Notices

SBI Race

Old 08-04-2003, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The simple solution is that eventually the race teams will want some real competition and will have nowhere to go BUT APBA. I can't imagine a trophy meaning much to anyone that was the only competitor.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:17 AM
TulsaLarry

Originally posted by sauron
Little Reggie and Jeff did not race because the transmissions were running too hot. The boat ran 122 right out of the box and heard that the boat would run 130 in cool mornings. Looks like the Super V class is the next to go.

130 sounds pretty impressive, what horse power are they running?

Old 08-04-2003, 08:49 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Next up is Orange Beach,Alabama August 22-24. Rumor has it a lot of locals will run P-Class. We will be there to do the Poker Run and watch the race and just hang out. This will be our first SBI race,hopefully it will be a nice event. Some pretty strong sponsors,they even bought a large ad in Sunday's Birmingham News newspaper,not a cheap thing.Orange Beach,Al is a cool place,anyone going,let me know, Karen and I will be hanging around the famous Florabama. I'm not into politics,just enjoy good racing.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:16 AM
Registered

SummerObsession Do you really think the prize money is important to the teams.? I figured for the amount of money any team spends on just travel and expenses That a little prize money would not matter. But I could be wrong
Old 08-04-2003, 10:24 AM
Registered

Default Re: SBI Race

Originally posted by Viper One
Anyone have a count as to how many boats showed up for Camp Reggie this weekend?
14 boats was the tally i got
Old 08-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mmwalters
SummerObsession Do you really think the prize money is important to the teams.? I figured for the amount of money any team spends on just travel and expenses That a little prize money would not matter. But I could be wrong
I didn't say anything about prize money. As with most any kind of racing, egos and pride play a huge part. My point is that if you are a "World Champion" in a class that has no other boats show up, so what

I could be a "World Champion" Indy car driver if no other cars showed up.
Old 08-04-2003, 01:10 PM
Registered

SummerObession Ok I missread your post. I do agree first place with only entry only means you did show up. To out run good competition is what it is all about
Old 08-04-2003, 05:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Just returned from North Carolina. I think I can speak for everyone who attended. We had a great time. Alabama will be epic. The promoter and his entire staff was in NC. They are rolling out the red carpet for us. They made it clear that everyone is welcome.

News Flash: Referee disqualified and new inspection team disassembled motors. Yes, this is SBI and no it is not a misprint.
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:25 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

News Flash: Referee disqualified and new inspection team disassembled motors. Yes, this is SBI and no it is not a misprint.
A step in the right direction to increase boat count. It shows me they may start paying attention to the rules.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:32 PM
sauron

Excuse me, but who is referee?

Quick Reply: SBI Race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.