Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
14-H Responds to Mike A. (again) >

14-H Responds to Mike A. (again)

Notices

14-H Responds to Mike A. (again)

Old 07-09-2003, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how can such smart people be as dumb as this crew , if you doint like this thred DO NOT RESPOND ! doint put down some body else because you doint like what they said. go boating then you doin't have to read our post .
Old 07-10-2003, 05:47 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Troutly
Now there was an intelligent reply
I ran it through the "puder-speak 5000" translator, and this is what came out:

Mary had a little lamb,
little lamb,
little lamb,
Mary had a little lamb,
whose fleece was white as snow...
No idea what that has to do with putting race threads in the forum dedicated to racing issues and discussion, but what do I know?
Old 07-11-2003, 12:36 PM
14-H

5 Second Warning:::::::

Originally posted on Hydroracer:
The 14-H Plan
I'll answer so long as you guys continue to push Mike A. on the issue of his successful LLC. I mean really! The bottom line is the proof. If the LLC is so successful, it should be making money, right? Moreover, a lack of making money is the reason (so it says) the LLC has dropped quite a few Offshore race venues. So even according to Mike A., this is the definition of success.

So here it is. Go to http://www.geocities.com/sponsonhead/index.html

and click on 2003 APBA By-laws Proposal written by Ed Hearn.

This is what I would and did propose. These are the ByLaws which essentially keep the format that the members elect the BOD and the Commissioners who are elected by the members at the Region Meetings elect the Category Chairman. It also includes the provision that the BOD elects the officers (although I could go either way on that one: elected by BOD or by members directly). It also provides for the hiring of competition directors as was provided for in Plan 2000 (although they have a different name). This is what I proposed at the annual meeting in Detroit and it was overwhelmingly approved. Moreover, I received all kinds of proxies from members who could not be there who supported this as well. By the way, these ByLaws are a mesh between the APBA's old bylaws (completely re-written in 1994) and Plan 2000.

Allweiss will now probably go into a tirade about how this was a secret coup. It wasn't though. But even if the members don't like this plan, they can always change it. Allweiss' plan does not allow a majority of the members to do anything. Remember: Allweiss holds a license with the APBA. He has a vested interest in keeping as much control of the APBA as he can. Why do you think he spends so much time trying to convince people that his plan is the best one? Remember, Allweiss' last suggestion to the APBA BOD on how much he should be charged per year for his Offshore license was $1.00.

14-H.

Old 07-11-2003, 12:39 PM
14-H

Question No Respect

Originally posted by Ron P
14-h. I just lost all respect for your position about this case.
Why, because Mr. Allweiss tells everyone that Offshore needed to get a better insurance plan since APBA's was "inadequate" and I point out that HE VOTED FOR IT? 14-H.

Old 07-11-2003, 12:49 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

No,

Becuase it's obvoius that this is a personal issue with you.

The LLC used a different insurance carrier because the money paid for the insurance was not being attributed to the liscence fee. Also, they were being overcharged. Something about offshore racers being able to afford to pay more.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:55 PM
14-H

Default Overcharged

Originally posted by Ron P
No,

***, they were being overcharged. Something about offshore racers being able to afford to pay more.
Overcharged: (ie: rates too high): Maybe. But doesn't it concern you at all that a guy who voted for this insurance plan now thinks it's a bad one when there's a possibility he's not on the APBA BOD anymore? Doesn't this reveal the fact that the cost (while maybe a factor) is not the primary reason for the change? 14-H.

Add: it is personal! Mr. A. has attacked my family and my integrity and he refuses to pony-up any facts to support it and ignores the facts that I confront him with.

Old 07-11-2003, 02:50 PM
Registered

Originally posted by dockrocker
What's this I see? Why, it's a Racer's Forum. You know, where racing issues can be discussed. Imagine that.

If navigating OSO is beyond your abilities, 14-H, you can click here. Feel free to post all the racing "information" you care to, right in the RACE TALK forum.

thanks DR

just what we need over in the racers' forum.

what are you going do?