Like Tree0Likes

Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Reply
Old 03-16-2005, 09:41 AM
  #131
Registered
 
Havasu Cig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: San Diego
My Boats: 2004 28 Skater / 300x's
Posts: 963
Default Re: Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Fountain = Production

Cig = Custom

You get what you pay for. If you have been in both boats and still say they are in the same category you are not being truthful imo. The Fountain race boats are not even close to the production ones you buy off a dealers lot.

The one poker run I ran my Cig in when it was really rough (read ocean not lake) there were more than a few Fountains that came back with the interior laying on the floor. The first boats to the first checkpoint were all Cigs. The Fountains were far behind.
Havasu Cig is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:41 AM
  #132
Registered
 
Semper Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,234
Default Re: Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havasu Cig

The one poker run I ran my Cig in when it was really rough (read ocean not lake) there were more than a few Fountains that came back with the interior laying on the floor. The first boats to the first checkpoint were all Cigs. The Fountains were far behind.
I was with HavasuCig in his Gun that day. It was rough as hell (4'-8') and there were alot faster boats out there, but we literally spanked everyone out there except a 42' tiger with 900's. The other boats, Fountains, Skaters, whatever, etc... were left in the dust. Alot of people were bruised, cut, and beat up pretty bad in that run. I saw at least 10 people bleeding that day after the run!
Alot of other boats had alot of damage to them. the Cig was run flat out (82mph) the whole entire way through the rough.
Semper Fi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:48 AM
  #133
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,675
Default Re: Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pull my trigger
you guys and your memories......todays races are short course.......thats the way it is......were sorry.......Fountains accelerate, turn and go fast enough to win......in todays arena......If the races were long open ocean races today like they were "15- 20 years ago" Id bet MY bottom dollar Reggie would have a suitable boat and still whip everybodys azz.......knock it off with the memories already.......sheesh

ps 20 yrs ago.....1985.....the company was in its infancy.....did he even race at all.....

Ummm, I hate to point this out but when Cigarette does decide to race and back racers, they do win....look at the '00 season where Lip-Ship spanked everyone in F-2. When Cigarette does race they are contenders.

dhlaw said it (in other words ) Cigarette just isn't interested in racing now. Doesn't change a thing about their fit and finish. Races don't make sales, poker runs and the P.R. machine do.
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:15 PM
  #134
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: oshawa ontario
My Boats: 31 Scarab Thunder
Posts: 4,699
Default Re: Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Alot of people were bruised, cut, and beat up pretty bad in that run. I saw at least 10 people bleeding that day after the run!
If thats your idea of fun you should think seriously of taking it to the racecourse and sign your waviers and do it in a controlled environment......hopefully nobody was seriously hurt in the run.......my insurance rates are high enough thank you
pullmytrigger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:18 PM
  #135
Registered
 
bryanspeedracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: rochester, ny
My Boats: '84 fountain 10meter
Posts: 978
Red face Re: Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Ok, ok. Sometimes, when I'm alone- I think about Cigarette.

Shhhhhhhh, don't tell.
bryanspeedracer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:33 PM
  #136
Registered
 
Semper Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,234
Default Re: Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pull my trigger
If thats your idea of fun you should think seriously of taking it to the racecourse and sign your waviers and do it in a controlled environment......hopefully nobody was seriously hurt in the run.......my insurance rates are high enough thank you
First of all before before you try to jump down down my throat, I didn't say people getting hurt was my idea of fun. I was simply stating what happened. Everyone in HavasuCig's TG was fine. That boat can take whatever is dished out to it and keep it's occupants comfy and safe.
We also couldn't control the water, the weather, etc.... we were there for a Poker Run, and that's it. So go blow steam somewhere else...thank you
Semper Fi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 02:57 PM
  #137
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vice City & Tavernier, FL
My Boats: one ballsy Top Gun, a very fast Skater, one party Yellowfin....oh yeah, and two Boston Whalers
Posts: 5,851
Default Re: Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pull my trigger
you guys and your memories......todays races are short course.......thats the way it is......were sorry.......Fountains accelerate, turn and go fast enough to win......in todays arena......If the races were long open ocean races today like they were "15- 20 years ago" Id bet MY bottom dollar Reggie would have a suitable boat and still whip everybodys azz.......knock it off with the memories already.......sheesh

ps 20 yrs ago.....1985.....the company was in its infancy.....did he even race at all.....

i smell jealousy and you sound hard headed like me that you just have to be right but face it dude cigarette is cigarette. when you here someone go to you " hey is that one of those cigarette boats you own". that when you will relize "chit the donz jr is right" unless it's already happened right GLH OR LUCKY STRIKE

donz jr mike
thedonz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 05:43 PM
  #138
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: oshawa ontario
My Boats: 31 Scarab Thunder
Posts: 4,699
Default Re: Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonz
i smell jealousy and you sound hard headed like me that you just have to be right but face it dude cigarette is cigarette. when you here someone go to you " hey is that one of those cigarette boats you own". that when you will relize "chit the donz jr is right" unless it's already happened right GLH OR LUCKY STRIKE

donz jr mike
pullmytrigger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:29 PM
  #139
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
CAP071's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 16,430
Default Re: Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Why not just go out and buy a New Apache
CAP071 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 10:01 PM
  #140
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
GLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, VT
My Boats: Azimut
Posts: 15,267
Default Re: Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonz
.." hey is that one of those cigarette boats you own"...
I think the phrase is:
"S'that one ahhh them thar Cigarette boats????"
GLH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
tanner
General Boating Discussion
4
11-13-2006 04:31 PM
JS232
General Boating Discussion
39
03-31-2006 10:05 AM
JUSTONCE
General Boating Discussion
99
03-14-2005 11:31 PM
LPA2106
General Boating Discussion
14
01-26-2004 01:57 PM
LPA2106
General Boating Discussion
74
01-25-2004 11:35 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.