Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/52499-anybody-notice-new-trend-cc-outboards.html)

GregP 06-20-2003 11:30 AM

Re: Just Got Back From Concept

Originally posted by WickedWon
This will be the 12th boat I've commissioned for construction over the last 30 years
Gee, can I have your leftovers???? ;)

-Greg

frequentflyer 06-20-2003 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I like this one ... :D :D

JGB 06-20-2003 12:52 PM

My Renegade 29 is in the mold as of yesterday. Now, starts some of the most frustrating and exciting times for someone awaiting their boat's completion. :) :D

Concept 06-20-2003 01:10 PM

Thanks folk for all your kind words. Thanks Mike for directing me here to read them. The product will sell itself, in the end people buy from people. Jim's and Mary's visit was enlightning and enjoyable to us as well, he is knowledgeable and full of energy and passion for what he is designing. I must give kudos to Mary here, I have never, I mean never had a wife involved with the sale who boats with her husband and agree on everything as he wanted to do it and not only agree with how he was building it, but not to ask for anything for herself or bat an eye while he removed creature comforts like the port-a-potty !! Super people, looking forward to boating with them.....Susan

JGB 06-20-2003 01:31 PM

It would be my pleasure Mike! Assuming no snags and such with the process. I also assume we will be doing a lot of stuff together with these SUVs of the sea. You, your wife, my wife and I should go for a bite to eat on the water when the time comes if not before. :)

Jim

THEJOKER 06-20-2003 05:44 PM

FunHome:

Where did ya get that crystal ball? Yep in 2004 I will have a 30 ft CC. I'm looking to get the tooling done and get cranked up soon. I'll be the small guy but my 30 will be sweet. All the good stuff and " go fast" in mind. BH

frequentflyer 06-20-2003 06:11 PM

Joker.... You won't be the small guy. 30 ft center console isn't so small. My 25 is small. You will enjoy it..

RM2 06-20-2003 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cuda,

Those boats are the cool as chit!:)

My old girl:
Not CC but....

BigMike 06-20-2003 08:54 PM

Mike, I am ready for the middle grounds right now. I was booked to go on a grouper charter tomorrow but the pu$$y a$$ charter captain called today and said he was a little worried about the weather this weekend. We were heading 40 miles out for limits of grouper. Oh well, we rescheduled for 7/19. I was just busting your chops about the motor choices. You know as well as I do that if I had to make the twin vs. trips decision it would never be made. I would probably end up flipping a coin and spending the rest of my life trying to convince myself I made the right decision. The 250 HPDI plug fouling problems are from guys not following Yamahas recommendation and running 93 octane fuel. Save the cash on the trips and buy $15,000 worth of grouper digging equipment and fuel.

The boat with the triple 300 Yammies should be cool. Hopefully those engines are equal to or exceed the products Yamaha has produced in the past. My 200 VMAX OX66 EFI motor is being discontinued this year and all EFI's will be HPDI's. I do not know if Mercury has similar plans for the EFI's.

Mike

WickedWon 06-21-2003 08:17 AM

Concept

JGB,
Thanks, in the winter I'll be keeping mine near Miami but Jerry(LEOPAJM) has a place near Ft. Myers. I'm personally not familiar with Renegade, and right now thats bugging me cause I thought I'd checked out everything ! (don't tell me they build a 33' - 36' AHHHH) Anyway, I know you've made a good choice on the type, the big CC's put the FUN back in boating.

Fever Mike,
I know you've done a ton of investigation and I concur Concept is good stuff and great people. With all you've been thru lately you deserve something working right, this boat will.
BTW tell Susan you want all the removable seat cushions hinged ;)

Concept,
Susan, thank you for the kind words and as for Mary she has spent more time at big speeds in rough water than most of the guys who "talk" about it. She knows what lives and doesn't live when you really run a boat. She's watched people "shovel" out all the "brochure BS" from their cabins after a rough day, and being sick over the damage, while we just scamper up to the bar for a cocktail as the porta potties and cabin doors go by on their way to the dumpsters :D
Again, it really was a pleasure meeting you and we couldn't be more comfortable with our decision to go with Concept.

JD