Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What is your Tow Vehicle/What are you Towing? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/53297-what-your-tow-vehicle-what-you-towing.html)

MovinOn 07-02-2003 08:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Don't have bit trouble towing this rig with this diesel up & down I-95 at 90 & 95 mph.. ummm that is the speed limit isnt it ? That i just passed wasn't it..I-95.. didn't the I mean Ist one to 95 win's sumptin.

MovinOn 07-02-2003 08:22 AM

Lmao .. see what a dummie i really am ...posted sucker 2 time's duh!! ok ok what's up with that. :-)

Hot Duck 07-02-2003 09:03 AM

Steamin' Rice : I can relate to your fuel capacity problems. My last F-350 had twin tanks for a total capacity of 32 gallons. On long trips pulling the boat we had to stop every few hours for fuel, which was a pain in the a**.

My new F-450 came from the factory with a single 40 gallon tank. While this fuel capacity was better than the old truck, it still was not enough to make a difference.

For this reason I added a second fuel tank from Transfer Flow. I used what they call their Trax-UFS system. The truck now has a fuel capacity of 80 gallons, which gives us roughly an 1,100 mile range while pulling the boat. (80 gallons X 15 miles/gallon = 1,200 miles) Without a doubt, this is the best option that I added when I ordered the truck. The Ford dealer installed the tank, so it was ready to go when I took delivery of the truck. Transfer Flow can certainly solve your fuel capacity problems.

See post #49 on page two of this thread for a picture of the truck.

Here is a link for the Transfer Flow Home Page:

Transfer Flow Home

Here is the link to the Trax-UFS page:

Transfer Flow Trax-UFS System

I hope this helps.

Will

After Burner 07-02-2003 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
F250 PSD, chip and exaust....I Pull a 30 foot scarab. Pulls Awsome!!

mopower 07-02-2003 09:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
F350 4X4 ex-cab PSD ,woulda went for a dually but I use a toll bridge to get to work and it would be $45 a week in tolls:hothead: as apposed to $13.50. Sucker tows like a RR locomotive. 272 Formula

45sonic 07-02-2003 10:50 AM

1997 FORD F-350 Diesel 4x4 SRW Crew Cab in front of a 1998 43 Black Thunder. Also use it for transporting boats of all sizes and shapes.

Pictures to follow

Cignificant 07-02-2003 11:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
'02 F350 PSD duallie. I've loved every minute of it after dumping my Suburban.

groove 07-02-2003 12:51 PM

Originally posted by liquid lounge
The decision you really have to make is not Chevy, Ford , or Dodge, but diesel or gas...stick or automatic.
I have a 2000 Dodge 3/4 Cummins. I researched for months to see what was best. All three had great trucks. I then started shopping on prices and that is where Dodge won for me. The pricing I got from them on a lease was hands down better than Ford or Chevy. The story may have changed the next month, but I got a sweet deal.

If you don't feel you have to be brand loyal, (ha ha ha I'm LOL as I'm writing this. We don't have any brand loyal people in this forum...) figure out what you want and price it out with each of the companies. Let the best man win.

Mental note after reading this thread, "Never put down a Ford!" Talk about a land slide.

Hot Boat 07-02-2003 02:47 PM

Fords and chevys thats all I see:rolleyes: BOOORRing.......... Thats why I drive a Dodge ram 5.7 Hemi. 4 door sport all black 20" rims. It might not have the fuel economy of a diesel but who cares. Its one BAD ASS truck. I just couldn't put up with listening to a dam diesel on a long drive. I work around a diesel truck all day and I just can't wait to shut that god dam noise maker off.

I will try and post photos later

bsag 07-02-2003 03:00 PM

01 2500hd chevy crew cab 4x4 pulling a 27 warlock with a steel trailer, no problems at all.