Like Tree0Likes

Ford And Gm Join Forces To Make New Engine

Old 06-18-2003, 11:08 PM
CRUBOSS

everyone should be aware keith eickert has nothing to do with this new k e power products. she (ms julie sullivan) is selling off all the old parts. and used re-conditioned parts as new. what a scam.

Old 06-19-2003, 08:15 AM
CRUBOSS

it is a sad world somtimes..........

Old 06-19-2003, 09:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Cigarette 35 Cafe Racer

I sincerely hope that Sterling doesn't befall a similar fate.

One superb engine builder gone, we don't need to lose another.
Old 06-19-2003, 09:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: yeah....that one

BITTER FORMER EMPLOYEES MAKE STORIES SOUND SO GREAT
Old 06-19-2003, 10:45 AM
Registered

My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45

Let's see how many "Oh.......poor Mr. KE" threads we can get crammed on the first page of OSO.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:54 AM
TulsaLarry

Looks to me this was the only way for Ms. Sullivan to avoid liquidation.

Another local company on the skids

By AARON LONDON
Staff Writer

Last update: 16 May 2003

PALM COAST -- The future of Keith Eickert Power Products could be decided next week in a lawyer's office in Orlando.

A public sale by competitive bidding of the company's assets is scheduled for Wednesday at the law offices of Carlton Fields. The assets are to be sold either piecemeal or "in bulk" according to a legal advertisement in the Daytona Beach News-Journal.

Julie Sullivan, Keith Eickert chief executive officer, declined to comment for this story.

Old 06-19-2003, 11:16 AM
Registered

This may sound like an ignorant question, but why did K,E sell out?
Old 06-19-2003, 11:27 AM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 31 Resin bucket

Quote:
Originally posted by SLINGSHOT
BITTER FORMER EMPLOYEES MAKE STORIES SOUND SO GREAT
leo is not bitter, he's just hitting the nail on the head . leo was a loyal employee to ke. he has been knowing keith alot longer than you have been posting. i personally know leo and had the chance to spend a few days and stayed at his home while looking to relocate to fl. as i said before this is not a great story , it's a [email protected]@d up deal. alot of people who did some of the finest work lost there jobs because of julie for here own personal gain.unless you know people who worked for ke most will not understand how this affected peoples lives if i could afford to buy that deal and put all of the loyal, quality, employees and keith back to the status that it was before the draino lady came along i would.
my .02 ERIC.....
Old 06-19-2003, 11:38 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by PhantomChaos
Let's see how many "Oh.......poor Mr. KE" threads we can get crammed on the first page of OSO.
Nort, what's the scoop you insinuated on the other thread? Lots of messages about the alleged predations of Ms. Sullivan, and you implied that this was not the case, but no further information?

C'mon, now, let's hear it....

Personally, I have no information other than what I've read here. However, KEPP seemed to be doing fine until Ms. Sullivan was brought on board. Since that time, we've seen Ms. Sullivan's OL put up for auction, heard lots of talk about money troubles, seen Mr. Eikert get forced via lawsuit out of the company that bears his name, seen said company announce that they were contracting with competitor Sterling Marine to build their engines, and now news that KEPP is on the verve of Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

As the old saying goes, where there's smoke, there tends to be fire....
Old 06-19-2003, 11:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: yeah....that one

Quote:
Originally posted by open72
leo is not bitter, he's just hitting the nail on the head . leo was a loyal employee to ke. he has been knowing keith alot longer than you have been posting. i personally know leo and had the chance to spend a few days and stayed at his home while looking to relocate to fl. as i said before this is not a great story , it's a [email protected]@d up deal. alot of people who did some of the finest work lost there jobs because of julie for here own personal gain.unless you know people who worked for ke most will not understand how this affected peoples lives if i could afford to buy that deal and put all of the loyal, quality, employees and keith back to the status that it was before the draino lady came along i would.
my .02 ERIC.....
nothing towards leo, just keith got suckered and everyone(employees) else got f-u-c-k-e-d in the process without having much too say. just a crappy situation