Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Shooters @ LOTO Shootout weekend? >

Shooters @ LOTO Shootout weekend?

Notices

Shooters @ LOTO Shootout weekend?

Old 08-07-2003, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was there in the 80's when the place opened. They could have done so much but constantly failed. Many owners, many attempts but always the same results.
It would make a great case study for a business policy class.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THe last 3 buyers were financed by the original owner. Each time he ended up getting it back. Pretty tough to make that kind of mortgage payment when you only have 12 saturday nights/year to earn your money.
I think jbk has the idea. Try to get more than saturday night business.
Gary
Old 08-07-2003, 01:49 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

The whole reserved dock thing at Shooters is rediculous too. Why anyone would pay that much money to dock their boat on those chity docks is beyond me. I'd rather go to the Toad, BWJ's, or the Salty Dog anyday. ALL have better facilities, ALL have better food, and ALL are run better than Shooters.

there's a pool at Shooters? Guess I just never noticed.

So Buck, if we go someplace else, are we still gonna get to see the Weed Eater, the School Bus, and the Sprinkler?????? And is that friend you had with you on Mem. Day coming with you? Fred, right? He was FUNNY on the dance floor!
Old 08-07-2003, 02:55 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Buck and the Sprinkler?
He must have learned that from his better half, that is an Oklahoma thing!!!! HA!
Old 08-07-2003, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by Waterfoul
The whole reserved dock thing at Shooters is rediculous too. Why anyone would pay that much money to dock their boat on those chity docks is beyond me. I'd rather go to the Toad, BWJ's, or the Salty Dog anyday. ALL have better facilities, ALL have better food, and ALL are run better than Shooters.
foul, just back your cruiser into a reserved slip, turn on the flat screens and bumpin system and you will see why guys buy the reserved slips at shooters. it is like shooting fish in a barrel. the wild parties are always on the docks. at least they use to be when they didn't kick out the boats at 1:30.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:04 PM
Registered

jbk,
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Gary
Old 08-07-2003, 04:06 PM
Registered

Originally posted by jawbreakerkid
whoa....whoaa.....i don't want to give up my VIP balcony view!!! i think the shootout is just fine. instead of moving it, i say we round up some investors and pump some money back into Shooter's ie: large break wall, new docks, put in a nice restaurant comparable to dorsey's or BWJ's, turn the VIP lounge into a strip club, redo the AC in the entire place, promote the outside tiki bar theme around the pool. the pool as it sits is a waste. get rid of the karokee bar and turn it into a cigar bar area. each weekend there should be different up and coming bands playing on the deck in front of the docks.

any other ideas?

jbk
A strip club on the water at LOTO is a necessity!!! i have been thinking about that for awhile. Every other ideas sounds great also, but who would do that...and yes their food sucks and has ALWAYS sucked.

The party last year was good on the dock, since i actually got a slip right up front. And why does everyone have to kick people out at 1:30? Damn liabilities

Alright, I'm off to LOTO. haven't been down since the 4th and going to be in the 'obnoxus' boat!!!!!! hope to see some of you down there......
Old 08-07-2003, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

So Buck, if we go someplace else, are we still gonna get to see the Weed Eater, the School Bus, and the Sprinkler?????? And is that friend you had with you on Mem. Day coming with you? Fred, right? He was FUNNY on the dance floor! [/B][/QUOTE]

I'll probably pull out a few of my originals. Can't stand the thought of going somewhere without making an a$$ of myself. Fred will not be making the trip with us this time. His sweetie wouldn't take kindly to that. Too many guys going. Fred is a nut though. Trust me on this one Mike, one of the guys I am bringing will make Fred look like a beginner. This guy leaves his morals and cooth at home whenever he goes anywhere. You WON'T be dissappointed.

I called Shooters today to try and get some feedback on dock policies and treatment of people. Let's just say that my money will not be going there anymore. I'd rather throw it in the water then give anymore to them. Nuff said.

Buck
Old 08-07-2003, 06:26 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Yeah, the allure of Shooters has lost any appeal to me over the years also. I really don't need to go there either. It does look pretty cool from the water though.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

the shoot out is its only attraction!

later

been there done that many. many years ago

Quick Reply: Shooters @ LOTO Shootout weekend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.