Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run Aug 1&2... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/55314-little-creek-regatta-hrpa-chesapeake-bay-poker-run-aug-1-2-a.html)

Offshoreracr 04-21-2004 10:22 PM

There is nothing wrong with a love for fast boats at a young age. If you really like to wash and wax, my boat is in Pungo not far from you and you are welcome to clean it any time you want,
Tommy

R Addiction 04-21-2004 11:59 PM

Reckless, how long of a run is this? Miles wise.:confused: :)

Vyper340 04-22-2004 06:29 AM

102 miles, give or take. Perhaps a little too long for those with small gas tanks... fortunately the LCR also offers a "pleasure boater" course that covers a smaller distance... :D

Macklin 04-22-2004 06:35 AM

Dave.....you're killin' me!! :D :D :D

CBlakeNS 04-22-2004 08:55 AM

Originally posted by Offshoreracr
There is nothing wrong with a love for fast boats at a young age. If you really like to wash and wax, my boat is in Pungo not far from you and you are welcome to clean it any time you want,
Tommy

Haha :) Are you right up there by that high rise bridge where they have the Captain Georges resturant and the beach area??

R Addiction 04-22-2004 09:01 AM

Are there fuel stops along the way?:)

Reckless32 04-22-2004 10:10 AM

R Addiction the course is approximately 95-100 miles by gps track, and yes there are fuel stops all over but alongside Vyper340 is where I'm going for the best prices....FREE!!!!:D He'll need to be lightened a bit anyway if he wants to reclaim that bouy...:p

Young Mr Blake it sounds like Offshoreracr may have a full time job for you...;) And also to answer your question, yes there are "mostly" stock powerboats in the long run and your dad's F271 502 is plenty enough to do the trick.

CBlakeNS 04-22-2004 09:38 PM

Originally posted by Reckless32
R Addiction the course is approximately 95-100 miles by gps track, and yes there are fuel stops all over but alongside Vyper340 is where I'm going for the best prices....FREE!!!!:D He'll need to be lightened a bit anyway if he wants to reclaim that bouy...:p

Young Mr Blake it sounds like Offshoreracr may have a full time job for you...;) And also to answer your question, yes there are "mostly" stock powerboats in the long run and your dad's F271 502 is plenty enough to do the trick.

Nice, cant wait im getting so anxious so im gonna make my dad do it, im actually gonna talk to him tonight about printing off the registration form and go ahead and sending it in!

Cignificant 04-23-2004 05:01 AM

Originally posted by Offshoreracr
Steve, how is finishing the project going? Can't wait to see the new paint job.
Worked 'til 9:30pm on it last night. Engines are in and running, cockpit is almost re-installed. If "Maxx" (John R) ever gets my steering done I'll splash next weekend (may 1st).

Macklin 04-23-2004 06:27 AM

Good luck Steve. Can't wait to see the new ride! ;)

Vyper340 04-23-2004 06:38 AM

Reckless - I'll be waiting with siphon hose in hand at the first stop for you, FREE as promised. If you get in a pickle before you actually get there I'll be monitoring channel 16 and I can bring the buoy out for you to see... :p

fastedy 04-23-2004 06:41 AM

Let me get this strait, are you saying that the Little creek Poker Run is 90 to 100 miles long, I put in a hundred gallons in last year and had a ton of gas left over, I thaught it was more like 70 miles, I guess I get alot better milage than I thought.

Eddie

CBlakeNS 04-23-2004 10:22 PM

Ok, I was talking to my dad more about it today, and he said that we are probably gonna do it, but he was asking me what were the stops and more information about it...

Could someone type up like detailed info about the "fast poker run" itself?

Macklin 04-24-2004 06:51 AM

Young Mr Blake, there is a map of the course displayed in the very first post of this thread. You can save that picture to your hard drive and print it out. ;)

The only change this year is the lunch stop will be in downtown Norfolk at Waterside / Hooters.

CBlakeNS 04-24-2004 12:41 PM

Ok Macklin--thanks alot, appreciate it!!!!!!!!

CBlakeNS 04-24-2004 12:45 PM

The picture is actually to small to read it and when enlarged to blury to read it!!

Does anyone have the bigger version of it??

CBlakeNS 04-25-2004 12:10 PM

Come on now, I know someone has the enlarged view!!

Vyper340 04-25-2004 02:11 PM

To summarize the run:
1. Start at Little Creek harbor inlet
2. First stop and card at Rudee inlet
3. Second stop and card at the Narrows on Broad Bay
4. Third stop and card in Hampton
5. Fourth stop and card downtown Norfolk with lunch at Hooter's
6. Last stop and finish back at Little Creek

SuperHawaii40 or Reckless32 have the original picture

CBlakeNS 04-26-2004 01:33 PM

Originally posted by Vyper340
To summarize the run:
1. Start at Little Creek harbor inlet
2. First stop and card at Rudee inlet
3. Second stop and card at the Narrows on Broad Bay
4. Third stop and card in Hampton
5. Fourth stop and card downtown Norfolk with lunch at Hooter's
6. Last stop and finish back at Little Creek

SuperHawaii40 or Reckless32 have the original picture

Alright thanks, ill make sure that I tell my dad.

What type of boat is going to be the pace boat?

Reckless32 04-26-2004 02:05 PM

Let me get this strait, are you saying that the Little creek Poker Run is 90 to 100 miles long, I put in a hundred gallons in last year and had a ton of gas left over, I thaught it was more like 70 miles, I guess I get alot better milage than I thought.
Fastedy including the no-wakes from start to finish at the dock in Little Creek, my handheld read 99 miles tracked. Of course that could vary depending on whether some corners are cut inside the channels, or if a stop is skipped. I as the coordinator and course briefer, ran the course exactly as lyed out. This year the course is slightly modified and should take maybe 6-10 miles off that giver or take. We will not be going deep inside Broad Bay as we have in the past due to the unpopular long no-wake, especially when it's hot. We will hit Lynnhaven as an in/out stop.

As Vyper340 mentioned the lunch has been moved to the Hooters at Norfolk Waterside, and we will use the city marina. This will hopefully provide a more expeditious docking and a more advantagious viewpoint while eating. Not to mention the ladies can take a quick stroll around what is a nice area should they desire.

The ending festivities of the day still includes a Margaritaville type of event in the marina grassy area to entertain while folks are walking the docks; taking showers; or trailering the boats. The pre and post event parties will remain the same as in terms of schedule and format.

Get in now as the discount date of June 1st is fast approaching and we expect several more participants than ever before as we stretch to find our maximum capacity, if there ever will be....

Reckless32 04-26-2004 02:15 PM

2004 DATES ARE AUGUST 6 & 7.........NOT 1 & 2....

BTW.....Just wanted to be sure everyone knows the 2004 dates are the 6th & 7th NOT as the original post title from last year states as the 1st & 2nd..

CBlakeNS 04-26-2004 06:10 PM

What is the pace boat going to be this year?

excursion 04-26-2004 06:22 PM

PACE BOAT????? WHAT????

CBlakeNS 04-26-2004 06:28 PM

Haha I thought there was a pace boat in every poker run where mostly all the boats run together....?

Reckless32 04-26-2004 06:49 PM

Vyper340 says he's pacin' again this year for the "bouy"....:p

CBlakeNS 04-26-2004 06:53 PM

What is he going to pace with?

Reckless32 04-26-2004 10:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
His attitude?....

Young Mr Blake, as of now we have no need for a pace boat. The first two legs are somewhat open since it's big open water, and the few who challenges the other adrenaline junkies, settles down after that. Otherwise it's a good casual pace for the most part as all take in the scenery and enjoy the run while taking pictures of others...Preferably digital so we can all share afterwards via email...;)

BTW this is Macklin and his bride Diane at the Rudee Inlet first stop...

Reckless32 04-26-2004 10:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yours truly on the right conjoling with Donziman2 at last years lunch stop at Marina Shores...:cool:

Reckless32 04-26-2004 10:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Again, yours truly making my approach to the first stop last year inside Rudee Inlet...The FIRST "bouy" boat had come and gone,while the LAST "bouy" boat tied up for a quick Bloody Mary at Rudee's restaurant (see we're very casual). BTW, the LAST "bouy" boat won first place in the poker hand draw... :eek:

Reckless32 04-26-2004 10:51 PM

Okay, I know folks are asking what is the "BOUY" boat thing about? Well my father in-law who volunteers to man the first stop with his buds, inadvertently and surprisingly, started what may well be a long standing traditon on their own of providing a crab pot bouy, along with the poker chip, that was found at some point during his and his wifes summer beach walks, and painted in red, white, and blue stripes (they're all very patriotic and former vets) by him as a novel token to the first boat to arrive at the first stop, and as well to the last boat to pick up a "CHIP" at the first stop. Later this transcended into a badge of "unceremonious honor" and subsequently as stated before, it was the LAST bouy recipient who had taken the top hand and the big bounty.
Moral of the story is you don't have to be the "quickest" to be the top dog in the end.......BUT, "unceremoniously" you're acknowledged....;)

Reckless32 04-26-2004 11:03 PM

I guess I should add that the first bouy recipient's bouy, is hanging proudly in the last bouy recipient's Irish bar and restaurant (meaing owner of O'Leary's) which is conveniently located where the bunch of HRPA member's congregate on a typical winter's Friday night includng your's truly....So since it's located proudly in plain view it continues to be a proud topic of conversation, especially of the one who is most proudest of it's existence......huh Vype....;)

Macklin 04-27-2004 06:40 AM

Damn Rick......doing some serious late night post 'hoing! ;) The pics are great, keep them coming. :D

CBlakeNS 04-27-2004 08:44 AM

Very nice, I really hope we do this im looking forward to it for sure!!!

Do you have anymore pictures from last years run?

BillR 04-27-2004 10:07 AM

Originally posted by CBlakeNS
What is the pace boat going to be this year?
A PowerQuest 340 Vyper. :D ;) :p :D

CBlakeNS 04-27-2004 08:21 PM

Alright guys, thanks for the info im just about to give my dad everything.