Notices

OT: Titan Motorcycles

Old 06-16-2003, 05:36 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Titan Motorcycles

A wealthy customer of mine is opening a shop to give his son something to run and learn business skills. Titan is I guess a Harley clone, he mentioned a trade deal on another boat. Is Titan respected in the world of Harleys and many clones?Should I get one or back away, haven't ridden in years but could be tempted.
Old 06-16-2003, 06:08 PM
Registered

Didn't you get a V-rod a few month's ago in trade? All that is going happen to your customer is his wallet is going to get smaller. Not that many people are buying custom bikes right now. Unless it's a Jesse James ( west coast copper) If the kid want's to do bike's he need's to sell at least 1 of the big names Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki,Suzuki. Or go with the HD and Buell line. Then sell the Custom stuff also but you aint going to make $$$ selling custom bike's unless you are building them too.
Old 06-16-2003, 06:09 PM
Registered

One last thing you can't learn much when you sell 12 bike's a year.
Old 06-16-2003, 06:19 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Lapse, the V-Rod deal fell thru,probrably better for me that it did. Sometimes guys with money do very little research,course they don't have to if profit isn't a factor. I think he wants to give his son something to work at,sounds like he needs to look a little closer at what he's getting into.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:48 PM
wilerty

Fever Mike:

I agree with you except I think there is hope for Victory. The new Vegas is selling very well in my area. Time will tell ... but they are the only clone with a chance ... deep pockets help.

I was never a Harley fan until I took a 2001 Heritage softail classic in partial trade for my boat. With the new 88B motor and EFI it is a really nice bike. I'm selling it ... but enjoying it while I have it.

Old 06-17-2003, 12:01 PM
Registered

I don't know that it would be such a bad business. Just carry more than one line. Add American Iron Horse, Big Dogs, and take the used Harley's in on trade to sell. Offer top notch customer service, a good line of parts and accessories and I think it would be viable. You've also got the financing to sell, extended warranty plans, pre-paid service contracts.

Providing the kid's not a total idiot and his Dad's giving him the money to get started and get through the first year, I think he'll do allright.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Titan was bought out by Ultra cycles, another Harley clone "custom built bike company". They (Titan) used to be extremely high end bikes back in the mid to early 90's and were way expensive for the time. Jesse James, OCC, Bourget, Pag, and the rest of the High end custom manufactured bikes were not as popular and really can not be compared to manufactured aftermarket companies (now or then) due to the fact that they (West Coast, Orange County, Pag, Etc.) are actual custom one off builders. Ultra, then Titan, and some of the others are production bikes and are a fraction of the price.

I think your idea is a good one for your son. The companies that have been mentioned (Ultra/Titan, Big dog, American Iron horse etc.) have pre-built packages that wont take customizing by your son. Just slap them together and sell them. Have a good mechanic on hand and good customer service and I agree, have a couple of lines plus the used Harleys could prove to be a nice little business and be fun.
Old 06-17-2003, 01:21 PM
Registered

Default Titan

Well I enjoy my Titan, Had other Harleys before, this is much better.
Attached Thumbnails OT: Titan Motorcycles-picture2002-470.jpg  
Old 06-17-2003, 04:30 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

does anyone on the board have a Jesse James? I so, post the pics!
Old 06-17-2003, 04:44 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

How about the Tuttles on Discovery Channel, Paul Sr. and Paully Jr., of Orange County Choppers? They build some UNREAL CHIT!! I would give my... nevermind.
Attached Thumbnails OT: Titan Motorcycles-bad.jpg  

Last edited by Sydwayz; 06-17-2003 at 04:49 PM.

Quick Reply: OT: Titan Motorcycles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.