

Tommy

Allan4 06-15-2003 10:47 PM

A little damp, a little cloudy, a little muddy.....but it still drew an excellent crowd. The GLSCS guys said the event drew a bigger crowd than the Marathon race!!!! Outstanding for a first time event. Great job to the Town of New Richmond, OH, great hosts!

1st race, great turnout. 42 boats and a whole hell of alot of race fans. EXCELLENT job to Chris Reindl and Terrah and Rob. You guys were thrown some major curve balls with the weather and all worked out well. 42 BOATS AT THE FIRST RACE!!!!!

We ran the ole' mule 24 Outlaw Hilsinger Motorsports P5-48 in and won our first race, had a great race with Short Circuit, nice guys, as were all of the people we met this weekend. Congrats to Merlin 540, good weekend buddy......not bad for a couple of local yocals.....HeHeHe......

HUGE thanks to BAJABOAT and MATT!!!! YOU GUYS ARE OUTSTANDING!! Not only great crew, but great guys. Very proud to have you on my team anytime. Todd, your girlfriend and sister were great as well, as was your mom (that sounds pretty bad!). Ofcourse, thanks to Ittlfli and his brother Brandon, YOu guys are always a big help all the time. As well for kbt74. Special thanks to some of the folks who helped us throw the thing together.....Sign4boat, XS Performance Marine, Detailed Athletic Wear, Lifeline, Simpson, La-z-boy and Supplements to go.com. Glad we could bring home the checkered for ya!!

Also, huge thanks to Merlin 540 and ENORMOUS thanks to Birddog (I won one for ya big guy!!) and Mr. Cole!! I forget you daggone name on OSO, but you are a great guy who helped me out a bunch today....HUGE!! THANK YOU!!!!

Also thanks to Mr Offshore for giving me some pointers, leading me to talk to the right people about equipment and buying me that beer he owed me!!

Okay.....I know, I sound like I just won an Oscar or something, but, as I have said before......just damn glad to be here;)

Congrats to all the winners this weekend....Later, be safe

A4:)

Allan4 06-15-2003 10:50 PM

BTW......Hyper, ya little moped head catapiller liped geek......the weather report for Sunday when I left my house in Sat morn was 82* and Sunny......Yell at the weather chick, not me. I just work here....:D

Glad you could make it down,

SEEEEEEEYAYYAAYAYAYAAYAYAYAYAYAYYAAAAAA

CigBoat 06-16-2003 06:24 AM

As Allan said thanks very much to everyone who helped us put this together!
Thanks to the Chris and Terra for putting together a great event!
We had a great time and were glad to be a part of it!
Thanks
Todd

Kentz 06-16-2003 06:32 AM

I want to thank, Chris, Terrah, Rob, et all, for a great time. The weather threw some serious curve balls, but it was a great time!. I hope the racers enjoyed it and will come back to make this an annual event:D

Congrats, Alan4, you drove the s#@t out of your boat:eek: , it gave new meaning to "when in doubt, trim it out!:eek: I don't know who got more air, you or "psunami", but he backed out of the throttles;)

C_Spray 06-16-2003 06:48 AM

Sorry I didn't get to spend more time meeting everyone and visiting, but I had my folks with me (Fathers Day!), and we were on the river from 10:00 AM - 3:30 PM as a patrol boat on Sunday, then had to leave right away for a plane...

Special thanks to all the crew who worked so hard to put this event on, and to Reindl Powerboats for the free hotel room and other perks.

Anyway, here's what I remember:

Supercat Lite: Pace Motorsports #31
P5: Allan4 (natch)
F2: Formula "Sika"
F1: Warlock (Forgot the name/number, but he was GONE)
P1: Agitator (Probable winner of the "Loudest Boat" award as well...)

LOTS of boats there.

Rick252 06-16-2003 09:03 AM

Merlin 540, Allan4

Congradulations. You all looked great out there. Got some good video. It was a good time dispite the weather. Glad I was able to meet you, Itllfli, Pantera, 26Scarab, and others
I hope this becomes a regular event

PS Next year I'm going to run in P-5 1/2 class. You know.. The boats that can't keep up with the pace boats :cool:

HyperBaja 06-16-2003 09:57 AM

Originally posted by C_Spray

P1: Agitator (Probable winner of the "Loudest Boat" award as well...)

LOTS of boats there.

I would bet that Traffic Light was louder.

HyperBaja 06-16-2003 09:57 AM

Originally posted by Allan4
BTW......Hyper, ya little moped head catapiller liped geek......the weather report for Sunday when I left my house in Sat morn was 82* and Sunny......Yell at the weather chick, not me. I just work here....:D

Glad you could make it down,

SEEEEEEEYAYYAAYAYAYAAYAYAYAYAYAYYAAAAAA

He wins a race and now is a celebrity...

You coming up next weekend for fireworks?

edit: next year, are there going to be docks instead of gas cans to get to the docks? ;) :D

salesmanship 06-16-2003 09:58 AM

By the way, SC Lite is Page Motorsports and a Nor-Tech.
Sorry but gotta plug em when I can. Way ta go Steve!
Terry

Rookie 06-16-2003 10:03 AM

F-1: Team BRE (Warlock)
F-2: Twisted Styx (F-2 Formula broke or ran out of gas at the end)
Super Cat Lite Outboard: Cat Can Do (HAULIN' the mail all race)
A-Class: Anythings Possible (only one to finish by own power)
P-1: Agitator
P-3: Traffic Light (GOOD run)

Kentz 06-16-2003 10:04 AM

I thought F2 was twisted chyx? didn't the formula have a gas problem?

Rookie 06-16-2003 10:07 AM

F-1 use to have Twisted Chyx
F-2 is Styx, She throttles the F-2 now
I think the gas problem was to much might have been removed for the shortened race. They were really flying at the start of the race. (F2- Lets Play)

panteraman28 06-16-2003 10:28 AM

I was great meeting all the people that I met that are on this site that attended the race. Congrats to all the winners , but my hat goes off to Merlin 540, not only the fastest kilo run in the american offshore, but to the great job he did bringing the skater back to life, and winning P1, great time!!!!!

audacity 06-16-2003 11:31 AM

O-****,,,no way???...tell me they didn't run out of gas???

Treadwellmotorsports 06-16-2003 11:55 AM

yup they did a skrocki.

Treadwell

audacity 06-16-2003 12:18 PM

o-damn...and they gave us a rash of **** too!

Allan4 06-16-2003 01:00 PM

Yup, that Full Tilt F-1 was a rocket. They put the smack down hard. Do the Short Circuit guys hang out on OSO at all?

C-Spray....we'll shoot the bull more nest time, I had my hands full as well. Great to meet you though....and also Rick 252. Fun meeting other OSO'ers.

Great weekend, thanks again to everyone and thanks to all the racers who showed up. Nothing like running 1/3 of the race in a down pour!!!!!

Thanks Kentz,

:D :D

BTW....Bajaboat was my Navagator and he did an excellent job during the race and for the last few weeks helping me. Matt was our "misc help" dude.;)

merlin540 06-16-2003 01:09 PM

i had a great time and i hope to see you guys in metro in 2 weeks

P1-32 AGITATOR OFFSHORE RACING :D

tssteph 06-16-2003 01:16 PM

Anyone know how the Team Douglas boat did? He is a local guy that just got the boat, third time sitting in the seat. Someone told me second in his class but then followed it up by there was only two boats.... Your not supposed to tell that part.

Thanks

Allan4 06-16-2003 01:28 PM

Originally posted by merlin540
i had a great time and i hope to see you guys in metro in 2 weeks

P1-32 AGITATOR OFFSHORE RACING :D

That's got a nice little ring to it........:D :D

Douglas finished second to Merlin and the Agitator. They put on a strong showing. The locals did well this weekend, I've always said we have a good high perf scene here in Cincy. I guess I was right;)

Good job Charlie, thanks for some good advice the last few weeks;)

Allan

Rick252 06-16-2003 01:33 PM

Merlin 540 Fan Club

1 Attachment(s)
pic

Rick252 06-16-2003 01:37 PM

This guy....

1 Attachment(s)
was trying to get to the bar at Hooters

abuffom 06-16-2003 01:40 PM

F1-44

Correction...F1-44 won the Race (not 14).

Team BRE was clocked at 86.3 mph on the radar gun. Full results for F1 were:

F1-44 Team BRE
F1-46 Radioactive
F1-07 Mutual Fun
F1-14 Full Tilt
F1-16 V1 Rotate (DNS)

Rick252 06-16-2003 01:41 PM

Cincinnati weather forecast for the races

1 Attachment(s)
Sunny and 82

Rick252 06-16-2003 01:46 PM

If we stay hidden here....

1 Attachment(s)
maybe Allan4 won't see us :rolleyes:

Rick252 06-16-2003 01:54 PM

Originally posted by tssteph
Anyone know how the Team Douglas boat did? He is a local guy that just got the boat, third time sitting in the seat. Someone told me second in his class but then followed it up by there was only two boats.... Your not supposed to tell that part.

Thanks

Don't know the facts but he looked to be running real good. That was a beautiful boat Where's he from?

26scarab 06-16-2003 02:05 PM

Team Hyperactive gives a HUGE shout out to Merlin540,his wife (thanks for the food!),Kevin and Merlins boys (don't touch the bike :D ) and whoever stocks the Fridge .
Without them Wally and Lee wouldn't have brought home the checkered flag in P4.
We survived flash floods ,downed power lines and downpours on the way to Merlins house so he could rebuild the trashed outdrive at 11:00 at night.
Merlin look up www.jobbienooner.com , that party is going on Friday. Show Kevin that site , then he might be able to talk you into getting here early on Friday.
I had a great time , and got to meet a lot of really great people.
By the way I was the moron in the red Dodge trying to pull Full Tilt out of the mud Satuday
:D

bouyhunter 06-16-2003 06:07 PM

Incredible Race!!!

Mrs. Bouyhunter and I had an absolute wonderful time at the race yesterday. Chris and Terrah did a hell of a job putting this thing together, the weather wasn't the greatest, but I'm glad the coast gaurd let the third race run.
We met some great people there and saw some incredible racing.
Even though at one point the VIP tent and docks were sinking, - that got taken care of right away. HAHA
The whole town of New Richmond came out for the event. There was quite a showing. It was also nice to see they had plenty on shore for non-die hard - race fans to enjoy.

A very Class operation.

Chris Reindl did a helluva show, and he was working hard to keep it going (despite and afternoon) shower...
Chris - I hope I was of help.
I'll try to post some pics.

Great job everyone, and thanks to all the racers for showing up.

Bouy

bouyhunter 06-16-2003 06:16 PM

Batboats in the pits

1 Attachment(s)
In the Pits

bouyhunter 06-16-2003 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Getting ready!!

bouyhunter 06-16-2003 06:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
short circuit

bouyhunter 06-16-2003 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cat-Can-Do

bouyhunter 06-16-2003 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cat-Can-Do gauges - this says it all!

bouyhunter 06-16-2003 06:49 PM

That last one was hard to see - the gauges are brains and balls - balls is pegged, - brains is dead... - I loved it...

bouyhunter 06-16-2003 06:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Me and Mrs. Bouyhunter - Thanks Brian and Karen for letting us borrow your flag - it was great to meet you and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

C_Spray 06-17-2003 09:33 AM

Re: Batboats in the pits

Originally posted by bouyhunter
In the Pits
Good looking BatBoat - nice clean graphics. Sorry we didn't get to meet more of the "little BatBoat" guys on Sunday. (We still need to get this "BatBoat reunion/shootout" thing handled. I'm dying to try one of those 24's...) Hopefully we looked good at the West end with our "Patrol Boat" stickers. :rolleyes: