Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   For those of you interested in the APBA vs LLC check this out. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/54213-those-you-interested-apba-vs-llc-check-out.html)

Curt 07-14-2003 07:02 PM

Hey Grin, thanks a million. That does help. I wonder why the APBA felt it needed to lease it's name and allow an outsider to run a major segment of it's operation? Also if the APBA is so unhappy with Offshore LLC. why do they not simply terminate the lease and pull everything back in house. That happens in business everyday. I don't know maybe it's just me but I get tired of all the bickering that seems to go on in the sport. I want Reggie back in the fold as well. Anyone that knows why he moved on to SBI please chime in here.
Thanks!

Payton 07-14-2003 07:22 PM

My understanding is, he didn't like the rules that tried to make the boats as equal as possible.

Curt 07-15-2003 05:36 PM

Originally posted by Payton
My understanding is, he didn't like the rules that tried to make the boats as equal as possible.
That could be. I have heard stories about some boats being loaded with 500 lbs. of weight to slow them down etc. This seems unfair to me. I really don't want the APBA to be run like NASCAR. I think that if a manufacturer invests the time and money to build a faster boat then by God they should win every race until another manufacturer invests the money to catch them. For example I liked NASCAR back when they ran real cars, not the clones they run today. Practicaly nothing would beat the Plymouth Superbird and Dodge Daytona back in 69 and 70. Then NASCAR decided they were too fast and outlawed them. The APBA should let the fastest factory boats win the races. Why interfere? Im no expert but I'm from the old school philosophy of win on Sunday, sell on Monday. Then again you could package everything I know about boat racing up in an asprin bottle and still have room for a boat anchor!!:p

THEJOKER 07-15-2003 06:00 PM

Curt:

In the past you could build a boat just about anyway you wanted. Boats were built light and the rich guy's pretty much dominated the sport (Copeland , Norris , Johnson - etc) Now there are mininum weight standards to create an equal playing field and for safety issues. Technology is on the edge also. Can you imagine a 525 hp fuel injected F1 Boat that weighed 3800 lbs? I could go on and on - basically it's pretty darn good these days in APBA Offshore - BH

Dixie Doug 07-16-2003 09:07 AM

Originally posted by Curt
Hey Grin, thanks a million. That does help. I wonder why the APBA felt it needed to lease it's name and allow an outsider to run a major segment of it's operation? Also if the APBA is so unhappy with Offshore LLC. why do they not simply terminate the lease and pull everything back in house. That happens in business everyday. I don't know maybe it's just me but I get tired of all the bickering that seems to go on in the sport. I want Reggie back in the fold as well. Anyone that knows why he moved on to SBI please chime in here.
Thanks!

Sometime before LLC you couldn't even make plans or reservations to go to an offshore race.I know of times you had to call the day before a race to see if it's still on.I've had my tickets to Key West for at least a month now.When they(LLC) say it going to happen it will .