Notices

I'm all done in Lake George

Old 08-17-2003, 09:48 AM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by EvilTwin
Chuck,

I have heard very little positive things for Lake George these days. While that Lake is going down hill, Sacandaga has been getting better and better.

Dude what the hell are you talking about? My boat is louder than most on the lake and definitely over the legal limit but I never had a problem . And if I get a ticket then I deserve it. I never had a issue with speed . just don't be so stupid as to run 90 mph on a crowded weekend. Use your common sense. The police have a job to do. Keeping order on the lake due to the fact the lake is such a large attraction. Aside from that what the hell dose Sacandaga have that L.G. doesn't? Both have their benefits and draw backs. Judging by many of the posts you have put up here in the past, seems to me that you have some sort of inferiority complex or something. Why can you not enjoy and admire each lake for it is and has to offer? If Sacandaga is so superior as you often claim it be, why is not the vacation destination that Lake George is? By the way the scenery can't compare. Does Sacandaga have a website like Lake George that list all the events that go on every year?? How much of your lake can you boat on with out having to worry about hitting rocks, stumps, sand bars, etc ?? If Lake George is going down hill then why is the average house on the lake more than 1 million $$$ .... Need I go on???? So Maybe when Lake George loses its scenery , endless activities , night life, college girls, tourist stop coming, and the lake gets filled with rocks and stumps, then I might sell my cabin and buy one on Sacandaga before my property value drops.

Come on man, give it up!

Last edited by Hot Boat; 08-18-2003 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-17-2003, 10:56 AM
Registered

Default No more freshwater

I had the fastest boat on Skaneateles Lake, one of the Fingerlakes in upstate NY. I grew up there, I know everybody, and then an ex NFL player Tim Green (announcer too that you probably know) moved there and decided to become the lake patrol. Personally bought the Sheriffs a boat, payed salaries, etc. etc. Guess who got one of the first tickets....Tim Green for inadequate lifejackets on board. Too bad he didn't get a BWI. The cops stop everyone now. Luckily with all his caring for the community, I took a new job anyway and don't live there anymore. The only loud, fast boat on the lake is gone, so I hope he's glad he spent his money wisely. Anyway, I had a harbor master stop to tell me on the Long Island Sound that my boat sounded great! WTF???? I love the big water (but I do have to get a bigger boat....)!!!
Old 08-17-2003, 12:47 PM
Registered

Originally posted by rouxsterre
I have found in 40+ years of boating that you INVITE them aboard, give them the red carpet, and every possible consideration (offer them a soda, etc.), show them the engine compartment etc., and generally try to make their shi**y job a little better that day.
I have made "suggestions" of how to maybe better approach the locals, and have generally afterwards been left alone. They are doing a job, and although there are some that are more socially inept than others, most will appreciate a break.
Great advice! And if that does`nt work, find out where he drinks, go there and hit up on his chick untill he takes a swing at you and then kick the livin` chit out of him!
Old 08-18-2003, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by Hot Boat
Dude what the hell are you talking about? My boat is louder than most on the lake and definitely over the legal limit but I never had a problem . And if I get a ticket then I deserve it. I never had a issue with speed . just don't be so stupid as to run 90 mph on a crowded weekend. Of course, from what I have seen and heard from several high performance boating associates, you have no clue as to how to run your boat anyway. But that is another story unto itself. Use your common sense. The police have a job to do. Keeping order on the lake due to the fact the lake is such a large attraction. Aside from that what the hell dose Sacandaga have that L.G. don't. Both have their benefits and draw backs. Judging by many of the posts you have put up here inthe past, seems to me that you have some sort of inferiority complex or something. Why can you not enjoy and admire each lake for it is and has to offer? If Sacandaga is so superior as you often claim it be, why is not the vacation destination that Lake George is? By the way the scenery can't compare. Does Sacandaga have a website like Lake George that list all the events that go on every year?? How much of your lake can you boat on with out having to worry about hitting rocks, stumps, sand bars, etc ?? If Lake George is going down hill then why is the average house on the lake more than 1 million $$$ .... Need I go on???? So Maybe when Lake George loses its scenery , endless activities , night life, college girls, tourist stop coming, and the lake gets filled with rocks and stumps, then I might sell my cabin and buy one on Sacandaga before my property value drops.

Come on man, give it up. Sacandaga has it's benefits as well as it's drawbacks. Just like Lake George. Accept it, and enjoy both what they each have to offer. Unfortunately, based on what I have read and heard about you and your friends, from people I know down on Sacandaga as well as from people that know you and your buddies, especially the guy that just bought that American Offshore, you are a jealous bunch that have a desire to be racers and LG residents, but just don't have the skills or knowledge to be either.
Dude take a breath!

First off, I am not saying that Lake George is a bad place. I visited there many times! Only a few by boat however and I had fun once better company was there. I think it used to be better with out all the newer regulations. That was my only point. Sacandaga is growing (as far as people, boats , homes, etc...) and while Lake George has been getting blasted by the media (which is not fair in my opinion) it has not been helpful with the authorities. I am not putting one up against the other as your "friend" seems to think. I was only talking about the stricter enforcement between the lakes, so where you got into all this about homes and property values I have no clue. Being a bit defensive aren't we! I do like them both for what each has to offer. So if you want to listen to someone elses opinion about me that is fine but don't try and tell me what I am like when you have no idea who the He!! I even am. Keep listening to your buddy who I can give many accounts about him as well (and they are all from up there on Lake George.) And as far as being a wanna be racer- whatever. I never claimed anything more about me or my boat that it isn't (which isn't all that much). Keep listening to those well informed voices.

And as far as those $1 million dollar houses on Lake George, what is your point? I only responded to the legal issues on the lake. Not the houses. It is Absolutley beautiful up there but what does that have to do the strict rules that are beginning to be pushed up there. My comments were only directed to the issues of the original post. Remember it is mostly those $1 million dollar home owners that are pushing for alot of these rules. So if you have a beef with me, make one based on personal knowledge of me and not from someone that is so fake it is incredible. Ask your friend with the "American Offshore" (and we know who he is and for the record I have no problem with him- he is a knowledgeable guy) what he thinks of your buddy who filled your heard with mindless dribble. He has heard his BS as well!

Find out for yourself about me before you start throwing sh!t around. I get along with most people. Just not those that are trying to be someone they are not.

And Shane,

You don't even want me to start! Do you.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:55 PM
Registered

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt!

I am not sure what is going on here but I believe that gun that you just put in your mouth was loaded
Old 08-18-2003, 03:28 PM
Registered

Tantrum,

Thank you for the clarification of this "issue". I don't know who did it, but I think we have an idea.

Hot Boat,

I hope we can come to an understanding of this issue. It did seem out of character.

I would like to meet both of you one day.

ET
Old 08-18-2003, 05:45 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

E.T.

Please accept my apologies on this matter . I wish I could of been in the office to take care of this problem sooner but I was at the hospital with my wife most of the day. Thank god everything is fine with her.

That aside I would like to clarify the problem here. As you know the words in my post are not all mine. My original post was directed to what I quoted from you in regard to the lake. That is a fair topic for open discussion. That is what the board is intended for. I don't feel the board should be used for personal attacks nor is it my style to do so.

Anything directed to you as a person , your character, friends etc. were not my own. I don't know you personally so it is not in my place to make any judgment toward you. As for who did re edit my post I need not mention a name for you probably already know who it is.

This person did have permission to edit my post due to him telling me that I had numerous spelling and grammar mistakes but he did not have permission to add to my words and speak for him self under my name. In my opinion that was just cowardly on his behalf.

SO DUDE (not you ET)

" if you got something to say then say it your self"

and on the same note

"it is sometimes better to remain silent than be thought of a fool."

you are digging your self a deep hole and your character is quickly fading in the eyes of many OSO members.

I have much better things to do at work than worry a offshore boating website ( not bashing OSO ) I do have a business to run and this is just unnecessary aggravation that I have to deal with .

Upon hearing what was written in my name I asked that anything that I did not wright please be deleted. the post is still not exactly as I wrote. I haven't even read the post my self. but people have read it me and been telling me what has been going on over the phone.

If the board gods could post my original post that would clear a lot of things up.

If you would like to further discuss this matter I will do so in private. If you want to keep this topic open then let the bashing begin.

If I do meet you in public , please let me buy you a few rounds.

my apologies

Paul kappus
The Victim
Old 08-18-2003, 06:46 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

This is kind of what the post did say prior to being edited. It is a post for a good open debate. not a personal attack. If the post would of been edited to this fashion I would of not had a problem with it and I would stand behind it.

"
Dude what are you talking about? My boat is louder than most on the lake and definitely over the legal limit but I never had a problem . And if I get a ticket then I deserve it. I never had a issue with speed . just don't be so stupid as to run 90 mph on a crowded weekend. Use your common sense. The police have a job to do. Keeping order on the lake due to the fact the lake is such a large attraction. Aside from that what dose Sacandaga have that L.G. doesn't? What kind of night life do you have on your lake. Does Sacandaga have a website like Lake George that list all the events that go on every year?? How much of your lake can you boat on with out having to worry about hitting rocks, ?? By the way the scenery can't compare. If Lake George is going down hill then why is the average house on the lake more than 1 million $$$ .... So Maybe when Lake George loses its scenery , endless activities , night life, college girls, tourist stop coming, and the lake gets filled with rocks, then I might sell my cabin and buy one on Sacandaga before my property value drops. "

Old 08-19-2003, 08:06 AM
Registered

Paul,

Thank you for clearing the issue up and yes we do know who the person is.

I also would like you to know that I was not bashing Lake George, but the rules that have been getting passed. (again this morning I heard on the news that there is a meeting tonight to talk about banning the Jetski's not from just the Village shores but the whole lake!) This is what I was referring to in my email. I think it is beautiful up there.

With all that being said, I hope someday to meet you and then you can base an opinion on me then.

I think true colors are starting to show on that "someone". He will sink his own ship without help from us.

Thanks again for the clarification.

Chris (ET)