Notices

Boating in tampa bay

Old 07-14-2003, 09:30 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

see ya on the water, hey Nast Habit, Nebulos, Kitten, & Danger Kitty when are you all movin west?
Old 07-14-2003, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't overlook Cape Coral either. I have made a few trips down there but have not convinced the wife yet...
Old 07-14-2003, 09:50 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Default I'm sold!

Old 07-14-2003, 11:22 AM
JGB
Registered

Boating in Tampa Bay is Awesome!

Year round boating, Attractions, amenities, airports, waterfront living, etc. etc.

It is a great place to live and boat

Jim
Old 07-14-2003, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i am sold , i will be there by the end of aug. I will need someone to show me around the waterways. I am looking at a house in tarpon springs, what do you guys think of that area up there, it seems to be a little cheaper, would that be an ok area or should i look more tword clearwater.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:53 AM
JGB
Registered

what's your price range? Tarpon Springs is nice, though I prefer an area that is a central boating area. I live in S. St. Pete where I have easy access to tampa and tampa bay, manatee/sarasota, St. Pete/clearwater, the ICW and very easy access to the gulf. Figure out what you will be doing most, and also you will need DEEP WATER for whatever house you find. Please physically inspect the property/dock for water depth, and local nautical charts. It might give you ahead start in the areas you should be looking at?

Good Luck
Old 07-14-2003, 12:03 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

deep water front CHA CHING $$$$$$
Old 07-14-2003, 01:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Tarpon's a really nice area. I a little out of the way, in terms of the 'hot spots' but it's still close enough to be able to cruise quickly to the more popular areas. Tarpon is certainly quieter and more laid back; You could find more land up there at a lower cost than further south into Clearwater and St. Pete.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hugetime, Cant take the Lake anymore ?? Ill have my Cig down there in Pasadena (St Petes Beach) around Nov 1st thru April 15th. Also Steve Britton from the lake has his Cafe Racer down there all winter in Tierra Verdia

Bob Scanlon
Old 07-14-2003, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bob, just something I have always wanted to do, I go down every winter, and I never want to go home, I love it down there, but i have never boated there that is why i put this post up, so I could get some input about boating in the area. As far as the lake goes, it gets boring after a while, that is why I have been going to the 1000 islands so much, I guess i just want a change, I want to get a little more into the fast lane. I could stay here another winter and freeze my ass off or I could be boating all winter, and for those rare occasions I want to snowmobile its only a 3 hour flight home. but if you are down there I am sure we will have some fun with the boats, Britton is always good for a few laughs.

Quick Reply: Boating in tampa bay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.