Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain? >

Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Notices

Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Old 03-16-2005, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Fountain = Production

Cig = Custom

You get what you pay for. If you have been in both boats and still say they are in the same category you are not being truthful imo. The Fountain race boats are not even close to the production ones you buy off a dealers lot.

The one poker run I ran my Cig in when it was really rough (read ocean not lake) there were more than a few Fountains that came back with the interior laying on the floor. The first boats to the first checkpoint were all Cigs. The Fountains were far behind.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig

The one poker run I ran my Cig in when it was really rough (read ocean not lake) there were more than a few Fountains that came back with the interior laying on the floor. The first boats to the first checkpoint were all Cigs. The Fountains were far behind.
I was with HavasuCig in his Gun that day. It was rough as hell (4'-8') and there were alot faster boats out there, but we literally spanked everyone out there except a 42' tiger with 900's. The other boats, Fountains, Skaters, whatever, etc... were left in the dust. Alot of people were bruised, cut, and beat up pretty bad in that run. I saw at least 10 people bleeding that day after the run!
Alot of other boats had alot of damage to them. the Cig was run flat out (82mph) the whole entire way through the rough.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 2,943 Likes on 978 Posts

Originally Posted by pull my trigger
you guys and your memories......todays races are short course.......thats the way it is......were sorry.......Fountains accelerate, turn and go fast enough to win......in todays arena......If the races were long open ocean races today like they were "15- 20 years ago" Id bet MY bottom dollar Reggie would have a suitable boat and still whip everybodys azz.......knock it off with the memories already.......sheesh

ps 20 yrs ago.....1985.....the company was in its infancy.....did he even race at all.....

Ummm, I hate to point this out but when Cigarette does decide to race and back racers, they do win....look at the '00 season where Lip-Ship spanked everyone in F-2. When Cigarette does race they are contenders.

dhlaw said it (in other words ) Cigarette just isn't interested in racing now. Doesn't change a thing about their fit and finish. Races don't make sales, poker runs and the P.R. machine do.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Alot of people were bruised, cut, and beat up pretty bad in that run. I saw at least 10 people bleeding that day after the run!
If thats your idea of fun you should think seriously of taking it to the racecourse and sign your waviers and do it in a controlled environment......hopefully nobody was seriously hurt in the run.......my insurance rates are high enough thank you
Old 03-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Re: Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Ok, ok. Sometimes, when I'm alone- I think about Cigarette.

Shhhhhhhh, don't tell.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If thats your idea of fun you should think seriously of taking it to the racecourse and sign your waviers and do it in a controlled environment......hopefully nobody was seriously hurt in the run.......my insurance rates are high enough thank you
First of all before before you try to jump down down my throat, I didn't say people getting hurt was my idea of fun. I was simply stating what happened. Everyone in HavasuCig's TG was fine. That boat can take whatever is dished out to it and keep it's occupants comfy and safe.
We also couldn't control the water, the weather, etc.... we were there for a Poker Run, and that's it. So go blow steam somewhere else...thank you
Old 03-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

you guys and your memories......todays races are short course.......thats the way it is......were sorry.......Fountains accelerate, turn and go fast enough to win......in todays arena......If the races were long open ocean races today like they were "15- 20 years ago" Id bet MY bottom dollar Reggie would have a suitable boat and still whip everybodys azz.......knock it off with the memories already.......sheesh

ps 20 yrs ago.....1985.....the company was in its infancy.....did he even race at all.....

i smell jealousy and you sound hard headed like me that you just have to be right but face it dude cigarette is cigarette. when you here someone go to you " hey is that one of those cigarette boats you own". that when you will relize "chit the donz jr is right" unless it's already happened right GLH OR LUCKY STRIKE

donz jr mike
Old 03-16-2005, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonz
i smell jealousy and you sound hard headed like me that you just have to be right but face it dude cigarette is cigarette. when you here someone go to you " hey is that one of those cigarette boats you own". that when you will relize "chit the donz jr is right" unless it's already happened right GLH OR LUCKY STRIKE

donz jr mike
Old 03-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not just go out and buy a New Apache
Old 03-16-2005, 09:01 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonz
.." hey is that one of those cigarette boats you own"...
I think the phrase is:
"S'that one ahhh them thar Cigarette boats????"

Quick Reply: Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.