Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Crash on Ohio river / Dayton KY >

Crash on Ohio river / Dayton KY

Notices

Crash on Ohio river / Dayton KY

Old 07-01-2003, 11:15 AM
Kentz

It sure doesn't appear to have damage worth noting. Lower skeg on middle drive is tore up, ever hit floating debris?

Old 07-01-2003, 11:51 AM
Allan4

I could only hear audio on the video, so I did not see pics, but if you think about it...how much damage would occur if he just ran over the top of the boat??

I don't know. You would assume it would be significant, but maybe he just hit it right and sort of skidded over the top on the pad. It doesn't seem he had any direct decelleration that is consistent with major damage. Just a thought. You'd think it would be bigtime damage, but you are also talking about probably 12 or 13K lbs vs. 2K pounds. Maybe the same theory as the big truck with bumper damage and the Honda Accord that is totalled?

Just a thought. Sure wish one of us had been at the ramp to confirm if it was him or someone else. Anyone with an eye for these boats would know for sure what boat it was if they saw a pic of it again. I would bet this is the guy, however.

Stay tuned!!

Later....A4

Old 07-01-2003, 12:08 PM
29Fever

Here's a better picture of the drives. It looks like it's torn off. Does anyone know this guy?
Attached Thumbnails Crash on Ohio river / Dayton KY-boatax7.jpg  

Old 07-01-2003, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TOO OLD said, "I think it's important to remember, he's not a performance boater. He's a jerk off with a performance boat."

Good point!

The boat appears to be a 40' Outlaw looking at the vent covers on the rear.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with TOO OLD!!

I remember having seen him on the river in the past. Hopefully never again........ if this is the guy!

Last edited by ITLLFLI; 07-01-2003 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:23 PM
Registered

My .02

I once had a small accident with a Rock at 3-5 MPH. Long Story but the boat scrapped the rock on the bottom. $2800 Damage.

This accident would leave a story behind. Hope all is doing well !!It is hard to beleive this guy would just leave like he did.

Sorry just seen the post of the Drive, the earlier pics did not show that kind of damage. Hope he gets the book thrown at him if it was him.

Last edited by sgrady; 07-01-2003 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-01-2003, 01:02 PM
Kentz

Didn't see that view of the drives A little more than "debris", I sure didn't see any railroad ties or telephone poles floating this past weekend

Old 07-01-2003, 01:10 PM
Kentz

You all have seen him before. He has been on the river at least 3 years that I know of. I have been on the boat (dockside). He runs with two other boats out of Columbus that most of you would recognize. This is such a serious issue, I'll wait to hear what happens before any more comments.

I will say, for what its worth, he certainly is no kid and has been boating many years. Absolute Shame

Old 07-01-2003, 03:27 PM
Registered

check out cincinnati.com then click on enquier and it should be on the top page. It has a photo of the boat and the a**hole.
Old 07-01-2003, 03:59 PM
Registered

I have seen this boat a few times out as well never have talked to the guy. As long as he has been around it is hard to believe he would try to run and hide that boat but we will see what happens. I did not remember that it had tripps or I would have thought of him sooner.
On a side note we have to be even more careful and courteous than we usually are from now on. Let everyone out there know that we are not just a bunch of spoiled rich guys (thanks Jordan) and that we do care about the river and everyone that is on it.
They need to get this guy in jail and keep him there whoever he is!!

Quick Reply: Crash on Ohio river / Dayton KY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.