no opinion
5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Special Limited Edition Poker Run Speaker Grills

Old 08-03-2003, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Payton
Here are mine. It show up as bue, but it matches my Gaffrig color perfectly. I don't see why they wouldn't fit any 6x9. I've got Polks

Payton those look great, you can also use a screen element if you like. PM me and i will tell you how you can make them or you can order them from me.

They look great, I would run em bare..
Old 08-03-2003, 11:57 PM
Registered

Payton,
Very nice!

Krumbsnatcher,
I have 6X9 Babbs Marine speakers. They have the built in grill but it doesn’t extend very far from the speaker. What is the depth of the grills?

I think you have a great product. Are you producing them yourself or outsourcing them? It would be cool to post a couple of pictures of the Mill cutting these out. For the price of the equipment needed to do this I think the price is reasonable.
Dan
Old 08-04-2003, 12:07 AM
Registered

Originally posted by candyman35
Payton,
Very nice!

Krumbsnatcher,
I have 6X9 Babbs Marine speakers. They have the built in grill but it doesn’t extend very far from the speaker. What is the depth of the grills?

I think you have a great product. Are you producing them yourself or outsourcing them? It would be cool to post a couple of pictures of the Mill cutting these out. For the price of the equipment needed to do this I think the price is reasonable.
Dan

Does your speaker attach to your cover or is just one piece. Our grills stand off about an inch, I can get you an exact measurement if you would like.

I work exclusively with the producer on design and function. We are currently working on ones for Sand Cars, golf carts and now autos. I will post some pics soon.

The speaker attaches to a ring that mounts behind your exsiting speaker, then the cover slips over the ears and you secure the speaker grill with stainless hardware set screws. It really is a class act.

Finally someone, who understands CNC machine programming costs, just kidding.

Thanks for the kind words
Old 08-04-2003, 12:15 AM
Registered

Originally posted by candyman35
Payton,
Very nice!

Krumbsnatcher,

Dan

Does your speaker attach to your cover or is just one piece. Our grills stand off about an inch, I can get you an exact measurement if you would like.

I work exclusively with the producer on design and function. We are currently working on ones for Sand Cars, golf carts and now autos. I will post some pics soon.

The speaker attaches to a ring that mounts behind your exsiting speaker, then the cover slips over the ears and you secure the speaker grill with stainless hardware set screws. It really is a class act.

Finally someone, who understands CNC machine programming costs, just kidding.

Thanks for the kind words.

Here are some subs I just picked up for a customer, they are 10" in candy red.
Attached Thumbnails Special Limited Edition Poker Run Speaker Grills-victorysubs-003.jpg  
Old 08-04-2003, 01:05 AM
Registered

I think they may work. I know they will clear for depth but I'm not sure about outside dimensions. I'll take some measurements and email you. Do you have any pictures with the gill insert installed? If you do the Poker hand when would it be available?

The reason I asked if you were outsourcing is I have a friend who could do the grills for you. He is currently making stuff like fitting wrenches, fuel pump block offs and oil filter cutters. He is always looking for business.

Dan
Attached Thumbnails Special Limited Edition Poker Run Speaker Grills-cutter.jpg  
Old 08-04-2003, 01:17 AM
Registered

They should be available soon, we are still working on a design that looks good and provides ample room for the speaker to generate the sound. There have been a lot of people trying to copy the product, so we are kinda of sensitive to the issue of outsourcing. Besides, the process is not easy and requires extensive knowledge, we are the pioneers and are committed to bringing exciting new products to the market.

Once we have our pattern and design done, it takes about a week, depending on the powdercoating.

Not an easy task.
Old 08-04-2003, 01:18 AM
Registered

Forgot to mention we are currently designing an Apache Cover for Bob. This one is definitely a troublesome job.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:29 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was thinking the Cigarette logo would be perfect for a set of 6x9s

Can't wait to see the Apache covers.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:39 AM
Registered

You are right! Does anyone know a Contact at Cigarette that would give the go ahead to produce a set?