Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards? >

Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?

Notices

Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?

Old 06-22-2003, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The chicks luv 'em!
Attached Thumbnails Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?-sr9_med_outboard3.jpg  
Old 06-22-2003, 03:45 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

American Extreme,
I would be interested based on all the facts that you stated. Price is a huge factor in boating for some of us. The performance numbers are interesting. What manufacturers do you represent?
Old 06-22-2003, 04:22 PM
Registered

The numbers are indeed impressive. We currently only offer fully inflatable cats, but have spoken with Pascoe and others about world class RIB's. We plan offer the world's finest performance RIB's in the future and are looking for a little feedback. With one less motor, they're a lot more affordable.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?-sr9_eur_inboard3.jpg  

Last edited by American Xtreme; 06-22-2003 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-22-2003, 09:02 PM
JGB
Registered

Do they make a cuddy cabin RIB? I agree mike, I'd rather have no steps and a little more beam. However, it seems like a very efficient design. I think I would consider one for a smaller ski, day boat, utility boat. I am sure they make great tenders for yachts also. Might be a real good boat for the younger boater as well. I would be interested in learning the price range and what's included int he price. I bought a true 29 ft CC with cuddy, twin 225 optis, no wood construction, hull and deck glassed together, very nicely equipped for less than $80k. I am pretty sure you can order a barebones boat with twin 250 EFI for $70ish. Granted the price range for these CC type boats is $70k - 150k. Are ribs that much of a value. I know the quality rubber used in RIBs is not inexpensive.
Old 06-22-2003, 09:25 PM
hard2catch

florida gator, I saw the customs boat at the ozona marina a couple of weeks back; pretty impressive. Although, it seems a little excessive and slow for it's intent. maybe the intimidation approach is good too. Either way, those guys have a great job.

I'm getting the other Renegade that JGB mentioned. I have some work in crystal river, and on some occasions, I hope to use the boat instead of the truck. Hopefully, the opti's will come in handy and save me a buck or two at your marina?

-Neil

Old 06-23-2003, 08:58 AM
Registered

Neil, If you're in the area give me a call, (352)422-7296. If you're a Sea Tow member, You can get a $.10 / gallon discount at Twin Rivers Marina. That's where I fuel up.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:00 AM
ck54
Gold Member

American Xtreme when do you think you will have that line of ribbs?
Location of you shop?
ck
Old 06-23-2003, 04:34 PM
Registered

Default hey ck54!

You're right down the street from me, we're in Ottsville, near 113 and 611. I am exploring either importing or building stylish performance RIBS, but don't have anything concrete yet. This forum is a great way to get feedback and we appreciate your interest. There are literally hundreds of manufacturers of Ribs. Except for Nautica which is cost prohibitive, most US builders have ugly commercial looking models with no style or creature comforts....they're just work horses.
Britain has some decent looking designs that perform well, some even have cuddies, but other than Pascoe, they all build with chop glass and we only want to offer the Cigarette of RIBS. Pascoe is a SMALL company and was only building a little over 10 boats a year, and now they are the exclusive builder of the V24 batboat for Europe, so their production is maxed out. Also the exchange rate and freight leave slim margins for the US importer.
There is one SA manufacturer that makes a quality, attractive 8M Ocke-based model at a fair price who will work with me. See pic.

Have you checked out our 13'5" race cat? I'll take you for a ride in mine, if you take us out in yours. LOL! Seriously, it's an amazing little boat that puts a PWC to shame
Attached Thumbnails Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?-prestige.jpg  
Old 06-25-2003, 06:06 AM
ck54
Gold Member

American Xtreme,
I really like the looks of that green and white CC.
What is the approx price of something like that?
ck
Old 06-25-2003, 06:06 AM
ck54
Gold Member

American Xtreme,
I really like the looks of that green and white CC.
What is the approx price of something like that?
ck

Quick Reply: Anybody notice the new trend - CC Outboards?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.