Notices

82 mph Jetski

Old 08-04-2003, 06:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts
Default 82 mph Jetski

I'm talking to a guy in ROSEVILLE, California about buying his GPR1200 ex-raceboat. It's supposed to run over 80, and I need somebody to inspect it for me.

Does anybody live in that area and do you know somebody trustworthy and knowledgeable that could go over there and inspect it for me (I will pay for your time of course)?

It's a hard core race boat with total loss ignition and runs on a strict diet of race fuel, so it's not really much of a play boat, but it sounds like a royal rush and I'm always up for that. I've got an interested buyer for my 70+ GPS modded Ultra150, and I need something to replace it...

Surely somebody has some friends who are in the know about performance PWCs that could lay an eyeball on it for me. If it checks out and I buy it, it's all yours for a day before I get it shipped out this way...

reply or pm or email..
Old 08-04-2003, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

What about having the guys at ProTec take a look at it for ya. Their in Cali. Don't know how far away that are from where the ski is though.

I'm quite sure they would be able to give a good evaluation of the boat if it's got that much done to it.

By the way, you're much better off with the GPR hull at those speeds than the death trap, I mean Ultra.

Buck
Old 08-04-2003, 09:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

99 ultra.
R&D billet heads (so I can run cheap plugs).
.062 jug spacer with .040 milled off the top of the cylinders.
Port cleanup.
Gutted waterbox.
R&D intake adaptor and 48mm mikunis with TauCeti arrestors.
16/20 impeller in a shimmed pump
Aquavein intake grate.
Solas nozzle
2001 style air intake added.
Tiny tach.
Beach house sponsons.

with the sponsons all the way up and back.
almost out of gas.
nads hanging off the back of the seat.
70.2-70.4 GPS

I'll have to get a Cali map and see where everything is...

Last edited by mcollinstn; 08-04-2003 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Pro-Tec used to be a factory backed team for Yami. They know their stuff. I've run a lot of their products on my boats back in the racing days. Wouldn't be afraid of their knowledge for a second.

Buck
Old 08-05-2003, 08:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Nobody near Roseville, Cali??
Old 08-05-2003, 10:43 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you talking about JetSkis? Need photos!
Old 08-05-2003, 11:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm real close to buying this thing. I just need somebody to go check it out for me.

If I get it I'll post lots of pictures.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Okay, it's in Sacramento. Pro Tec is near Long Beach.

Any more ideas? Maybe this is near Nort...
Old 08-06-2003, 03:52 PM
Sydwayz Too

(This is Sydwayz)

82 mph on any PWC is cookin. You have to do A LOT to the motor and the whole jet/pump system to get that much water through it. Supposedly, there was a PWC on Lake Anna, VA, clocked at over 80. The whole pump was ripped out and the cavity was made larger, and nothing was stock on the boat. Its almost a catch 22 for speed on a jet ski like that, as you have to have a scoop grate that extends below the running surface to get that much water directed into the pump; at the same time, that scoop is inducing mucho drag.

Old 08-06-2003, 09:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The boat has had the cavity enlarged and is running a huge Skat pump. It has an aquavein scoop grate with the rear loaders extended 1/8 below standard.

It runs triples and Novis with tee handle adjusters.

I have an air quality meter from my bike roadracing days and it makes jetting changes a snap. You can baseline your equipment on any day that the temp is between 65 and 85 and the humidity is below 75%, and then you can chart your jetting changes one time. Then you take a reading and it will tell you "x percent richer or leaner". All you gotta do is get a feel for how much is "x" percent on each vehicle (be it by jet changes, needle turns, etc..). Jetting changes are definitely a part of life with highly tuned 2-strokes. That's both expected and not a minus to me. I've been reading plugs since I was 12.

Quick Reply: 82 mph Jetski

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.