Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Crash on Ohio river / Dayton KY >

Crash on Ohio river / Dayton KY

Notices

Crash on Ohio river / Dayton KY

Old 07-10-2003, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just now have read this thread. First let me say thank god that nobody was killed. I like everybody else was enraged by the inaccurate information in the press. The local papers called the boat store and began to ask questions about a 50 ft "cigarette" and who would own such a thing. When I read the articles, I was even madder. I was misquoted and they turned it around to suit the slant that they wanted to portray. I took it upon myself to try to get the correct information about performance boats to the TV media and Channel 5 went for it. I think that it went pretty good and at least the reporter got what I was trying to say right. I am sorry I even talked to the papers.

No I did not rent the girls, but I am engaged to one of them and the other is her littlt sister.( 16 years old )

Allan, Good job in getting it right.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Did'nt know you were on here F dealer............You did a Very good job on the TV............
Old 07-10-2003, 05:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

FtnDlr,

I saw the part on Ch.5, you did a great job portraying the way powerboat customers care for their boats and the River.

Great Job!

Allan4,

Dito on Ch. 12. Nice work, see you all at the Poker Run next weekend.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:06 PM
Allan4

Originally posted by birdog
Tick-Tock Tick-Tock.........Time is running out for this A**hole !

Tssteph....Those guys all live on the "Wrong" side of town
........OR......you could live in Batavia and still share the only bathroom in the trailer with your grandma and uncle and have a dog named Walt live in the schoolbus parked in your side yard.

You know you live in Batavia when everything you eat is found on your property...

Old 07-10-2003, 06:07 PM
Allan4

Originally posted by ITLLFLI
Birdog,

Not all of them!
This oughtta be good.......then what the hell is Norwood??

Old 07-10-2003, 06:10 PM
Allan4

Originally posted by FtnDlr
I just now have read this thread. First let me say thank god that nobody was killed. I like everybody else was enraged by the inaccurate information in the press. The local papers called the boat store and began to ask questions about a 50 ft "cigarette" and who would own such a thing. When I read the articles, I was even madder. I was misquoted and they turned it around to suit the slant that they wanted to portray. I took it upon myself to try to get the correct information about performance boats to the TV media and Channel 5 went for it. I think that it went pretty good and at least the reporter got what I was trying to say right. I am sorry I even talked to the papers.

No I did not rent the girls, but I am engaged to one of them and the other is her littlt sister.( 16 years old )

Allan, Good job in getting it right.
Ftndlr...I think I owe you a bit of an apology. I went at you a little hard and should have thought things out a little better.

I thought your TV deal was really good, hope you all feel the same aobut mine.

Sorry man, I'll calm it down a bit in the future, I just could not beleive what I was reading!!

Thanks, see you in St Clair.

Allan

Old 07-10-2003, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

FtnDlr-
The quotes that originally came out from you were likely taken out of context, and I commented back in my disappointment.
Your follow-up quotes sound more like a person that has the same love of "performance boats" - (not just "cigarette boats" ) - as everyone else on this board.
Maybe the second interview didn't take only the "High Drama - News Media" slant and actually printed the point you were trying to make.
If anything I posted is offending, I apologize - in front of the OSO gods and all members.
I apreciated the way you emphasized (or at least the media actually allowed you to emphasize) the importance of the water and the care that most High performance boaters have.
Again, if your original qoutes were taken out of context, please take my original reply as out of context as well.

Bouy
Old 07-10-2003, 09:46 PM
Registered

FtnDlr
I will also say that I apologize if the quotes were taken out of context. It was enraging to here what they were saying in the paper on the radio and the TV. I think that you can understand how frustrating it was to here all of this going on. I did not want to be portrayed as a rich snobby ahole who blows hundreds of thousands on boats and whatever else. We all work hard for what we have and appreciate it a ton.
Todd
Old 07-11-2003, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You are correct Allan !!!! Please don't come out here in the boonies !!! all this fresh air & wide open space is to scary !!!
PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!! All of you.......STAY OVER THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!:
Old 07-11-2003, 08:53 AM
Allan4

Okay....Okay.....Ya talked me into it....I'll stay over here....heHeHe....

What are you doing this weekend, call me.

Allan

Quick Reply: Crash on Ohio river / Dayton KY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.