Notices

Mufflers

Old 07-03-2003, 08:41 PM
KENNY

Thanks for the replies guys still not sure what ones to go with but i would like to have switch-ables.
Cessna i am sorry about the CAP.
Raypanic i looked at Gaffrig's web site and don't see outlaw listed did they change the name?

Old 07-04-2003, 07:49 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are Gaffrig by Livrosi not gaffrig performance

http://www.livorsi.com/
Old 07-06-2003, 08:36 AM
Registered

Default Ron Bender-Mufflers

Ron
Are you making these mufflers in your shop? I cant see you spending that much money for three sets with you and Jamie having machine shops,, If so, work me up a price,as I mention in my post to you about noise reducers I would like to be able to boat in Mich and Ohio!!

eliminator219
Old 07-06-2003, 12:11 PM
Registered

Sounds like everyone is happy with the HPI's...What is the cost for the HPI's for 4" tips. Also what are the dimensions on them?...Looks are important everything else being equal...Also one thing to keep in mind is the Shotguns allow almost NO REVERSION and actually increase torque...Anybody got pictures and prices of the HPI's

BH
Old 07-06-2003, 12:34 PM
Registered

The trouble with the shotguns is that they are absolutely useless at high RPMs. I paid $900+ for a pair of HPI clamp-ons, minus a "10% or 15% OSO-discount" as per HPI's Dan. If HPI moves their prices closer to the rest of them, then they will be very competitive.
Old 07-06-2003, 01:27 PM
CESSNA

Originally posted by KENNY
Thanks for the replies guys still not sure what ones to go with but i would like to have switch-ables.
Cessna i am sorry about the CAP.
Raypanic i looked at Gaffrig's web site and don't see outlaw listed did they change the name?
Thanks for working with us on the caps its the right thing to do !

Bender doen't care if he is polite on the board or not (CAPS ),,,by the way he does not make the hydro power ,,,HPI mufflers ,Dan does ! They work great just not switchable

Old 07-06-2003, 04:27 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Peconic
The trouble with the shotguns is that they are absolutely useless at high RPMs. I paid $900+ for a pair of HPI clamp-ons, minus a "10% or 15% OSO-discount" as per HPI's Dan. If HPI moves their prices closer to the rest of them, then they will be very competitive.
The Shotguns have 4 different adjustments to make. Also according to Drew they have different springs you can use if needed to limit the total amount of travel of the butterflies... He mentioned that 1/2 way open will support over 700hp with no loss of power..I have read several posts where Drew will adjust the Shotguns a little or no cost even if they are second hand or years old....... The difference in sound level at 1/4,1/2 and fully open is very noticeable....Again I personally like the fact you can adjust the rate/speed of the opening and the amount of opening you want.. I have made several adjustments to mine to get exactly what I want. Are the HPI's adjustable at all? But again the HPI's sound pretty good. Still at twice the cost that is something to consider...

BH
Old 07-06-2003, 05:01 PM
Registered

Hmm. Interesting. I admit no experience with the Shotguns. The consensus here was that they work great at low RPMs, but when the flaps open at higher RPMs, they are open & loud. Live & learn.

I was torn between the Shotguns and HPI, took HPI because of the upper end. Oh, well. I'll report once I have findings.

PS: The way I understand it, no adjustments to the HPIs.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:10 PM
Registered

Default Mufflers

Been there, done that with Shotguns. They are OK at idle, but will not meet any noise regulations anywhere I know of. Loud at anything over idle.
Old 07-07-2003, 03:28 AM
Registered

Default Re: Mufflers

Originally posted by deboatmon
Been there, done that with Shotguns. They are OK at idle, but will not meet any noise regulations anywhere I know of. Loud at anything over idle.
Did you try the adjustments or call the MFG...

BH

Quick Reply: Mufflers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.