Notices

Stains at the water line

Old 08-05-2003, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kieth - have you used Ringo???? If not, how can you compare it to those others?

I absolutely guarantee that it's easier to use and does a better job with less effort! It also has none of the highly corrosive issues that the acids that you mentioned have so it can be used directly on stainless and in the bilge. I wouldn't try that with ON/Off

In any case I don't sell this stuff as my day job and it doesn't bother me one way or another if you prefer to use something else. I only started selling this to help out my fellow boaters who have the same problem keeping the hull spotless that I do. And since I found what I FEEL is the best product, I offer it to anyone who would like some.

Good luck!

Dave
Old 08-05-2003, 09:34 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave, your statement has me puzzled. I've been using On/Off on my hulls for at least 14 years, and my most recent Scarab, weekly for the last 7 seasons.

What Vype was referring to was the fact once you use On/Off you HAVE to use it every week. The yellowing comes back twice as fast and no amount of wax will slow it down. It's simply TOO strong an application.

The very best product is the one that will do least of invasion on your hull or wax; simplicity of application without donning a chemical protection suit i.e. the closer to bare-handed applications the better; and finally, price. I can vouch for the Ringo Vype provides.

A friend turned me onto a great product recently and it's super cheap and simple to apply. It's Meguires tire/rim cleaner which is sold at Advance Auto in a clear spray bottle and it's pinkish in color. Spray on; let it work; rinse it off. The spray bottle makes it handier for applying to the bottom. The kicker is it's under $4.00 a bottle....