Notices

Proposal for Mike A.

Old 07-14-2003, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PS: It might sound outlandish, but it ain't. I once came to a dead end when negotiating a larger deal in the corporate world. A tad larger thanthe pathetic amounts that are at stake here. Neither party wanted to budge. So my opponent said: "What do you want us to do? Flip for it?"

"Why not?"

We flipped.

I was lucky.

Paid for several boats ....
Old 07-15-2003, 07:01 AM
Registered

To be honest, Mike A's proposal is the only one I have seen that makes sense. Congratulations Mike.

The only "problem" I could see is the two parties going after the same race sites, that could get a little sticky.

But he is right and has made a generous offer to agree without any further legal action to "share" the APBA Offshore designation so that they buyer can choose.

Rick
Max Q Racing P4-99
Old 07-15-2003, 07:01 AM
Registered

Originally posted by MrOffshore
This is interesting, I see Mike A. has stepped up to the plate and offered what certainly seems fair...and now there is no reaction?? What's up with that? This is what I freaking hate about threads like this...someone posts something to cause an uproar...and then doesn't even follow his own thread...or else has been shutup with a response he certainly didn't expect.

I don't have a problem with someone laying it out there on a public forum...hell, that's what they're here for if you really think about it. But when someone steps up like Mike A. has and then there is no response I pretty much lose all respect for the attacking party.

Let's hear a response...it's been laid out there, so let's hear it!

Oh...and if anyone really does the duel...count me out as a sideline spectator...I don't think I need a stray lead slug heading my way and the only thing I have to block my melon is a tub of popcorn!
Not taking any side here, but, maybe 14-H hasn't logged back in since he last posted? I see the thread was started in the evening and quite possibly he had other things to do. Again, not taking sides, just trying to be fair.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:05 AM
Registered

Originally posted by dockrocker
Obviously, you've missed the fact that this sort of thing is of utmost importance to OSO members! Well, to 14-H and maybe 2 or 3 others....
dockrocker,

Please avoid these type threads if they anger or frustrate you. To some, maybe 2 or 3, or maybe 20 or 30, there is an interest. This is an offshore boating site and the topic is about the sport that lead to high performance boating that you enjoy on a recreational basis today. I simply cannot understand why the people who do not care about this topic read threads that are clearly designated to discuss this topic. Again, I am not being confrontational. I avoid threads that are not of interest to me. It is pretty simply...do not click on them. Geesh!
Old 07-15-2003, 08:01 AM
Registered

Boat race. Neutral ground. Two boats. Two guys.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:12 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Shane
dockrocker,

Please avoid these type threads if they anger or frustrate you. To some, maybe 2 or 3, or maybe 20 or 30, there is an interest. This is an offshore boating site and the topic is about the sport that lead to high performance boating that you enjoy on a recreational basis today. I simply cannot understand why the people who do not care about this topic read threads that are clearly designated to discuss this topic. Again, I am not being confrontational. I avoid threads that are not of interest to me. It is pretty simply...do not click on them. Geesh!
Sorry, it's WAY too entertaining to make fun of people that are - theoretically - adults, but run around on public internet boards acting like 6 year old children.

Please, continue, this is really good stuff - not quite as entertaining as a catmando "George W. Bush is the reincarnation of Hitler" type thread, but lots of fun nonetheless.

No offense intended, of course
Old 07-15-2003, 08:19 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Dredgeking
settle it with pistols at high noon and get it over with for christ's sakes.
Aw, man, that just opens a whole new can of worms - I can hear it now:

14-H: Back in the days when we really had duels, we had to build the pistols ourselves! And we made our own ammunition! Single-shot, muzzle-loading, those were REAL duels.

T2x: And none of these modern, "rifled" barrels that cause all sorts of spooking patterns. Classic, traditional smooth bores only, that's the way.

Mike A: But look at how popular the new, short barrel, chrome finished factory special automatic is. Lots of people love this new look.

Fever Mike, et al: Yep, the new pistols and duel format are great - lots of excitement, lots of fans!

T2x: Of course, if you want to really duel, you have to go hand to hand with knives - one in each hand.

etc etc....
Again, no offense intended, just stirrin' the pot a bit, and hopefully mixing in a smile or two...
Old 07-15-2003, 08:32 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by Baja Daze
Let's face it, Offshore was broke and losing favor quickly in the late 90's, Mike and his partners came in and fixed it beyond most expectations, now it's appealing again, isn't it?

Not to mention the Merc rep. on the board...I'm sure he just loved it when GM got involved...what's his name, Hauenstein?(sp)

Baja ...you made some good points...but sometimes the "hype" overwhelms even the best of us.

Actually Offshore was doing very well under Gene Whipp... It was growing and had tremendous popularity with the racers...and the rest of APBA..... Gene was a team builder with a vision that included rather than excluded...and there was no back biting or bickering of any note at that time. Gene had tremendous leadership ability and didn't make unilateral decisions, nor make calculated money or power grabs. To paint the sport at that time as some kind of a loser series that needed "salvation" is a disservice to Gene...and is simply not true.

As far as Mercury and Fred Hauenstein are concerned.... They have been there for the racers for decades........ Yes, they made money.... They are not communists..... But, they also supported the sport...wrote off many equipment replacements that could have been charged as racing damage and not their responsibility... and used their marketing strength to assist all classes and products...including their competitors.

There is a pattern here... a pattern that has resulted in public rebuttals by both APBA and Mercury Marine...and private ones by dozens of other companies and individuals involved with offshore racing and performance regarding the current situation. While I agree that you can't please everybody and you shouldn't try...... you also can't burn every bridge and destroy people whom you climb over on your journey......

What goes around..............

T2x

P.S. I whole heartedly endorse Mike A's plan....as long as he gets the LLC out of the APBA.

Last edited by T2x; 07-15-2003 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:36 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

They would need to agree to run races on alternative dates, non of this stepping on each others events.

What's with the judge in NY? Hasn't he ruled yet?
Old 07-15-2003, 08:38 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

"T2x: Of course, if you want to really duel, you have to go hand to hand with knives - one in each hand. ".... originally posted by Dock Rocker

Nah....... around here the only knives you see are sticking out of your back.

T2x

Quick Reply: Proposal for Mike A.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.