Notices

Completed Bullet Project

Old 07-14-2003, 07:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Biggus,
Thanks Kurt. Splashed the boat just yesterday for the 1st time since sea trial in Nashville last August. The stock 365's are nice and dependable. But when I launched it I was not what I was used to in the other Bullet I have.
Stan
Old 07-14-2003, 07:59 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice job. Looks great.

Jon
Old 07-14-2003, 08:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hotrod2,
Yes, "dirty water" definetly sucks. This boat was used to fresh water and just did not want to get wet yesterday. I've been working off and on the boat since last August. Had it in a friends shop for a few months during the winter but had to get it out in January. Been working on it like crazy since April and if it was'nt for the soup for weather we had a month ago it would have been done a few weeks ago. It's hard to put a time frame on the duration of the dash/black project. I would try to do as much in the garage and outside rain drops permitting. I used black imron with Dupont flattener 4531s to keep the gloss down. Took me a while to get the correct mixture to the desired effect. Everything had to be done in 1 pot to make everything match. As you can see everthing was stripped and coffee cans filled with screws if you know what I mean.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:05 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hey Im all for the Original look but, some gaffrigs and and new white Imron dash would have looked killer
Old 07-14-2003, 08:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fred,
Thanks, previous owner just had no interest in the boat after a while. He had health problems that limited his ability to get in and out of the boat and just gave up on it. He did have a huge 80 something foot yacht a few slips over.

Jon,
Thanks also... took a while but its finally done. A few small minor details to go.

Brian,
I thought about the white dash look just as Sean's but wanted this close to being original as possible. Gaffrigs definetly the "touch" but the boat is FOR SALE and I'm sure the future owner will do that. Everybody has got to think I'm absolutely nuts after all this work but its a hell of a hobby taking a piece of %^&* and turning brand new again. After all the hours I have in this I could have worked in Burger King and made more. But its something I like to do.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cig...boat looks awesome...how much are looking to get for it?
Old 07-14-2003, 09:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hi Sean, Hows your boat getting along? At this point I'm taking offers on it. I would like to get hi 40's to low 50's after I'm done with the trailer. Boat runs sweet, had no problems at all yesterday. Oh, BTW... Looking foward to the Claudios thing in August. We're going to take a few days off towards the end of that week and stay at Brewers. Is anyone else "camping" out that you know of?
Old 07-14-2003, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default color

The paint color was chesen by the customers wife. The dash boards then where all black, we where using Stewart Warner guages then, it was pre-gaffrig. Great job getting her back to new.
Old 07-14-2003, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The boat looks great !!! You should'nt have a problem selling her !
Like Too Old said..These older project boats are a blast !
Old 07-14-2003, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cig, cafe's coming along nicely, albeit slow...the dash and everthing is back together and is done...the motors are going in this week. I'll post some pics in about a week...I'm actually very pleased so far...

we'll certainly be ready for the Summer Fun Run and look forward to seeing you there. I doubt you'll have much trouble selling the Bullet...price seems about right.

Quick Reply: Completed Bullet Project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.