For those of you who boat at LOTO >

For those of you who boat at LOTO

Notices

For those of you who boat at LOTO

Old 07-09-2003, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Cigracer,

I am taking the props to Hoss Prop. tonight. Danny is checking engine compressions today. Can't get one engine to rev. over 4200 rpm. Egnition fine, plugs are new - I don't know whats going on??? I am trying to be ready for LOTO. If I get it going today, I will be at Drip this weekend.

Are you going Sat or Sun or Both?

RebarBox
Old 07-09-2003, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Docknockersfor crab leggs at the 3mm, The Big Easy Tikki bar at 13mm (great chicken alfredo pizza), Frank and Louie's at 10mm (sand beach and tikki bar).
Old 07-09-2003, 11:14 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by RebarBox
Hey Cigracer,

Are you going Sat or Sun or Both?

RebarBox
I will be there Saturday. I'm never sure about Sunday, after Saturday night!
Old 07-09-2003, 11:39 AM
Registered

Thanks for the replys!

Id love to checkout Party Cove someday, but dont really know anyone from that area to show me around.......
Old 07-09-2003, 12:03 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

You really don't need a tour guide. Just idle in, pass all the way through and then come back. You'll proably get wet somewhere along the way. Find a end of a line and ask to fend off. That's it.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:21 PM
Registered

TROUTLY we need to find you a new avatar. I always picture you being a dirty old man. Then I ran across that picture the other day of you and your lady. I was like, huh?? Thats Troutly!?

I think LOTO is too far to trailer from Mid-Ohio. Unless you can guarantee I'll score!
Old 07-09-2003, 01:56 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Originally posted by Troutly
Just show up for The Shootout in August. There will be many OSO'rs there to lead you down the path to debauchery
To tell you the truth, I am worried about taking the 24ft Outlaw to LOTO for the Shootout. That is going to be a big weekend on the lake and there will be just as many people as a holiday weekend. And after all of the tragedies I have been reading/hearing about, I am worried!
Old 07-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

You'll get beat up for sure. But you'll have a really good time doing it. Make the trip.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:46 PM
bmpnugls

OK, I've been boating on the the Lake of the Ozarks since I was 12 years old (dad's bass boat mostly then)...Since, I've owned a 270 Baja, 29 Warlock World Class V, two 10 Meter Fountains, and now my 34 Silverton Express Cruiser......Let me say....LOTO is like a GIANT BATH TUB.....imagine your home tub with about a dozen 4 year old kids playing in it.....wave action every which way .... and HUGE on the weekends!!!.... Up until this year I had to make a 20 mile water ride from my parents house to Party Cove and back every weekend..... I dreaded doing it in the Baja on the weekends - - NO JOKE my kidneys felt like I was in a heavy weight match with Lenox Lewis!....and I busted 3 sets of trim tab mounts on the Baja....

The Warlock was not bad as long as I kept speed up and the tabs down some so the nose broke some waves - but, I really learned a lot about driving in rough conditions with that boat....UNTIL I made that 20 mile trip one day 'heavy on the throttles' and busted a huge chunk out of the keel pad and transom! and sank the boat!!!! That trip I'd guess I spent 80% of the time in the air......

Now the 10 Meter's handled the water really great...with some tab adjustments, driving, and throttle 'feathering' It was a comfortable ride cruising at about 60mph.....BUT, the following acts did take place in the 10 Meter's......:

- Blew the docking lights out of the nose when I "submarined' the boat behind a group of cruisers leaving party cove (damn it Marvin!)...no joke, water came over the windsheild and would have knocked me out had I not ducked!...

- Racing a 33 Outlaw to BWJ's, stood my first 10 Meter on it's tail (literally, landed and the exhaust/sun pad were partially under water for a split second!!!!)...three people will never ride with me again from that stunt - I thought it was fun!....

-60mph cruise from party cove to BWJ's hit some cruiser wakes and the passenger seat pulled the mounting studs with fender washer and nut through the interior side wall!!... The girlfriend didn't like that much!...

Now with the Silverton, I'm sure the rest of you powerboaters are hating me, because I'm the one throwing those big wakes cruising at 20mph!!...but, damn the ride is nice....I kept telling people this past weekend ..... "It's not that rough, or it doesn't seem like it at a 20mph cruise and with the extra length and beam width"....

As previous replys have stated....you can boat and be safe in just about anything over 25', AS LONG AS you use common sense, and stay aware of your surroundings......Don't ever stop in a small boat on the way to Party Cove in the Glaize arm....your just asking to get swamped!....

Old 07-09-2003, 03:15 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

I am not a "seasoned" power-boater though. The ruffest water I have driven in was at Lake Eufala, OK at the poker run last month. Which I must say really helped me out a lot. Driving the boat 99.9% of the time on little'ol Lake Perry, KS I was timid about driving fast with several boats around me. I have no problem doing it now. I am afraid that LOTO would scare the holy crap out of me.

Quick Reply: For those of you who boat at LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.