Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I flew in a BAT BOAT!!!!  Thanks TOM!!! >

I flew in a BAT BOAT!!!! Thanks TOM!!!

Notices

I flew in a BAT BOAT!!!! Thanks TOM!!!

Old 06-26-2003, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can vouch for that..........I'm a 32 waist and nearly 6-foot, and it was snug.
Now thats comedy Folks!!!! Don't you mean 3'2" and a 6' radius
Old 06-26-2003, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by IDRPSTF
lol
Old 06-26-2003, 04:09 PM
Registered

We ran the Switlik Helicopter Crew Vests in the canopy boat. I think most of the canopy boats are running the same vest. Worked perfectly too. Only thing is if you do need it only pull one tab, pulling two just gives you too much floatation and damn near chokes you.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:42 PM
BTJ88

Default Re: About the life vests

Originally posted by Tom
First of all thanks Nort for postign pictures and describing your experience and thanks again to Kevin for saving my boat!

When I bought the boat I was told by Lifeline that the vests were designed for canopy boats so that you can swim out when flipped. I wanted to buy the Switlik vests, but was told if I ever wanted to race I had to have Lifeline. This was before Chris got involved so it is not his fault if I was led astray.

ARe you all saying that Lifeline mislead me? What kind should I get and how much are they?

Thanks,
Tom
Although it's not what I wear normally. The vest you're wearing in the picture above is the same as the vest I wore for this years dunker test. You can still swim out fine with one of those on.

As far as room goes, I'm 6-2, 215 and fit. (sort of)

Old 06-26-2003, 05:40 PM
Registered

Originally posted by IDRPSTF

You people suck!!
Old 06-26-2003, 05:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Size issue. Tom's boat was built by Armada and still has all their old seating in it.

I am 6'5" 250+ and fit just fine. Greg "Boomer" Hukari also raced One Design and fit just fine.

We did a few things to adjust the room in the cockpit. First we lowered the floor and used Carbon Fiber and Kevlar to keep the boat strong. Then we tilted the seats back at 22 degrees which was recommended for back support anyway. We then changed the entire dash and moved it way forward. That is the bulk of it, but let's just say Anthony Munoz was our celebrity racer (NFL Hall of Fame offensive lineman) and he fit as well.

So no matter the size, I am sure we have a race boat for you.

Chris Reindl
Old 06-26-2003, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Bat Boats in Cincy

Chris - I had a great time at the race and got a few pics of your boats
Thanks for all the hard work putting this event on.
Maybe next time around I can get some seat time.
Attached Thumbnails I flew in a BAT BOAT!!!!  Thanks TOM!!!-dscf0004.jpg  
Old 06-26-2003, 06:20 PM
Registered

Default pic 2

Pic 2
Attached Thumbnails I flew in a BAT BOAT!!!!  Thanks TOM!!!-dscf0006.jpg  
Old 06-26-2003, 06:26 PM
Registered

Default pic3

pic3
Attached Thumbnails I flew in a BAT BOAT!!!!  Thanks TOM!!!-dscf0009.jpg  
Old 06-26-2003, 07:48 PM
Tom
Registered

Originally posted by Reindl Powerboats
Size issue. Tom's boat was built by Armada and still has all their old seating in it.

I am 6'5" 250+ and fit just fine. Greg "Boomer" Hukari also raced One Design and fit just fine.

We did a few things to adjust the room in the cockpit. First we lowered the floor and used Carbon Fiber and Kevlar to keep the boat strong. Then we tilted the seats back at 22 degrees which was recommended for back support anyway. We then changed the entire dash and moved it way forward. That is the bulk of it, but let's just say Anthony Munoz was our celebrity racer (NFL Hall of Fame offensive lineman) and he fit as well.

So no matter the size, I am sure we have a race boat for you.

Chris Reindl
Chris said those changes were the bulk of it, but from my viewpoint he took a great idea and made the execution work which in my opinion Armada failed at. I didn't know about the seat changes, but from what I hear Chris is making an excellent boat with major improvements over what I got originally from Armada. Still putting those tiny engines in though. (I know, APBA would not approve a 500HP since it is faster than factory 1 boats, actually mine at 100 is faster than factory 2 as far as I know) No matter what they are a blast to drive.

Chris has also been a great help advising me on the many changes to get all the bugs out of mine and I didn't even buy it from him.

Just for the record, Nort is roughly my size ( 5'11" and 180) and a great guy from my personal experience. I expected to see a flock of women though. I think he was hiding them.

Thank you BTJ88 for the lifeline feedback. I think I will stay with them for now since I really like them.

Last edited by Tom; 06-26-2003 at 07:55 PM.

Quick Reply: I flew in a BAT BOAT!!!! Thanks TOM!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.