Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Crash on Ohio river / Dayton KY (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/53302-crash-ohio-river-dayton-ky.html)

TEAMBAJA 07-01-2003 04:27 PM

And their still referring to this boat as a cigarette boat. I know that pisses a bunch of you guys off!

29Fever 07-01-2003 04:45 PM

On www.cincinnati.com they refer to it twice as a 40' Fountain. All the media seems to be good for is spreading rumors. Some people around here even doubt whether or not this is the right guy.

Allan4 07-01-2003 05:19 PM

The boat owner and his attorney certainly are doing a good job creating alot of media doubts. I tried to call into WLW today, but they did not get me on before Willy went off the air. The authorities will sort this out, just give them a little time. Like Kentz said...this is serious stuff, so I guess speculation is not the right thing to be doing, I have spouted off enough as it is, so I'll pipe down a little....HeHeHe....

The Cincy Post will be on my boat tomorrow at 5pm outta Schmidt, so if you see my boat, stop by. THe reporter and camera man (still photos) will on board. I am going to give them our perspective of the matter the best I can. 12 news has also contacted me and I hope to give them an interview sometime soon as well.

I hope to drive home the fact that we are not reckless, filthy rich, arrogant people who buy "toys" for millions of $ and drive up and down the river like maniacs. However, tell them we are just normal folks who love boats and so on. Pretty Simple.

I'll keep ya posted. Thnaks, Allan:D

birdog 07-01-2003 05:27 PM

Team Baja : You are correct...The Cigarette stuff is getting OLD !!

Way to go Allan !!! We need to tell the other side of the story !!

This putz is already trying to Muddie up the water....Actualy..his POS lawyer.....They will have to prove he was driving

Turbojack 07-01-2003 05:28 PM

Allen4, I know you will let us know how it went. If I were you I would have someone you know also video it. That way if they try to spin it, you will have your complete video of what went on. Hopefuly what you say & what they put on the air will not be taken out of context.

Allan4 07-01-2003 05:36 PM

Turbo,

Good point. I told the reporter that I would only do the interview if he promised me that this would be a straight up deal and no spins. That he would talk about my/our perspective, otherwise, thnaks, but no thanks. He promised me that would be the case. I trust him.

Thanks....I'll let ya know. I would assume it will make the Cincy Post for Thurs the 3rd. That address is www.cincypost.com

See ya:)

Turbojack 07-01-2003 06:06 PM

I know someone that works in the national media. Start out TRUSTING NO ONE. Do you think they would say anything difference? They in there mine might think they are giving a no spin story but ?

Good luck & I will be looking forward to the story.

bouyhunter 07-01-2003 06:37 PM

Allan4 -
Go ahead and post the e-mail adresses you are sending to. I'll send in my opinion as well - I get the feeling it is fairly well supported by the group we have here. I commend you for inviting the media onto your boat for another perspective of "hi-performance" boating - (as opposed to all those "cigarette" or "cigar" boats out there - yeah guys, that has been pissing me off too...). I also hope you don't get "spun" on what you have to say.
I'd take you up on the open seats, but Wed's is a bad night. Would love to meet up with you and get on the water, - being new to the area and currently boatless. Let me know when you're going out again - I'll bring the cooler (FOR BACK AT THE DOCK!!).
Hope things go well tommorrow, and I'm very curious how the latest news will pan out.
And once again, I hope the family is recovering well. It kinda pisses me off that the media attention is barely mentioning the family now and are simply going after that evil "cigarette" boat.
My prayers to the family.

Bouy

CigBoat 07-01-2003 07:24 PM

Guys Allan and I want to do this we are very aware of what might happen if they spin the story. We are going to give them an honest and fair representation of the hobby that we all love so much. We feel that this is necessary to help the media understand a little about what we are doing when we are out there.

bouyhunter 07-01-2003 07:32 PM

I'll be looking forward to seeing the coverage - and from the posts I have read from both of you, I trust you to represent "us" well. Have fun and of course ( not that either of you wouldn't...) be informitive. Educate them on what this is all about. I just hope they give you the courtesy you deserve.
Good luck.

Bouy