Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Bad boating weekend at LOTO >

Bad boating weekend at LOTO

Notices

Bad boating weekend at LOTO

Old 06-23-2003, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

its just a mater of time. they need to but a displacement restriction on that lake.
later
Old 06-23-2003, 10:10 PM
Big E

Yeah - Lets all do 60 mph at night, that would solve everything. Unbelievable someone would post that. The speed at loto at night should be idle, then your nose would be down. LOTOParty you hit it on the head with the cruisers, they are the ones that cause all the mayhem and damage to the docks. Its time they put a speed law in effect for them. What I can't figure out, are all those people with the big cruisers, if they have that much money to afford one, then why are they in such a big hurry to get anywhere.

They buy those cruisers because they are sick of getting beat up in a performance boat, then they think they can run it like a performance boat. It really doesn't solve the problem of wave damage, it just makes it worse. The only way I see that they can put a stop to it is to put a speed limit on them. I cannot understand why they don't. Money talks I guess.

Old 06-23-2003, 10:51 PM
Steve_H

Originally posted by Big E

Money talks I guess.
ever see a cruiser stopped by water patrol?

yaa , me neither

Old 06-23-2003, 11:34 PM
Steve_H

Originally posted by lotoparty
ever see a cruiser stopped by water patrol?

yaa , me neither
saw one on the golf course once but the owner was MIA

Old 06-24-2003, 09:02 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Bigyellowcat
i had a friend up there last weekend, his boat was tied in a dock in the middle and two crusiers went by and it broke his ropes and sent his boat into the side of the dock and scratched it then he was at a gas dock and the dock person that was holding the back of the boat let it go under the metal dock which scratched his swim platform. he said it was so rough that he would never go back and he was in a 34 cigarette.

Yeah, I was with Ryno some of the weekend. He was tied up at "Millstone" when the rope snapped, which are probably the ****tiest docks I've ever seen. His "35" Cafe did fine though. He had 10 people crammed in so that made it more difficult for him to drive. He'll be back though.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:35 AM
Charter Member #1251
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I find funny about crusiers is that the ***** Thru Hull exhaust can be heard well after they have been passed. But they care less that their 6' high wake just flipped a canoe or smashed a couple of docked boats three miles away..
Old 06-24-2003, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Troutly
Probably the biggest thing that drives me nuts down there is which side of the lake people drive on.

LOTO is more like a river then a lake in many ways (I guess because it really was once a river ). You'd think people could stay to the right whether they are heading 'down' or 'up' the lake, like driving on a road.

But noooooooooooooooo, some of these idiots hug the shore coming right at you on what is essentially the wrong side of the road. Kinda makes ya wonder.....
Can I get an AMEN!!

Just drives me nuts! Keep to the shore on your right! 2 weeks ago I am in the right middle because I am crusing along about 40 and this bowrider keeps edging over to "cut" the corner on the turn. He basically cuts me off but I was ready, the kicker is he does it right in front of the water patrol. He should have gotten a lecture.

If I ran the lake it would be stay to the right (shore on your right) faster boats to the middle and a displacement limit. Some of these 50+ footers are getting a little out of hand. I do not favor a speed limit for the cruisers because if they have one you know one is coming for performance boats.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by lotoparty
saw one on the golf course once but the owner was MIA
I can tell you where he can be foind for the next 3-5 years

There was an article about the water patrol and a restored boat real nice article, but at the end they said over 40 years the problems haven't changed just more people and they chase a different kind of boat now but they still write tickets for the same things they did back then.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:29 PM
Registered

Default What do you guys think about this....

Don't you think though that the majority of the lawmakers and lobbyists backing the lawmakers are riding in the big cruisers so.....I would imagine we (offshore guys) are kinda out-numbered when it comes to legislation.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:36 PM
Registered

driving on the wrong side is a peev with me too. Especially the last hairpin turn near party cove, it is even marked with keep right signs down the middle of the lake.

Quick Reply: Bad boating weekend at LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.