Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run Aug 1&2... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/55314-little-creek-regatta-hrpa-chesapeake-bay-poker-run-aug-1-2-a.html)

Reckless32 07-24-2003 05:00 PM

Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run Aug 6&7 (2004)...

1 Attachment(s)
[I've made changes to reflect 2004 dates which are August 6 & 7]

The ONLY multi-boat event on the east coast that involves not only performance powerboaters, but sailboater's, fishing boaters, and cruiser/family boats alike in a single event.

TWO party's
FOUR T-shirts
FOUR passes to TWO party's (5:30pm-10pm with live bands)
FOUR for the lunch stop (Hooters Norfolk Waterside)
Margaritaville immediately following run from 3-6pm
Silent auctions
Raffles
"Ditty-bags" with giveaway goodies
Helicopter photos
FIVE prizes for top five hands beginning with $1000
SIX stops
SEVEN card stud (top five wins with six and seven as tie-breakers)

Here's the kicker......All this for [B]ONLY $175.00[B] . Best poker run deal on the east coast and registration remains unlimited until a maximum is realized. If you postmark your entry's by June 1st it's only $150.00

For registration info go to www.littlecreekregatta.org

Nauti-Props 07-24-2003 07:44 PM

I'll be there with the new boat! The boat went into the water at the factory and ran...... Doug was cutting off 2 and half inches off of the sportmasters and gining it a go. So far so good. The boat will be divered sometime saturday!

Cignificant 07-24-2003 09:11 PM

You go Nauti!! Maybe I'll ride with you and save some gas.

Reckless32 07-24-2003 09:13 PM

Wow! Great news! Can't wait to see it....

BillR 07-25-2003 06:51 AM

This years run looks better than last year. Plus the amount of boats already signed, should be some grat hardware out there.

Reckless32 07-25-2003 07:53 AM

Marina Shores is offering "free" forklifts into the water and will park your trailer in support of the event. A lot of our folks keep their boat there as well and I live just down the canal on the water. http://www.maptech.com/mymaps/mymaps.cfm?mid=31286|56545768214634

As best I know Cobb's Marina ramp is usable. The new city ramp located at the western base of Lesner Bridge (Lynnhaven Inlet) is more than enough for large boats with a nice ramp/dock and is a 10 minute ride around to Little Creek Harbor. The bridge/inlet/ramp is located on Shore Drive just east of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. http://www.maptech.com/mymaps/mymaps.cfm?mid=31285|56545768214634

East Beach Marina is just a short walk down the street from the where the party's will be held which is in the parking lot adjacent to Bay Point Marina/Grill. It's located on Pretty Lake Avenue (Norfolk) just off Shore Drive to the west. Bay Point will have limited slips available, but East Beach should have plenty as well as Marina Shores. http://www.maptech.com/mymaps/mymaps.cfm?mid=31283|56545768214634

45sonic 07-25-2003 09:29 AM

Rick,
Great information. We feel much more comfortable about where we are going.

Thanks.
Patti and Bill

Reckless32 07-25-2003 10:13 AM

Here's some more info guys....

LCR SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Welcome to the
2003 Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run in support of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital

Friday, August 1st:
5:30 p.m. Registration; gates open 50/50 Raffle & Silent Auction begins. Interim entertainment by George Seltzer
7:00 p.m. Mandatory Captain’s meetings (sailboats, poker runs, & fishing tournament)
7:30 p.m. Pre-race Party continues with entertainment by the band "Hot Cakes".
Catering by Pizza Hut

Saturday, August 2nd:
8:00 a.m. Participant Continental breakfast (Bay Point Grille).
VIP vessel, "Victory Rover", departs Nauticus (by invitation only).
8:30 a.m. Spectator vessel, "Nautical Adventures", departs Bay Point Marina.
9:00 a.m. Children’s Fishing for a Cure Tournament (Lynnhaven Fishing Pier) begins.
9:20 a.m. Little Creek Regatta Cup sailing race starts.
10:00 a.m. HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run cruiser/family boats start.
10:15 a.m. HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run “performance” boats begins.
3:00 p.m. "Margaritaville" opens, Entertainment by Calypso Nuts steel drum band (Bay Point Grille).
5:30 p.m. Post-race party gates open;
Catering by the Virginia Diner / interim entertainment by Nancy Schwegler.
6:45 p.m. Chesapeake Bay Fishing for a Cure Tournament Awards.
7:00 p.m. Chesapeake Bay Poker Run “best hands” Awards.
7:15 p.m. Little Creek Cup sailing race Awards.
7:30 p.m. Entertainment by Ten Spot.
8:15 p.m. Silent Auction closes.
8:45 p.m. Little Creek Regatta Fundraising, Silent Auction, 50/50 raffle Awards.

Man, all this for only [B]$150.00 !!![B]

Late registration runs up to the night before at the first party Friday August 1st at 5:30pm....

Or send in now via...
www.littlecreekregatta.org

Reckless32 07-25-2003 02:03 PM

Hey Nauti, when's the boat (38ZX, 525's) getting here tomorrow? You gonna have that 10 hours break-in done by next weekend?....:cool:

Nauti-Props 07-25-2003 03:36 PM

The boat will be here tomorrow! Don't know what time..sometime in the afternoon.... I talked to Doug Valentine this am and the boat ran great...better than my expection with Merc Labs. Doug ran the slip calculations and feels the boat should run faster with the Hydromotives. The Hydros are on back order...oh well......look out Dave!

Macklin 07-25-2003 04:23 PM

Originally posted by Nauti-Props
oh well......look out Dave!
:D :D :D :D :D

Cignificant 07-25-2003 07:58 PM

Thunder, what time will you be hitting I64 east? I plan on leaving Richmond at 11:00am (miss traffic). Maybe we can tow down together?

Reckless32 07-28-2003 12:39 PM

Okay I'm gonna bring this post alive as we're in the final push towards Friday Night. Hey Cig, where are you tying up Fri/Sat night? East Beach or Marina Shores? East Beach is gonna be grouping everyone together...

Reckless32 07-28-2003 07:46 PM

TTT

Nauti-Props 07-28-2003 09:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's here and I'm ready to go!

Reckless32 07-28-2003 11:26 PM

Looks great Greg. Can't wait to check it out and especially to see her run...Are you getting a slip at East Beach Marina Friday/Saturday?...

Cignificant 07-29-2003 07:33 AM

Rick, we're now up to 3 boats trailering over from Richmond. Myself, James (32' AT), and Richard (30' IMP). I'll be at Marina Shores about 1:30. I plan on tying up there - it's closer to my folk's house.

Greg, the boat look great!! Congratualtions again!

45sonic 07-29-2003 09:42 AM

Cig,

We don't know if Bill can get the day off or how soon we might be able to leave if he can leave early. We will keep in touch.

Sydwayz 07-29-2003 09:57 AM

That's one beautiful Donzi.

Also, for you HR guys; I caught a pic of a few of you rafted up in the Virginia Living magazine; August 2003. Several boats including a Baja and the SH Lead Sled.

Reckless32 07-29-2003 10:31 AM

Here's a copy of an informational email I sent out today:

Reminder:
Each boat has paid for at least FOUR persons (including captain) to eat lunch at the lunch stop, FOUR t-shirts, and passes for FOUR people to get in both party's. So make the most of the day/weekend and bring friends along for the ride. Additional poker hands are available for $100 each hand and will be purchased in the captain's name/boat to ensure non-participants are not included in the draws. Should you (the captain) decide you want to purchase a hand and provide it to one of your passengers or keep it, be advised of the process. There will be no "non-poker-run" hands sold this year as opposed to year's past. Volunteers get a t-shirt and entrance to both party's including food and lite beverages (soda) for having provided a "minimum" of 2 hours effort. I have all the poker run volunteers covered and names submitted.

Additionally:
You don't have to be a poker run participant to join the fun. You can bring your family, friends, and neighbors as well to the party's, only they will have to pay a cover charge. (keep in mind this is a fund-raising event) Each participant/s will be issued a wrist band to get in. So it will be easily distinguished who's who.

Numbers for East Beach Marina, Bay Point Marina, Marina Shores, and Little Creek Boatel/Marina is provided below for your convenience should you decide to either dock your boat overnight; use the slip for transient purposes Fri/Sat night; or overnight totally. East Beach which is 3/10ths of a mile (6 minute walk, shuttle provided) is offering the best deal per foot and has new floating docks with power. It's also connected to the Blue Crab Restaurant....

Marina's with slips:
1) East Beach Marina - 757-362-5000 (ask for Mike, reference LCR) This is the primary slip/overnight location. Mention Regatta and get slipped up with other participants.
2) Bay Point Marina - 757-362-8432 (this marina is adjacent to party area but limited availability due to sailboat docking)
3) **Marina Shores Boatel/Marina- 757-496-7000 (located inside Lynnhaven Inlet to the east, ask for Dean aka "Peanut" or mention LC Regatta) This is the marina offering free forklifting in/out of the water and trailer parking for the duration.
4) Little Creek Boatel/Marina - 757-362-3600 (within walking distance of party's but availability/pricing is unknown).

Nearest Primary Boat Ramps:
1) Cobb's Marina across from East Beach Marina in Little Creek Harbor: 757-588-5401 (ramp is repaired and available and the closest to festivities for trailering).
2) Va. Beach City Public Ramp - 757-460-7590 (located at the western base of Lesner Bridge spanning Lynnhaven Inlet just east of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel (RT-13) off Shore Drive. Little Creek Harbor where the start and party's are located, is just west of the Bay Bridge Tunnel. Marina Shores Boatel/Marina is just east of this location inside Lynhaven Inlet. Could get crowded late in the day)
3) Bubba's Restaurant/Marina - 757-481-3513 (opposite side of Lesner Bridge/City Ramp next to the "Inlet Restaurant". Suitable really only for smaller boats < 28ft due to tight confines & crowds).

Trailering Information:
If you plan on trailering the boat to the party's, a grassy parking area (left side entering immediately before party grounds) will be available for parking your truck/trailer/boat.

I hope this information helps facilitate your weekend and please share with all....

Last year was smokin' hot out; this year looks more comfortable...

Reckless32 07-29-2003 05:24 PM

Okay let's get this back up for the evening readers to peruse and absorb....

BillR 07-29-2003 10:28 PM

Everyone's getting their rigs shined up for the event. Saw SuperHawaii40 putting on a coat of wax today. Looks sweeet! Sounds great too, with those new CMI's.

Anyone for this board going to participate? Alot of OSO'ers were sorry LAST year that they didn't run. Are you all game for some real "OFFSHORE" water? Or will you stay home and boat in your bathtub?? :)

Reckless32 07-31-2003 05:52 PM

Okay, let's give her one more go around before we put it away until next year....Can't wait, it's gonna be great....:D :cool:

Super Hawaii 40 04-19-2004 07:26 AM

This event is different then any other. There are close to a thousand people in our tent during the partys. Live bands, food, and of course, good drink. Remember, you can save by signing up by June. Ocean running, Carrier Fleet, Wisconson Battleship. Lunch (4 included with registration) will be an all you can eat at HOOTERS on the water in Norfolk. They will have everything on their menu. They have an outdoor party area so we can eat and look at all the boats. The Waterside Marina will be closed to other traffic during the event so we will be-in control of the inner harbor and are allowed to be rafting like we did as we all enjoy the Richmond Poker Run stop at Smithfield Station. Should make quite a shot. So far the fastest entry has triple 1000HP in a 50+ Nor Tech. Should look cool beside Boyd Haynes with the triple Yanmars. (I think Boyd does better then 2.5 Gal/mile the fast ride uses) Seeing two twins of that size will be assume.
PLEASE JOIN US THE FIRST WEEKEND IN AUGUST EACH YEAR.
John Addy
Super Hawaii 40
LEAD SLED
PS thanks for the tip on a picture of my boat in Print. I will search it out.

CBlakeNS 04-19-2004 08:39 AM

Hopefully my dad and I can do this, this year ill make sure to show him the info!

Reckless32 04-19-2004 11:39 AM

Basically the the info remains the same as described for 2003 except the dates and lunch stop. Dates this year are August 6th & 7th (Fri/Sat) and lunch stop as Super Hawaii mentioned above, will be at the Downtown Norfolk Waterside (similar to Baltimore's and Jacksonvill's) Hooters.

Registration this year is $175 ($150 if postmarked by June 1st). Now how can you beat that price for ANY kind of boating event?...

CBlakeNS 04-19-2004 12:42 PM

Thanks for the info, ill get with my dad about it and get registered up ASAP!!!

Who is 100% sure that they will be attending the event?

Reckless32 04-19-2004 02:05 PM

Young Mr. Blake please provide your dad with the info and if he has any questions about it or any of our local boating activities, I'd be more than welcome to discuss it with him....

Rick Elkins

Cignificant 04-19-2004 07:55 PM

I sent my entry in last week...

Offshoreracr 04-19-2004 10:08 PM

Steve, how is finishing the project going? Can't wait to see the new paint job.

fastedy 04-20-2004 06:46 AM

Cant weight, Had a blast last year.

fastedy

CBlakeNS 04-20-2004 07:49 AM

Originally posted by Reckless32
Young Mr. Blake please provide your dad with the info and if he has any questions about it or any of our local boating activities, I'd be more than welcome to discuss it with him....

Rick Elkins

Thanks man, I sure do appreciate it, im printing of the info that you posted on the boat freaks site right now to give to him tonight!!!

Reckless32 04-20-2004 11:36 AM

You can also print off a registration at www.littlecreekregatta.org

Hey Cig, when are we gonna see updated pics of the project? Better yet what's the prognosis of seeing it for real?

I may blow up that way just for kicks sometime over the next few weekends.

Vyper340 04-20-2004 03:41 PM

Take some extra gas in your cooler Rick :) :) :):p :p :p

Reckless32 04-20-2004 03:52 PM

;) Here's lookin' back at'cha......:p

BTW, I figured out of the 7 hours logged this past weekend with one tank and ending up with a little less than a quarter tank "registered", meaning around 30 gallons to spare, the aggressive running I did got me around 4 hours good op time (round up to 3 hours no-wake for a total of 7.2 plus up/down plane time). A nice cruise up the river will be a piece of cake. The 32 is like a Volkswagon on gas...

Vyper340 04-20-2004 06:29 PM

Lookin' back indeed... We'll see how the Volkswagon does when the water isn't smooth and gas stops are few and far between. :p BTW, you know you can always siphon some extra go-juice from me when you need it. :D

BillR 04-21-2004 06:33 AM

Originally posted by Vyper340
Take some extra gas in your cooler Rick :) :) :):p :p :p
LMFAO!! :D :D :D

CBlakeNS 04-21-2004 08:54 AM

Well, I printed off the info about the run and read it to my dad and he said he would read it over again, so hopefully Ill be able to print the registration form out tonight and we can go ahead and get registered!!

Reckless32 04-21-2004 10:38 AM

BTW, you know you can always siphon some extra go-juice from me when you need it.
Hmmmm, free gas?!...:eek: It's a deal!...I'll skip the pump and be alongside first thing Saturday morning....:D As far as gas in them coolers, there's always some "go-juice" in them thar koolers....;)

Young Mr. Blake. Let your dad know there are two courses to be run in this poker run. One is shorter less aggressive designed specifically for the cruiser/family boats. The other of course is longer and a little more aggressive. Also the parties both on Friday night and after the run on Saturday, are great fun for the family as well. Should he decide not to participate in the run, he/you can volunteer to help, or simply come to the parties themselves for a small fee of $10 Friday $15 Saturday because they are open to all to help raise money for the cause (St Judes), and while there take a look at the boats tied at the dock....We do provide options for all...Hope this helps you convince him...;)

CBlakeNS 04-21-2004 10:11 PM

Sounds good, if we do Im pretty sure we would do the longer more agressive run, even though we wouldnt be the fastest boat out there it would still be a blast, anyways... im gonna make him do it, even at the age of 15 im literly love powerboats and getting into them alot lately!!

I cant wait till this weekend or next weekend when we go get our boat out of the marina, clean her all up and bring her home :) May sound weird but I love to wax and clean up the boat!!

Keep us updated on anything and ill get with my dad about filling out the registration form.

Also, there are other stock powerboats that run in the faster agressive class in this poker run right? Cause I believe we have a stock 27 1 formula fas tech with a 502 magnum in it.