Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
14-H Responds to Mike A. (again) >

14-H Responds to Mike A. (again)

Notices

14-H Responds to Mike A. (again)

Old 07-09-2003, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not know why someone would care where this thread is posted. On this board we read about new cars girlfriends new babys dogs ot this ot that........
I think this is actually related to our sport but I guess you would rather obout OT new lawn darts Ot yo grandmother?
I think some just do not like the the message.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:12 PM
Registered

Originally posted by T2x
Aw come on Dock........ Admit it......This beats discussion on "Alternative aftermarket prop nut sources for Bravo Drives".

I ignore those topics...you can ignore this one....unless you are just a teensy weensy bit interested

T2x
Nope, T2x, not interested at all. Quite frankly, I wouldn't give a **** if there wasn't another offshore race, period. Too bad for the racers, but so much of this bull**** sounds a lot like my 18 month old when she's throwing a temper tantrum.

The only race I'd ever miss is the Gold Cup hydroplane races on the Detroit River, and it looks like that event has been pulled back from the brink.

So, I guess we can leave all the squabbling children to piss in each other's Kool-Aid and run around screaming "Mommy, Mommy" all day long. The lawyers will bill their hours, and the racers will wonder whether their time and money is worth the trouble, the sponsors will find other ways to spend their money, and certain people (fill in your choice of names here) will post smug messages on public internet boards.

The rest of us will be out boating.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:54 PM
Registered

I knew you were a smart guy, Troutly! Congrats on the anniversary, btw!
Old 07-09-2003, 01:10 PM
Registered

dock,

I think in many ways about the lawyers and the continuous disagreements is accurate as well as others will be out boating. I agree with that point so much that it clearly explains why I no longer race and why I enjoy poker and fun runs so much. However, and I do not intend to sound smug, pretentious, stuck up or otherwise, but please just avoid reading and continuing to post on theses threads if you do not like their tones, topics etc.. It really is that simple and those who wish to contribute may continue to do so.

Thanks and enjoy your summer.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:22 PM
ModMachine

Im with Dockrocker on this one.
This crap is getting so deep Im not even sure if i even care anymore.

T2X is right.THis whole thing is not about what is best for us racers.Its not about giving the power back to the members.
It's all about making sure 14-H and his buds are right.
Making sure the evil but enviously successful MAllweiss is Wrong
Its all about winning - beating the other guy ang giving the V sign.
So lets say he does win?
What's he won?
A big pile of charred rubble that used to be the best offshore circuit in the country,killer debt on both sides,continual downsliding with no plans for rescusitation and a membership thats sick of all this APBA vs LLC BS and looking for the closest exit.
The only supporters APBA will get are the old farts most of who already have exposed their envy of MA.It just kills them since Not a one of them can match MA's success.
Theyll sink us all together but in the end,will any of them care?None of them are offshore so of course not.

Bravo.
Real nice job.

Old 07-09-2003, 01:25 PM
Registered

Shane,

You're not the guy I had in mind I've made my case before (as have others), but I'll sum it up one more time - then I quit.

All of this APBA v. Offshore LLC garbage is racing related. I'd venture to say that the vast majority of those that frequent this board don't really care about what Mike A said on date X, or what 14-H said in response, or what Mike's response was to that response, yadda yadda yadda. If the interested parties feel the need to keep airing their version of the dirty laundry, there is a board devoted to racing issues only. I can't think of a more appropriate subject for the racing board, if not this one; otherwise, why have it? Just eliminate all of the special interest boards and go back to just the G.D. forum. *shrug*

Then, after all the smack has been talked, the dirty laundry cleaned up, and the lawyers have been paid, post the news for all the world to see right on the General Discussion board.

In the end, it really doesn't matter. I have a feeling that offshore racing will continue to lurch along, never quite crossing the line from 'hobby' to 'profession', and IMHO, you can see the reason why in a lot of the attitudes thrown around here (not you Shane - you're all right even when you're wrong ).

No skin off my back either way.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled whining match
Old 07-09-2003, 01:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by ModMachine
Im with Dockrocker on this one.
This crap is getting so deep Im not even sure if i even care anymore.

T2X is right.THis whole thing is not about what is best for us racers.Its not about giving the power back to the members.
It's all about making sure 14-H and his buds are right.
Making sure the evil but enviously successful MAllweiss is Wrong
Its all about winning - beating the other guy ang giving the V sign.
So lets say he does win?
What's he won?
A big pile of charred rubble that used to be the best offshore circuit in the country,killer debt on both sides,continual downsliding with no plans for rescusitation and a membership thats sick of all this APBA vs LLC BS and looking for the closest exit.
The only supporters APBA will get are the old farts most of who already have exposed their envy of MA.It just kills them since Not a one of them can match MA's success.
Theyll sink us all together but in the end,will any of them care?None of them are offshore so of course not.

Bravo.
Real nice job.
That's how I see it, too.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Keep it comin' guys.
This is Offshoreonly. We talk boats. We talk boat racing. We talk about the BS in Boat racing! Don't like it, don't read it.

Old 07-09-2003, 02:00 PM
Registered

I personally don't give a rats ass who runs the show, where the money goes, who gets rich, who gets robbed, who gets pissed , who stays a fan, who is no longer a fan, who likes this thread, who hates this thread, etc. If I can continue to race in events like Savannah, Marathon, and Daytona, than fight to the death for all I care

Last edited by ScottB; 07-09-2003 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Baja,

"Keep it comin' guys.
This is Offshoreonly. We talk boats. We talk boat racing. We talk about the BS in Boat racing! Don't like it, don't read it. "

I agree, Love this controversial stuff.

Good guys vs villains, Fast boats vs slow boats Cats vs V's .......

What's good for offshore boating??? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when has this ever been about "good for offshore boating" or "racers".

THIS IS ABOUT MONEY!!!!!!!!!

Nothing else.

Maximus

go ahead sue me.

Quick Reply: 14-H Responds to Mike A. (again)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.