Notices

Sandusky Tall Ships

Old 07-15-2003, 08:34 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

No Sandbar in the back bay just stay in the channel and have fun.

The sandbar Teambaja is talking about is located (picture a triangle) across from Cedar Point and Battery Park. Take a look at a chart and you will be fine just don't try to cut the sandbar too soon because it does go out a long way. There are channel markers in the Bay to help you navigate the area but I would still study a chart the whole area is shallow.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott, have you ever gotten out and went for a long walk at the sandbar? You probaby find yourself turning around before you would ever run out of shallow water.

My depth finder isnt hooked up yet, so Im not ready to head over there. Ive pretty much been there several times a year since I was a baby, and cant wait to take the kids over now that I have a boat. They'll love the shallow water.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:39 AM
Registered

Greg,
Where is a good place to put in w/out a lot of crazyness to it?
Old 07-15-2003, 10:55 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

"Scott, have you ever gotten out and went for a long walk at the sandbar? You probably find yourself turning around before you would ever run out of shallow water. "

Yes and I agree it goes out a long way that is why the channel markers are there I just wanted to be clear on where the sandbar is located and not have him go into the back bay looking for a sandbar. The only bar I have found back there this year is located at Friday's

I would put in at the city of Sandusky ramp this is the only ramp that is in great condition in the area you want to hang out in. They have 4 large easy to use ramps that cost $5.00 for a in and out. The guy that runs it is very helpful. The DNR also has a dock there and give out courtesy checks they are not aggressive and seem to like gofasts as long as you are not way over the DB limit they wont say a word and they do not have a meter
Old 07-15-2003, 11:08 AM
Registered

I have never launched in Sandusky, so Im not sure. Always on the other side of the bay or lake.

Scott, what I meant was have you ever just took a long walk out into the sandbar with your kids or anything? Im wanting to take mine out there soon. Thats one of my best memories as a kid, running in that shallow water for what seems like forever.

I think those channel markers could be confusing for someone not familiar with that area. Ive heard alot of crazy stories of beached boats over there (although I have never actually witnessed any).

I havent made it over to Fridays yet this year. The last time I was over there (last year) I was so sick from a bad hangover I tried ordering one french fry on a plate. The waitress thought I was joking but I wasnt!
Old 07-15-2003, 11:43 AM
Registered

Thanks again for all the insight
Old 07-15-2003, 12:03 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

O.K enough already TeamBaja yes I have and yes we are on the same page so stop trying to convince me of how long the sandbar is or I will have Tony B-slap you upside the head if you go with him to the creek

Luv-N-It,
I dock at Cedar Point Marina slip #823 You are more than welcome to stop by and use my chart if TeamBaja has you totally freaked out about the sandbar Just come on down and enjoy the area if you need anything I will be in the area all weekend if you need info or want my cell number just P.M. me and I will make sure you get it. I would post it here but I don't want TeamBaja calling me to tell me how long the sandbar is I KNOW!
Old 07-15-2003, 12:48 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Scott
O.K enough already TeamBaja yes I have and yes we are on the same page so stop trying to convince me of how long the sandbar is or I will have Tony B-slap you upside the head if you go with him to the creek

Luv-N-It,
I dock at Cedar Point Marina slip #823 You are more than welcome to stop by and use my chart if TeamBaja has you totally freaked out about the sandbar Just come on down and enjoy the area if you need anything I will be in the area all weekend if you need info or want my cell number just P.M. me and I will make sure you get it. I would post it here but I don't want TeamBaja calling me to tell me how long the sandbar is I KNOW!

WTF?

Damn dude, I was just asking you if you ever had a chance to do that since you are obviously in that area alot. Something I like to do.

Maybe you should start drinking and loosen the f**k up a little bit.

As smart a guy as you are, I would have never guessed you needed a chart!
Old 07-15-2003, 01:10 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

"As smart a guy as you are, I would have never guessed you needed a chart!"

sorry I lost my X-Ray vision years ago
Old 07-15-2003, 01:17 PM
Registered

sandbar????? what happened to us all gettin fubar at Bag the moon

Ask and ye shall reccive

TEAM BAJA,
Attached Thumbnails Sandusky Tall Ships-bitchslap.gif  

Last edited by THRILLSEEKER; 07-15-2003 at 01:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Sandusky Tall Ships

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.