Like Tree0Likes

Alweiss in contempt????

Old 06-21-2003, 11:02 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2001 42 fountain

THANKS STEVE
Old 06-21-2003, 12:43 PM
WATERBOY2

After all this is ,maybe it would be the best if the LLC went out on its own anyway.What is APBA Detroit and the use of its name really doing for offshore powerboat racing anyway?The Offshore LLC seems to have outgrown the "club sport "mentality of the APBA.This has not only affected Offshore, but the Unlimited, OPC,Drag,Inboard and Outboard categories as well.Hopefully it will work out in the best interest of both parties.

Old 06-21-2003, 04:14 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 Extreme 29

Damn, I leave for a few days and all hell breaks loose !!!! Thanks Steve for clearing it up. Dave
Old 06-22-2003, 08:38 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC

Quote:
Originally posted by WATERBOY2
After all this is ,maybe it would be the best if the LLC went out on its own anyway..
I couldn't agree more!

T2x
Old 06-22-2003, 09:16 PM
TulsaLarry

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WATERBOY2
[B]After all this is ,maybe it would be the best if the LLC went out on its own anyway.

OK, if the LLC breaks away from APBA and runs MAPBA (Michael Allweiss Power Boat Association) on it's own and the APBA starts their own Offshore races, would this be a good thing for the racers and fans? I would hate to see the LLC and APBA fans and racers start fighting as they now do with SBI. I would also hate to see the entries at each race fall.

What are the pros and cons?

Old 06-22-2003, 09:21 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2001 Top Gun T/S, 2002 Gladiator

Tulsa,
keep in mind that the court can act on its own via an "order to show cause" which will require the party to show cause why they should not be held in contempt of court. This applies to direct and indirect contempt.
Old 06-22-2003, 09:47 PM
TulsaLarry

d-hlaw

Thanks for your input, I think we all know where the motion came from and the reason. It sounds like a lot legal bickering to me.

I remember years ago Southwest Airlines was going to sue an airline up north for using an add depicting a heart similar to that used by Southwest. Herb Kelleher and the other CEO decided the only ones to win in a legal battle would be the lawyers so they settled their dispute with an arm wrestle. I'd like to see this settled in a similar fashion.