Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain? >

Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Notices

Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Old 03-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Originally Posted by twin screws
My god this is an old thread. Who brought this back up?
Thats what I was wondering. There has been so much of this bashing crap going on around here lately that I hardley ever even go on OSO anymore. A couple of months ago some jerk who didn't even have a boat called my boat junk. Every boat is built with a different pourpose in mind and unless we know of a manufacturer whos product has a history of falling appart, or unsafe hadling carictaristics, I don't think any of us can say "my boat is better than yours".
Old 03-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dhlaw
You would be kidding yourself if you thought that Skip Braver cares one bit about racing. He is a "Poser Run" king!! He wants to build boats that he can sell to poser runners, not support factory race efforts.
Is the company name Cigarette or Cigarette racing?
Old 03-15-2005, 08:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Really Folks this subject AGAIN!!!!!
In all honesty I think that GLH really summed it up well. with his thread recap illustrating all the others that are held up against the Bar of a Cigarette. Fountain just being one of the rest.
I also identified with Brownie's post that you have Ferrari, and Rolexes and Cigarettes.
Brandon, I tip my hat to you and whoever pointed out to you at such a tender age that Cig's are solid EVERYWHERE.
But For me. Having had the privledge of owning 4 different Top Guns to date. It's about all the things that people have mentioned. The solid ride. The Deep Cockpit. The knowledge that I will always get home no matter what the seas. The feeling that sometimes it is the water that cries out for mercy from the boat and never the other way around. Yeah all that and more.
But really the reason that I Like Cigarettes better than Fountains is because when I pull out of Baker's Haulover Inlet pushing those throttles home and coming on plane heading south to Miami and parts unknown. The kids and their dads standing and pointing on the breakwater are all saying "Hey that's a CIGARETTE" And believe me they don't call 'em fountains, baja's, outerlimits, or donzi's that's for sure.
Best,
Rice Hauler
P.S. Might I remind you all. When the Lincoln division of Ford Motor Company wanted an offshore boat to associate with thier top of the line Lincoln LS they DID NOT go find a fountain, outerlimits, baja, scarab, donzi, or formula. Although they well could have. NO FOLKS, They went and found themselves the tried and true Icon of Offshore a CIGARETTE TOP GUN.
"Hey I gotta get me one of those"

Last edited by Rice Hauler; 03-15-2005 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bajalion
Wasabe = 16 posts
This Thread = 83 posts

Keep stirring the pot.

As for the Lake Erie comment...yes there are a bunch of buttbeads out there but a lot of us try to stay within the rules. Charter captains learn the rules so they can be assured they are breaking them all.
Wasabe post count now = 4727
Old 03-15-2005, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by epeek
Is the company name Cigarette or Cigarette racing?
It's "Cigarette Racing" in the blue book and Nada

Rob, well put.....
Old 03-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

When a Cigarette hits a wave..... the wave moves.....
Old 03-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

I will say this though. If you own ANY offshore powerboat, you're fine in my book and we can sit and B.S. on the dock all day long! Everyone has their own feelings about any particular boat and their feelings on what they like best. For instance, I owned a Baja and LOVED IT! Thought it was a great boat and did really well for me for many years. It pissed me off when people talked sh!t about them because for the money it is one hell of a boat and handled rough water extremely well. Cig, Fountain, Baja, Scarab, OL, Powerplay, etc. etc. etc. Who cares? Lets all get together and have cocktails while lounging on our sunpads (or deck if you have scoops) and offer cold ones to the people who can't afford a boat!!
Old 03-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Registered

Any boat is better than NO BOAT........
Old 03-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rice Hauler
The kids and their dads standing and pointing on the breakwater are all saying "Hey that's a CIGARETTE" And believe me they don't call 'em fountains, baja's, outerlimits, or donzi's that's for sure.

Not to add more fuel to this fire, but don't ya think in your hyperthetical situation that they are saying "Cigarette" as a generic term? Basically one of those loud and fast boats.

I'm with Tank. Have many boating friends that cover, Bayliner, Formula, Cig, PQ, Regal, and even Sommerset( houseboat), we think nothing of what brand got us to the water.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 03-15-2005 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Registered

Cigarette and Lincoln LS in the same sentence is a crime, I had 3 LS Lincolns in my shop last week that were missing and leaking oil at the same time ,they have Jag. motors in them.

Last edited by rush; 03-15-2005 at 09:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.