Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
One of the worst months of my life (a little self pitty and some ranting) >

One of the worst months of my life (a little self pitty and some ranting)

Notices

One of the worst months of my life (a little self pitty and some ranting)

Old 07-15-2003, 06:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

posted by cuda
I hope this doesn't sound wrong, but if that's the worst month of your life, you've had a charmed life indeed. There is nothing there that can't be fixed eventually. As FeverMike pointed out, sometime things happen that cannot possibly be fixed, and those are true problems indeed.
Don't take all the stuff in as one lump. Pick out one problem, or one peice of a problem and set about fixing it. Just pull up the old bootstraps and get with it.
Believe me, there have been points in my life where if your problems were all I had, I would think I was in Disney World. Stay focused, and never ever give up.
Cuda said it best.
I've been there, done that. And then some.
Except for losing my wife. If it wasn't for her strength I wouldn't have made it at all.
We were so down the hole that everytime we saw light at the end of the tunnel, it turned out to be the headlamp of an oncoming train.
I learned to handle one problem at a time. I just had to stop and figure out what it would take to correct it and follow that plan. Pretty soon all our problems were fixed.

Don't despair. It'll get better.
Remember, when you're starting at the bottom the only way to go is up.
So, pick your self up by the bootstrap, jockstrap, whatever it takes and get going. And don't look back.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally posted by jpclear
Some years ago I was just as dejected as I thought a person could ever get due to a series of circumstances not unlike yours. I looked up and wailed,"Why Me?" And a little voice came from out of nowhere saying,"Cheer up. Things could be much worse!" So I cheered up and, sure enough, things got much worse! Just don't give up. --- Jer
amen...
Old 07-16-2003, 05:02 PM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'Foul,

I would gladly take on all of your problems for you, if it would bring my brother back. And I don't even have it as bad as my sister-in-law, who lost the man that she loved for over 25 years, or her four children, who lost their Daddy, or my Mom, who gets to relive losing her son for her birthday present this Friday. Look around, man! I read a saying that we can choose to be happy or sad. It is up to the individual. I have been pretty sad the last week or so, and I miss my bro, but that doesn't mean that I haven't laughed with my friends and family about the old times. If you can still crack a smile, you will be OK.

Hope we both have some good luck soon...
Old 07-16-2003, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I know how things can seem as low as they can get.But I'm here to tell you it will be OK again you will find another job and woman and if you can get off 500 bucks i have a lap top Ican sell ya. Keep your chin up. it will be normal again. let me know what you need for your boat im in that business i can and will help i have had it worse! most people know about what i went through in2001 with losing my son and his mother in an accident so full steam ahead we are here and remember...........NEVER,NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2003, 09:44 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I normally don't post to anything other than just boat stuff, but for what it's worth:

I think we've all had the bad break up thing, so no more needs to be said about that.

Two weeks after I bought my Top Gun hull last fall, I was diagnosed with very serious cancer. When the oncologist told me, I started laughing. He said 'No, you don't understand, you have very aggressive cancer and you need a very invasive 8 - hour surgery'. I said Doctor, I realize that, but this isn't going to get me; I have things to do, I want to see my neice and nephew grow up, I want to spend time with my family and friends, and I need to finish my boat!!!!

So I had the surgery and focused not on the problem, but getting my boat done. The support I got from family and friends was incredible. Now, I'm about 75% healed and the boat gets splashed for the first time this Saturday.

Not to sound harsh, but one of my favorite expressions is 'There are no victims, only volunteers'. Problems can be turned into opportunities if you make them. From my cancer I learned what an incredible network of family and friends I have. I'm sure you have lot's of people out there who are on your side.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 07-17-2003, 09:59 AM
Registered

I feel ya man I lost my high school g/f of 5 years last month (really bad break up too) my boat motor popped my cars torn apart, my cell phone is broke and my truck is a p.o.s.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:28 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Think your life is bad? Just think how bad the life of an egg is....
You only get laid once.
You only get eaten once.
It takes four minutes to get hard. Two minutes to get soft.
You share the box with eleven others.
And the only chick that ever sat on your face was your mother.

Now dont you feel better?

Old 07-18-2003, 12:02 AM
Captainblondee

Haven't a clue why I decided to check out this thread.. but odd as it seems...it was certianly a pick me up at a time when I was in desperate need of a shoulder to lean on...

Foul..everyone of us have had our share of ups and downs...each of us are as strong as an ox emotionally...men and women... until we get slapped in the face with a mountian of crap all at one time

Then we find ourselves ranting and reaching out for the shoulder of friends to lean on...that is what friends are for....

It was a delight to read through this thread and see that none of us are to proud to share our feelings and concerns and be supporive of our fellow oso friends...

I have surgery schedled for tuesday morning... and if I had my way I'd rather take Slighty Trashed (my boat) out on the lake for the day and save myself about $15,000 but that isn't an option...
I have no clue how I will pay that hospital bill and half the other bills I have right now...but in the end I will...and most impotantly I will have my health and that is what counts...all those other things can be replaced if need be.

So like you, I can only pull up my boot straps and keep going....hoping that soon things will be better..

So Foul rant and rave all you want, because I think everyone will agree.....it helps when we go there...and eventually things will turn around and we can all write a thread about all the good **** in our lives... and laugh at all the crap that happned to us this year...

SEE EVERYONE HAS TO FIX THERE BOAT AT LEAST ONCE
SO FIX THE BOAT...
Attached Thumbnails One of the worst months of my life (a little self pitty and some ranting)-holeinslightly1.jpg