Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
dude!!! A suicide machine for auction on EBAY!!! >

dude!!! A suicide machine for auction on EBAY!!!

Notices

dude!!! A suicide machine for auction on EBAY!!!

Old 06-22-2003, 09:48 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love riding my boat but I won't in a million years ever claims it safe.

a friend of my brother's recently became a quadropalegic on his bike. Well more precisely he became one on the hood of the car that hit him. He was actually throw well clear of the bike in the accident

ask fever mike for his take on bikes too. I believe he is learning to walk again on his new prostectic leg.

theya re fun but really dangerous. If you can;t control your self yet its not time for abike. I've had a couple clsoe call s on mine and have since calmed down, but i am lucky. i hit 135 once or twice and that was enough. I got taht out of my system and rarely break 90 nowadays.
Old 06-22-2003, 11:20 PM
Mr. Demeanor

Tommy, dont get a bike. AT your age the money you spend on insurance would be better put to other things. If you do buy a bike, get an old sportbike you can learn on. Take the safety class given by the AMA and spend money on a helmet, boots, gloves and leathers.

Old 06-22-2003, 11:56 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

you know what i totally forgot my buddy is sellgin his old 750 interceptor. Its an older biek but mechanically its perfect. It has a few cosmetic blemishes but we rebiult eth bike from eth ground up last year. The chassis has been powder coated and eveything has been eitehr cleaned up or replaced.

aparently some people that collect bikes are interested in it becasue it marked a new era in design for honda back in the early 80s. At least that what he keeps hearing. I think he wants like $2500 for it. It woudl makea great first bike. Not too fast handles pretty well, and the price is right.
Old 06-23-2003, 06:42 AM
Registered

Hey Hyper ....what kind of bike are you riding now? if nothing..I would strongly suggest you spend many hours on a dirt bike...many many hours...hit the woods and hit them hard...Hare Scrambles are the best way in my opinion to learn the response times needed for fast action and collision avoidance...It's rough out there on the streets, and practice doesn't make perfect when some idiot wings in front of you ....or something gets kicked up from the car in front of you , lik ea 2 foot piece of 4x4 lumber....the more you are able to react without thinking the better off you will be...I actually may be done w/ bikes..it has been a long break this time...they just sit.

I would however jump on either of those 2 skin peeling rockets...for a little while anyway..

if you want to trick something out and have a unique bike try and find an old RD 350 Yamaha , Kawi triple H1 OR H2 2 stroke bikes that are light and fast, easy on the wallet and you just don't see many around...the Yammies are a blast...and lots-o aftermarket road race goodies to be had still....Now I feel like riding something...Here is a RD 350 I have been screwing around with....sorry for the long post I get wierd when I start talking about bikes...
Attached Thumbnails dude!!! A suicide machine for auction on EBAY!!!-dcp_2603.jpg  
Old 06-23-2003, 07:44 AM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you have never been on a bike before, I would NOT get either of the bikes you suggested, or an R6 for that matter(sorry puder)... Like a few others have said, go with something older and a bit smaller... Or the best suggestion I heard... put your money into something else... The insurance will MURDER you on a bike...
Old 06-23-2003, 11:11 AM
Registered

Have done a lot of dirtbike riding, thinking about it...if insurance is that bad for a bike (and they are a bit un safe...) I guess I will start to look for a car to hop up.
Tommy
Old 06-23-2003, 11:42 AM
Registered

piss on the cars...drive your parents as long as you can and save your money for something else.......piss on bikes you will hurt yourself, save your money for something else...something that you can haul a bunch of chicks wearing bikinis around in....can you see where I am going with this?????????

YOU, MY FRIEND NEED A FAST BOAT!
Attached Thumbnails dude!!! A suicide machine for auction on EBAY!!!-232pussyrules1.jpg  
Old 06-23-2003, 11:49 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

r6 isn't a great first bike BUT its hell of alot better than a busa. the older slower bike isnt; agreat idea. I think eth only reason i was able to get away with an r6 and nt get majorly hurt 1. got damn lucky 2. been riding on dirt for 10 years
Old 06-23-2003, 12:03 PM
Registered

Originally posted by THRILLSEEKER
piss on the cars...drive your parents as long as you can and save your money for something else.......piss on bikes you will hurt yourself, save your money for something else...something that you can haul a bunch of chicks wearing bikinis around in....can you see where I am going with this?????????

YOU, MY FRIEND NEED A FAST BOAT!

Sounds like a good idea...I might have somewhere around 3-4k at the end of this summer...wonder if that is enough for a blown 350
Old 06-23-2003, 12:16 PM
Registered

you should look for a hydrostream or one of sharky's bullet boats

Quick Reply: dude!!! A suicide machine for auction on EBAY!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.